Former Bears Coach Says Fields was "Really hard to Watch"

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well the rule states the the Bears forum is supposed to be used for NFL and Bears teams. Now if a mod can’t stand the way a Steelers kick returner gets talked about on a Chicago board, it can get moved.
But that really isn’t supposed to fall under the job of what mods do. They’re supposed to kind of let adults talk online.
However, lots of threads about Steelers kick returners end up in the trash can for no reason.

There are photos of myself compared to George Costanza that are free game to be posted. And I haven’t complained about that. However, Mods are more worried about protecting Lions’ trolls with public pictures.

Again, mods kind of apply the rules at their discretion.
And some silenced free and fair speech about Fields before he was traded.
I just checked the trash bin, there are no threads about the Steelers kick returner there? Also you should post your articles on twitter, Elon pretends to care about free speech, George Costanza

Nelly

Liked Posts:
My friends and I always thought he was more like Forest Gump - slow thinker, fast runner.
I think this is just woefully inaccurate most of the time when used to try to explain quarterbacks who can't perform at a high level in the NFL.

It's not intelligence or necessarily even the ability to process information. It's a skillset. A manner of thinking and seeing. Up to that level, if you've got a good arm, you can afford to see guys come open and hit them with a good pass. The NFL doesn't allow you to do that. Instead, you need to see angles, recognize defensive leverage, anticipate what's going to happen over there based on what's happening over here, then make a split second decision not just to throw, but be able to throw it on time.

It's different, but i would liken it to why everyone can't be a light-out shooter in basketball like I was. Yea, I worked hard on my form and practiced a lot, but plenty of people who put in as much or more work on that than I did still wouldn't have been as good because I just happen to have really good spatial awareness, proprioception and depth perception. It translates to being really good at pool, darts, cornhole and so on. All those types of games that rely on being able to judge distance/angles, I excel at, because my brain works like that. Some people's don't. It doesn't mean they're stupid, it just means they don't have that skillset or innate ability.

I think being an NFL level QB and being able to see the field/game like that is something that you're much more naturally able to do rather than something you can cultivate, which is why you see guys bust out of nowhere. Cause in college, you can still play a high level without it. In the NFL, it's a no-go. It's Jay Cutler vs. Tom Brady really. Jay was a much superior athlete and thrower but Tom Brady just knew the angles, the leverage, the routes, he knew exactly where the ball had to be and when.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Well the rule states the the Bears forum is supposed to be used for NFL and Bears teams. Now if a mod can’t stand the way a Steelers kick returner gets talked about on a Chicago board, it can get moved.
But that really isn’t supposed to fall under the job of what mods do. They’re supposed to kind of let adults talk online.
However, lots of threads about Steelers kick returners end up in the trash can for no reason.

There are photos of myself compared to George Costanza that are free game to be posted. And I haven’t complained about that. However, Mods are more worried about protecting Lions’ trolls with public pictures.

This is the first time I have read a lengthy response from @JordanSigler , LOL He is usually a one and done click baiter, heh.

Mods must have him worried. GOOD JOB MODS!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
True. I’ve noticed the new mods don’t really follow the rules.
Would be nice if the article actually reflected the title for a change. The supposed coaches quotes weren't actually related to the Fields in system quote. I personally felt the writing was on the wall at that point but gave him another 1/4 season to see what he could do his way before thinking the Bear would move on.

Still hope he finds a system and he thrives in but that wasn't going to be here at that point. QBs that are around while 2 OCs get fired don't tend to stick around regardless of circumstances.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just checked the trash bin, there are no threads about the Steelers kick returner there? Also you should post your articles on twitter, Elon pretends to care about free speech, George Costanza
Costanza'd

"Steelers special teams coordinator Danny Smith tossed out the idea of using Fields as a kick returner."

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
“chicken with his head cut off.”

LMFAO, not really too far off.
My friends and I always thought he was more like Forest Gump - slow thinker, fast runner.
If that would have been Trubs, this board would be calling him stupid.
ahh, the huggers double standards.
More like a fish with his eyes poked out

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Some people just can't wrap their head around what guys like me have been saying for the past year.

Fields is just a poor QB. When the game is on the line he can't win with his arm.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think this is just woefully inaccurate most of the time when used to try to explain quarterbacks who can't perform at a high level in the NFL.

It's not intelligence or necessarily even the ability to process information. It's a skillset. A manner of thinking and seeing. Up to that level, if you've got a good arm, you can afford to see guys come open and hit them with a good pass. The NFL doesn't allow you to do that. Instead, you need to see angles, recognize defensive leverage, anticipate what's going to happen over there based on what's happening over here, then make a split second decision not just to throw, but be able to throw it on time.

It's different, but i would liken it to why everyone can't be a light-out shooter in basketball like I was. Yea, I worked hard on my form and practiced a lot, but plenty of people who put in as much or more work on that than I did still wouldn't have been as good because I just happen to have really good spatial awareness, proprioception and depth perception. It translates to being really good at pool, darts, cornhole and so on. All those types of games that rely on being able to judge distance/angles, I excel at, because my brain works like that. Some people's don't. It doesn't mean they're stupid, it just means they don't have that skillset or innate ability.

I think being an NFL level QB and being able to see the field/game like that is something that you're much more naturally able to do rather than something you can cultivate, which is why you see guys bust out of nowhere. Cause in college, you can still play a high level without it. In the NFL, it's a no-go. It's Jay Cutler vs. Tom Brady really. Jay was a much superior athlete and thrower but Tom Brady just knew the angles, the leverage, the routes, he knew exactly where the ball had to be and when.

100%

I will also out shoot you and I haven’t shot a basketball in 3 years : )

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tyler Dunne of Go Long seems like he's on a JF smear campaign to make himself relevant.
From a journalistic standpoint he has no specific sources. Just conjecture.

Dunne quoted two unnamed former coaches of Fields in his article about where the Bears went wrong with Fields and Mitch Trubisky. . One coach compared him to a beheaded bird:
:rolleyes:
I've dug into Dunne and he has a history of being well-sourced and even many direct discussions with the players themselves. Plenty of names vouch for him, so I don't think he's making anything up or trying to mislead.

As for his stuff on Fields, I don't see it as a smear campaign. His articles are actually on Caleb and Fields is in there as part of the complete story. But... people have taken those snips out of the article in order to generate clicks. Ultimately, he's just repeating what he was told. If someone has the agenda, it's probably the sources.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Your photos are posted in your bio and public info. Ncgog’s photo was taken from a Facebook page. You CHOSE to have your face out there. Do you not see the difference?

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Your photos are posted in your bio and public info. Ncgog’s photo was taken from a Facebook page. You CHOSE to have your face out there. Do you not see the difference?
Except that I’ve seen photos from my LinkedIn and FB on here. Again, I don’t really care about that stuff.

And from what I understand, Facebook is public.

It’s really weird to have mods who don’t know how the internet works.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Except that I’ve seen photos from my LinkedIn and FB on here. Again, I don’t really care about that stuff.

And from what I understand, Facebook is public.

It’s really weird to have mods who don’t know how the internet works.

Your identify is public. (by your own choice)

Ncgog's was not.

See the difference?

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is? His name is Ncgonet? Huh.
Not if you can google his username and find the guy on public profiles. It’s pretty public then isn’t it?

Kind of like how he was able to look up stuff from Clint’s public profile?

Again. You seem confused with how the internet works.