Fox wanted Watson. Mahomes was Pace's No 2 QB.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nah, they fucked that draft up. Bears could seriously have Watson, Juju, Jackson, and Kittle. Instead there's Mitch, Shaheen (probably a worse pick than Mitch) Jackson & Cohen.
Look, I’m as big of a Pace hater as anyone but you can’t play this game with every single pick. Mitch and Shaheen are inexcusable fuck ups but can’t just say they should have drafted all the great players. Literally every team can say that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hey everyone. I see everyone is still whining like little girls getting the wrong barbie doll on Christmas morning on CCS...LOL

We got the wrong QB 3 years ago but there's nothing that any of us can do by whining day after day, hour after hour and minute after minute on a message board will do. If you haven't cried it all out yet then you have serious issues. The love of my life (Ryan Pace) isn't going anywhere and will decide on what he's going to do at QB whether that's sticking with Trubisky by himself or bringing in a veteran to compete and push Trubisky or draft another QB in this draft to compete with Trubisky or whatever he decides is what will happen you whiny little babies. He's getting another chance to get it right no matter what so lets just hope he does get it right instead of being little bitches about it every single day on here. He's done too much good to not get another chance at getting it right. If he can't get it right with whatever he does next offseason or the following one, whenever he makes the next big move then i'll jump on the fire Pace bandwagon.....maybe. I'm not 100 on that yet.

Long live Ryan Pace.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
How sad is it that 31 fan bases think John Fox is a decent or better coach while Bears fans think Fox is a buffoon known for his ineptitude?

There's so much dumb on CCS. It's actually ridiculous how much out of reality many on here are when it comes to football. There's some that surprise me with how much dumb comes out of their mouths and some that it's just expected.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Hey everyone. I see everyone is still whining like little girls getting the wrong barbie doll on Christmas morning on CCS...LOL

We got the wrong QB 3 years ago but there's nothing that any of us can do by whining day after day, hour after hour and minute after minute on a message board will do. If you haven't cried it all out yet then you have serious issues. The love of my life (Ryan Pace) isn't going anywhere and will decide on what he's going to do at QB whether that's sticking with Trubisky by himself or bringing in a veteran to compete and push Trubisky or draft another QB in this draft to compete with Trubisky or whatever he decides is what will happen you whiny little babies. He's getting another chance to get it right no matter what so lets just hope he does get it right instead of being little bitches about it every single day on here. He's done too much good to not get another chance at getting it right. If he can't get it right with whatever he does next offseason or the following one, whenever he makes the next big move then i'll jump on the fire Pace bandwagon.....maybe. I'm not 100 on that yet.

Long live Ryan Pace.
I see you’ve gone so deep into dumb fuck territory that now you’re turning it into some kind of man crush gimmick

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think its hilarious when the writer of said article used terms like infatuated. Man crush. I guess Pace should have taken his meeting to not come off as so gay for mitch.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
We have been searching for a decent QB my entire life.

Now we need Pace, who has blown 2 QB evaluations, to all of a sudden find one? Good luck to us.
There’s a few obvious options that he has that wouldn’t take any skill at evaluating QBs to know it would be a pretty significant upgrade. Cam Newton, Nick Foles / Minshew, Bridgewater, maybe Phillip Rivers, maybe Brady, and probably a few others I can’t think of off the top of my head. Doesn’t take much skill to know those guys are better than Mitch. It takes common sense.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Not sure if posted already but this is depressing to read. For all the shot Fox gets, apparently he knows more about QBs than Pace.

Also Mahomes was Pace's 2nd ranked QB. SMH!
Nowhere in that article did I see it quote Fox as saying such a thing..Its all speculation
I have a hard time believing that Fox was that sharp..Not saying it isnt true, but Fox was a dud

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Fox coached the team at a very bad time. by time they got the pieces in place to not suck balls he was gone. they also posted one of the franchise worst season records under his watch, even though they wound up having to play like a PS guy at QB for the majority of the season if I remember right.

this is what I've been saying all along. Bears could've drafted Joe Montana, Dan Marino, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes and they would've all wound up like Doug Flutie 1987, not Doug Flutie 1997. CCS, the hardcore meatballs, and the casual dickheads would've treated every one of them like Jay Cutler and Mitch Trubisky with the lack of offensive development that's existed with this team since forever.

J.Fox came here in year one of R.Pace tearing the whole thing down and rebuilding it back up but some didn't seem to understand that and were hating Fox for it but it wasn't his fault he had to coach in year one of Pace tearing everything down to start building it back up the next year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
One of my major Ryan Pace fears is that he is going to try and protect himself by extending Floyd and picking up Trubisky's option.

That way he can say that some of his 1st round picks got 2nd contracts.
Why wouldn"t you pick up the option on Mitch?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
J.Fox came here in year one of R.Pace tearing the whole thing down and rebuilding it back up but some didn't seem to understand that and were hating Fox for it but it wasn't his fault he had to coach in year one of Pace tearing everything down to start building it back up the next year.
And what’s the excuse for M. Nagy? Can you remind me what year of the “rebuild” we are currently in with your boyfriend?

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Why is Fox saying this now?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Extending Mitch would be 100 times worse than Drafting him over Watson and Mahomes.

Trubisky was projected high and he took a shot with his guy. He was wrong, but so were most of the draft experts. Shit happens.

Extending Mitch though means 2 things: you can't admit your mistake because of your ego, and two, you are in denial and or delusional.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
How much of the cap goes towards the offense and how much goes towards the defense?

just looked up some stuff. 5 of 6 highest paid players on team are on the defense. All the big money is being spent on the defense. Why do I think this is probably the norm for Chicago? Anybody think that might have something to do with the lack of offense this franchise has traditionally had?

whoops. Was looking at 2020.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So they can walk away from Mitch with no debt after 2020. Why would you guarantee a 5th year at 20+ mil for a dud?
My mistake. I was thinking the last year of his contract as opposed to letting him go after 2019. Some wanted to cut him after this year and he only costs us 4.4m next year.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does that surprise you? Watson was the safe choice, Fox wasn’t gonna go out on a limb. It’s not that he was so smart, just more careful. Pace just thought he could be the smartest guy in the joint if he hit with Trubs. Oops.
And to the idea that Mahomes would’ve been a HOFer here, the Trib has an article about the draft with some great inside info from Pats coaches. Sounded like A LOT of work went into making him the QB he is today. I’ve never seen that from anyone in the Bears org. My guess is they would’ve thrown him out in game 4 or 5 and told him to go get em. He might’ve actually been Cutler 2.0.

Yeah sometimes safe is the right choice particularly when you QBs been shit for decades.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Look, I’m as big of a Pace hater as anyone but you can’t play this game with every single pick. Mitch and Shaheen are inexcusable fuck ups but can’t just say they should have drafted all the great players. Literally every team can say that.

Agree to some extent. JuJu over Shaheen was a no brainer given we ran with Kendal Wright that year as best WR and we had just signed Simms. Simms obviously sucked but point is WR was a major fucking need that we just passed over.

If we hadnt traded picks for Trubs then we know RB who could catch was a need given Cohen and Kamara would have been there in 3rd.

I think those 2 players in particular are what we missed because Pace traded up one spot and chose the luxury pick Shaheen over the massive need at WR.

Kittle I would agree is a stretch as so many TEs between he and Shaheen.

Last edited:

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
So if Pace didn’t trade up and the Browns traded up for Trubisky we would’ve ended up with a future HOFer at QB? Shit.

And an extra 3+ picks. If anything Pace has shown he can hit NFL quality starters in the latter rounds.

The next day after the draft sports talk media coast to coast bashed the move and pick.

I think one site gave the Bears a F draft grade. Turns out he was right...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why is Fox saying this now?

Again Fox not saying anything. Tribune did a retrospective on drafting Trubs and tried to reach out to Fox but he refused. So they went to other sources and dug up the history of what was reported back then such as Fox loving Watson at his pro day and wrote the story.