Former Bears Coach Says Fields was "Really hard to Watch"

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Amazing you always find a way to defend the absolute worst posters(MJY,dongbears,n0cod) here and never manage to send them packing for a long trip. Amazing that on so many occasions you've ignored the actual rules while selectively banning those who upset you over rules that dont exist.

You are by far the worst mod this board has ever had. Congrats on the first ounce of power you've held in your entire life. At least it doesn't involve you moving around and burning a calorie or two.

Twat

Thanks!

@Urblock I beat you!

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Amazing you always find a way to defend the absolute worst posters(MJY,dongbears,n0cod) here and never manage to send them packing for a long trip. Amazing that on so many occasions you've ignored the actual rules while selectively banning those who upset you over rules that dont exist.

You are by far the worst mod this board has ever had. Congrats on the first ounce of power you've held in your entire life. At least it doesn't involve you moving around and burning a calorie or two.

Twat
Oh for heavens hake, @Crystallas is the worst mod.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Notice how the mods “hijacked” the thread. They can’t really say they mod either.
You definitely need to reel in these comments before I cast you out

Moses Moreno

Liked Posts:
I've dug into Dunne and he has a history of being well-sourced and even many direct discussions with the players themselves. Plenty of names vouch for him, so I don't think he's making anything up or trying to mislead.

As for his stuff on Fields, I don't see it as a smear campaign. His articles are actually on Caleb and Fields is in there as part of the complete story. But... people have taken those snips out of the article in order to generate clicks. Ultimately, he's just repeating what he was told. If someone has the agenda, it's probably the sources.
The Fields/Dalton/Foles QB room was poorly managed by the Bears FO and coaching staff - the whole thing was bad. Foles was a macontent already in his second year, Dalton was anointed QB1 and mocked for it, Fields was told he was going to sit and then he was put as QB2 ahead of Foles without any reps with the first team so when Dalton got hurt, he was thrown in there unprepared.

Should have either let them battle it out in training camp or make Foles QB2 ahead of Fields. Shit made no sense - trying to go back in time and talk bad about Justin in the midst of that trash fire of a team is wild.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Fields/Dalton/Foles QB room was poorly managed by the Bears FO and coaching staff - the whole thing was bad. Foles was a macontent already in his second year, Dalton was anointed QB1 and mocked for it, Fields was told he was going to sit and then he was put as QB2 ahead of Foles without any reps with the first team so when Dalton got hurt, he was thrown in there unprepared.

Should have either let them battle it out in training camp or make Foles QB2 ahead of Fields. Shit made no sense - trying to go back in time and talk bad about Justin in the midst of that trash fire of a team is wild.
Well, the comments are totally out of context (and I won't be paying to read the actual article to get context), so it's hard to know how much bad talking there really is on Fields and how much blame is passed around the room. I get the impression these are simply a couple of lines in a large article and people are pulling it out to generate conversation. But ultimately, the article isn't even directly about Justin, so I don't know that it's a smear targeted at him... it's an article about Caleb and the Bears and I think it naturally goes into the painful past we've had at the QB position. Dunne is known to be a good writer... who puts out good to read stories. Going to the past is part of framing the story. People have chose to weaponize those pieces though.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fields did have issues taking advice from Jake Fromm at UGA too. @bearsfan1977

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Fields did have issues taking advice from Jake Fromm at UGA too. @bearsfan1977
To be fair to Fields, it is still unbelievable to me how they started Fromm over him. Fields has his faults, but he sure as hell had better promise than Fromm. For all of their success, UGA has made a lot of puzzling evaluations at the QB spot over the last 15 years or so.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
To be fair to Fields, it is still unbelievable to me how they started Fromm over him. Fields has his faults, but he sure as hell had better promise than Fromm. For all of their success, UGA has made a lot of puzzling evaluations at the QB spot over the last 15 years or so.
Remember when Richt was forced to start Joe Cox?

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
You can blame that on Herbstreit urging him to go to Nebraska. @Gustavus Adolphus @cameronkrazie86 any reports on how Raiola is doing in Lincoln?

He was great in the spring game: 16-22 passing for 239 yards and 2 TDs. The interception he had was off a tipped ball that probably should've been caught despite being a little behind the receiver. Regardless, his performance in the spring game alone makes me already put him as the 3rd best passer Nebraska's ever had.

Here's a link to every passing play he was involved in, dunno why youtube doesn't allow the embed to play.