Former Bears Coach Says Fields was "Really hard to Watch"

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
No he wouldn't have been. I don't know why you keep trying to state this as if there's evidence that he was going to turn the corner and become a better QB. Justin Fields was awful is awful and is gone.

I was going to ask what kind of crystal ball you have that has you so convinced you know how something that didn't happen would've happened.

How do I know? I know based on the fact that Justin Fields is that bad. Ryan Poles is not going to continue to stake his career on an obvious failure. He's not going to hope that Justin Fields is going to figure it out when it's obvious he never will.

Then you answered.
You can't tell the difference between your imagination and reality.

It wouldn't have been about building around Fields. It would've been about Poles building for the next QB. You know, like he did for the QB he drafted before the QB has stepped foot on the field.
Risking his career would've been worse on any old QB who happened to be there not on any old QB Pace picked.

Keeping the QB the previous GM picked was the career safe move for that QB's contract. There was no need to push all in on Penix a year before he had to move off Fields.

I think Maye could've been a possibility if we had a high enough pick but if #9 was our highest pick there's no real reason. Poles waited 2 years not doing much for the QB he had because it wasn't his QB. Another year wouldn't have hurt.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I was going to ask what kind of crystal ball you have that has you so convinced you know how something that didn't happen would've happened.

Then you answered.
You can't tell the difference between your imagination and reality.

It wouldn't have been about building around Fields. It would've been about Poles building for the next QB. You know, like he did for the QB he drafted before the QB has stepped foot on the field.
Risking his career would've been worse on any old QB who happened to be there not on any old QB Pace picked.

Keeping the QB the previous GM picked was the career safe move for that QB's contract. There was no need to push all in on Penix a year before he had to move off Fields.

I think Maye could've been a possibility if we had a high enough pick but if #9 was our highest pick there's no real reason. Poles waited 2 years not doing much for the QB he had because it wasn't his QB. Another year wouldn't have hurt.
Yes it would have because the class next year is underwhelming at best.

• Haha
Reactions: Myk

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He went through one of the worst situations? What about Bryce Young's situation? What about CJ Stroud's situation?

There are plenty of QBs that have been drafted into horrible situations and have been better.

Justin Fields was drafted in year one to take this team to the playoffs he was supposed to be good enough to get the team over the hump with Allen Robinson and Darnell Mooney. He was worse than Trubisky and the rest is history.
if you had any clue about football you would have realized that that team was on a massive decline. There is a reason why the team was blown up immediately, rather than salvaged by Poles.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
if you had any clue about football you would have realized that that team was on a massive decline. There is a reason why the team was blown up immediately, rather than salvaged by Poles.
Way to Monday morning quarterback it to protect Fields' feelings.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Way to Monday morning quarterback it to protect Fields' feelings.
This post would mean something if I wasn’t here pounding the table for a tear down before fields was even on this roster. But nice try tits McGee

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This post would mean something if I wasn’t here pounding the table for a tear down before fields was even on this roster. But nice try tits McGee
You don't pound the table for anything. The next time you give anything resembling your opinion will be the first time.

Luke

Liked Posts:
“chicken with his head cut off.”

LMFAO, not really too far off.
My friends and I always thought he was more like Forest Gump - slow thinker, fast runner.
If that would have been Trubs, this board would be calling him stupid.
ahh, the huggers double standards.

Last edited:

greg23

Liked Posts:

My friends and I always thought he was more like Forest Gump - slow thinker, fast runner.
Forrest was better; went to and stayed at a SEC school

RB1 lasted a year as a backup, then headed to an inferior conference in order to play.

Reactions: chi

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Lol you don’t have friends

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Tyler Dunne of Go Long seems like he's on a JF smear campaign to make himself relevant.
From a journalistic standpoint he has no specific sources. Just conjecture.

Dunne quoted two unnamed former coaches of Fields in his article about where the Bears went wrong with Fields and Mitch Trubisky. . One coach compared him to a beheaded bird:
:rolleyes:

90sBullsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Kansas City Royals
  1. Minnesota Timberwolves
  1. Kansas City Chiefs
  1. Minnesota Wild
  1. Northern Iowa Panthers
I'm assuming this will get moved out of this forum, since people have said that he is no longer a Bear and it had already been discussed.

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm assuming this will get moved out of this forum, since people have said that he is no longer a Bear and it had already been discussed.
RULE #1: While it is named after a specific franchise, this forum does serve as a general NFL forum as well. All content about professional football is welcome in this forum, so long as it does not veer the discussion too far away from the direct effects it has on the NFL. In fact, this is the only content that will be allowed. No thread in this forum should be started about anything not directly related to the NFL. There are a wide variety of other forums on this very site that is the proper place for literally anything else. Please use them. Threads can and will be moved/closed/nuked at the discretion of the staff for OT content at any time.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Tyler Dunne of Go Long seems like he's on a JF smear campaign to make himself relevant.
From a journalistic standpoint he has no specific sources. Just conjecture.

Dunne quoted two unnamed former coaches of Fields in his article about where the Bears went wrong with Fields and Mitch Trubisky. . One coach compared him to a beheaded bird:
:rolleyes:

Why would you say he has no sources? Why is this a "smear campaign"?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don’t worry sigs, I’m leaving your article alone. I want to see how far it goes

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You just posted one, I noticed you don’t read them fully kinda like most people with your articles
Well the rule states the the Bears forum is supposed to be used for NFL and Bears teams. Now if a mod can’t stand the way a Steelers kick returner gets talked about on a Chicago board, it can get moved.
But that really isn’t supposed to fall under the job of what mods do. They’re supposed to kind of let adults talk online.
However, lots of threads about Steelers kick returners end up in the trash can for no reason.

There are photos of myself compared to George Costanza that are free game to be posted. And I haven’t complained about that. However, Mods are more worried about protecting Lions’ trolls with public pictures.

Again, mods kind of apply the rules at their discretion.
And some silenced free and fair speech about Fields before he was traded.