Former Bears Coach Says Fields was "Really hard to Watch"

Bort

Liked Posts:
Super dramatic way of putting it.

Last year I mentioned a few times that Fields goes through his progressions way too fast. He's off the primary sometimes before the play has time to develop. He doesn't feel the timing of lots of routes, doesn't have the patience to allow them to develop. Probably not the best at presnap identification either. I think that's what this guy is getting at in a dramatic way.
I think it was more the opposite. From my film watching on him, Fields' tendency was to stare at his first read too long, then try to jump ahead to the check down who should have been read four, skipping two and three entirely.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Possibly. Don’t know about likely though. All depends on what pick and who was there.
Previously, I would have agreed with that. But I really get the feeling that Poles wanted to pick his own QB and that he would have moved on regardless.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does it matter when the quote was from when many here have said the same regarding last year's play. The issue was never that this was a problem as a rookie. It was that it didn't improve enough after 3 years. CW should also not get judged until the start of year 3. I was pro Fields until then and saw there wasn't enough advancement.

I'd wager that some complaining about this thread will jump on CW if his game isn't all that early on. Something most here agreeing with the quote did not do to JF. It's just odd that this thread still needs to be actively rebuked as opposed to ignored by those that say we need to move on from real FB talk.

We have and before those that are complaining.
Just the dipshit crew

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Previously, I would have agreed with that. But I really get the feeling that Poles wanted to pick his own QB and that he would have moved on regardless.

But would he have done it for say Nix? Just depends on the pick and who was there.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Then why haven't you all moved on?

Seems to me that all the Fields fandom are so butt hurt and want everyone to move on...

What else is there to talk about in the off-season??
- guy who continually posts about and trashes the QB who is no longer here 😂😂😂

greg23

Liked Posts:
To be fair, if the bears didnt have the #1 OA pick, then fields would likely still be their QB in 2024.
Seeing as how 6 qbs were drafted in the top 12 picks; and no NFL teams were willing to trade for/offer RB1 a starting spot......I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest with 99.99% confidence that Poles would have replaced him no matter what.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seeing as how 6 qbs were drafted in the top 12 picks; and no NFL teams were willing to trade for/offer RB1 a starting spot......I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest with 99.99% confidence that Poles would have replaced him no matter what.

I didn't realize you worked in the Bears front office, are you under Taneesha to welcome in the new era of him-hers NFL-Tranny league ?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think it was more the opposite. From my film watching on him, Fields' tendency was to stare at his first read too long, then try to jump ahead to the check down who should have been read four, skipping two and three entirely.
He went back and forth. He never seemed comfortable with route timing or his footwork.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest with 99.99% confidence that Poles would have replaced him no matter what.

Poles was definitely drafting a QB.

I think if he missed out on his top three, he may have kept Fields, declined the 5th year and called it a "competition".

Getting his pick of the litter made it easy for him.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ll go to the grave defending the situation he was drafted into. Ya he has some flaws but he also went through one of the worst situations you could get drafted into. Year three was too little too late I get it.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How do you know this? Do you have ryan poles on your speed dial next to Dominos and Pizza Hut?
Oh look all you can do is respond with is an insult because you bring no other value to the conversation.

How do I know? I know based on the fact that Justin Fields is that bad. Ryan Poles is not going to continue to stake his career on an obvious failure. He's not going to hope that Justin Fields is going to figure it out when it's obvious he never will.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hello Fields fan here. I don’t know why y’all are still obsessed with the former bears QB but there are options for Steelers forums if interested. With that being said I’m moving this, sorry if it disappoints you

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I’ll go to the grave defending the situation he was drafted into. Ya he has some flaws but he also went through one of the worst situations you could get drafted into. Year three was too little too late I get it.
He went through one of the worst situations? What about Bryce Young's situation? What about CJ Stroud's situation?

There are plenty of QBs that have been drafted into horrible situations and have been better.

Justin Fields was drafted in year one to take this team to the playoffs he was supposed to be good enough to get the team over the hump with Allen Robinson and Darnell Mooney. He was worse than Trubisky and the rest is history.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When I saw this thread, my first thought was to lock it or trash it since there was already a thread on this.
Yall gonna be working overtime with all these Feilds h8rs that can't let it go for our new pansexual qb

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and also why DJ got so many throws and Mooney so few, especially when Mooney was in the slot (often) where he's splitting the field

greg23

Liked Posts:
I didn't realize you worked in the Bears front office, are you under Taneesha to welcome in the new era of him-hers NFL-Tranny league ?
Nope...but I have 2 eyes and 1 brain.....based on 3 years and 40 games of tape; pretty obvious Poles wasn't hitching his career to a qb ranked as one of the worst; esp in 4th quarters.

Jeez....this wasn't ever a hard decision....even if the options were qb 2/3/4 in this draft