fred just called in for the post game show.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
It's because Hinrich is the try-hard white guy that people like. And in the NBA, when a white guy (specifically a white american player) does well, he's overhyped. That's the truth. Again, look at Jason Williams from 10 years ago.

And this doesn't mean you're racist if you like Kirk Hinrich. Those that say that are twisting my words. Never said anyone was racist. I said race plays a factor in things. And it does.

Ben Gordon gets ripped to shreds for being the best player on the team. But Kirk Hinrich can suck for two years and make 10 million and get praised. How does that work? Someone needs to explain to me why that is?

Last season Sean Devaney from the Sporting News had some capsule about teams heading into the post season and he wrote what he thought of the Bulls "playing better since Salmons/Miller trade" etc.. The he wrote that Kirk Hinrich was the "glue that holds the team together." Really? that's what I mean by overhype.

If Kirk Hinrich was black he would be just another player. But he's the try hard white guy so he gets pumped up a little more.

This is something I have been saying for years now. And I actually like Hinrich as a player. He plays tough, he gives his all on both ends of the floor, & has now started to display some of the leadership skills management has been prattling about for seasons now. But I also recognize the faults in his game, namely shooting, which he's never been that good at, & his defense on smaller, quicker guards.

And Yes, race is a big part of why Hinrich is popular. You're talking about a white, midwestern farm boy from Iowa playing for the Bulls, the biggest, most popular team in the Midwest. Is it any surprise that the media in this town would heap mounds of unwarranted praise and adulation onto this guy? If you look at the season he was a rookie, the team was utter trash, and he was the only guy playing his heart out all season. He played with a viral infection for almost 2months for cryin' out loud. Chicagoans love hard work, toughness, & defense with their sports teams. That's what Hinrich provided that rookie season. And after that, the media & the front office built this guy up to be a conerstone of the franchise, the next Jerry Sloan. So far he hasn't even sniffed Sloan's jock but you certainly wouldn't know it with the way he is covered in this town.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
maq25060 wrote:
Kush77 wrote:
Again, ask yourself this question. What would the level of criticism be if Ben Gordon came out and averaged 9.9ppg? He got ripped to shreds when he led the team in scoring. I can't imagine what would be said about him now.
that's not really fair at all...the role Gordon had on this team over the years compared specifically to the role Hinrich had last season are 2 COMPLETELY different roles...you can't compare stats so simply and then say imagine what would have happened if that was Gordon only averaging such and such. roles on the team MUST be taken into account.

Sure you can compare it. One guys makes twice as much as the other guy, but for some reason the bar is set much lower for Hinrich even though he makes more money? that makes zero sense.

Ben Gordon led this team in scoring, was the big shot maker on the team, and the best shooter they have. But he was constantly ripped and told by media-types and fans that he should accept a Vinnie Johnson role. But he's a much better plater than Vinny Johnson. He was also told to accept, or expect less money. Why? Why should he accept less, or even close to the money Hinrich makes. He's more valuable that Hinrich.

But Hinrich gets his extension, has a career year, then sucks for the next two years. And is off to a poor start now even though the evil Ben Gordon isn't there to hold him back. But there's no criticism of Hinrich at all. None.

It's because Hinrich is the try-hard white guy that people like. And in the NBA, when a white guy (specifically a white american player) does well, he's overhyped. That's the truth. Again, look at Jason Williams from 10 years ago.

And this doesn't mean you're racist if you like Kirk Hinrich. Those that say that are twisting my words. Never said anyone was racist. I said race plays a factor in things. And it does.

Ben Gordon gets ripped to shreds for being the best player on the team. But Kirk Hinrich can suck for two years and make 10 million and get praised. How does that work? Someone needs to explain to me why that is?

Last season Sean Devaney from the Sporting News had some capsule about teams heading into the post season and he wrote what he thought of the Bulls "playing better since Salmons/Miller trade" etc.. The he wrote that Kirk Hinrich was the "glue that holds the team together." Really? that's what I mean by overhype.

If Kirk Hinrich was black he would be just another player. But he's the try hard white guy so he gets pumped up a little more.
well, for one, i disagree that the roles on the team last year were similar for gordon and hinrich

also, the fact that it is still gordon vs hinrich for some people is what makes zero sense to me. going over your post i really disagreed with just about 100 percent of it...we'll just agree to disagree

Kush77

Liked Posts:
maq25060 wrote:
Kush77 wrote:
maq25060 wrote:
Kush77 wrote:
Again, ask yourself this question. What would the level of criticism be if Ben Gordon came out and averaged 9.9ppg? He got ripped to shreds when he led the team in scoring. I can't imagine what would be said about him now.
that's not really fair at all...the role Gordon had on this team over the years compared specifically to the role Hinrich had last season are 2 COMPLETELY different roles...you can't compare stats so simply and then say imagine what would have happened if that was Gordon only averaging such and such. roles on the team MUST be taken into account.

Sure you can compare it. One guys makes twice as much as the other guy, but for some reason the bar is set much lower for Hinrich even though he makes more money? that makes zero sense.

Ben Gordon led this team in scoring, was the big shot maker on the team, and the best shooter they have. But he was constantly ripped and told by media-types and fans that he should accept a Vinnie Johnson role. But he's a much better plater than Vinny Johnson. He was also told to accept, or expect less money. Why? Why should he accept less, or even close to the money Hinrich makes. He's more valuable that Hinrich.

But Hinrich gets his extension, has a career year, then sucks for the next two years. And is off to a poor start now even though the evil Ben Gordon isn't there to hold him back. But there's no criticism of Hinrich at all. None.

well, for one, i disagree that the roles on the team last year were similar for gordon and hinrich

also, the fact that it is still gordon vs hinrich for some people is what makes zero sense to me. going over your post i really disagreed with just about 100 percent of it...we'll just agree to disagree

That's fine, we'll disagree.

So you expect more from the player that makes 6 million and less from the player that makes 10 million? Based on what Gordon and Hinrich made last year.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
nope, never implied that i did either. but last year i did expect gordon to lead us with his scoring and for Hinrich to lead us (as much as he could from the bench ) with his defense