fred just called in for the post game show.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
Again, ask yourself this question. What would the level of criticism be if Ben Gordon came out and averaged 9.9ppg? He got ripped to shreds when he led the team in scoring. I can't imagine what would be said about him now.
that's not really fair at all...the role Gordon had on this team over the years compared specifically to the role Hinrich had last season are 2 COMPLETELY different roles...you can't compare stats so simply and then say imagine what would have happened if that was Gordon only averaging such and such. roles on the team MUST be taken into account.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
#2. Honesly Kirk fans, how can you possibly defend his performance so far this year?
for the record Fred, this is the sentence that compelled me to imply that you thought all "Hinrich fans" are giving Kirk a free pass...

when you made this post, who was the one that was "defending" his performance for this year? and i mean really defending it, not just media outlets not mentioning him, but actually saying "I really like what Kirk is bringing to this team offensively right now"

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
well that's his point. is that when they're discussing whose to blame, hinrich often doesn't mentioned. It's kinda troubling when you realize that he hasn't really performed better than salmons.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
hinrich's role was to score as well. hinrich wasnt just a defender...

maq25060

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
well that's his point. is that when they're discussing whose to blame, hinrich often doesn't mentioned. It's kinda troubling when you realize that he hasn't really performed better than salmons.
if you're talking about fred, i understand that his main point is that Hinrich isn't brought up enough which i partially agree with...it's the side remarks that really turn me off...i went over them

also, i'd say Hinrich is playing better than Salmons right now just with the ole' eye test. It's tough comparing suckage, b/c that's what they've both done so far this season, but I'd venture to say Hinrich has been more consistently sucky (3/10) while Salmons has been all over the place with his suckage. Also, when I look at stats, it says Hinrich is shooting a better percentage than Salmons. And this is just talking about the shooting aspect of their games. I also believe Hinrich has been better with his decision making and his defense.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
hinrich's role was to score as well. hinrich wasnt just a defender...
hinrich's role was not to score the way gordon did...maybe for gordon's first 4 years here they were asked to score big numbers for this team, but not last year. not even close.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
so he was paid 9 million to play back up pg? In the last years draft, part of th reason i was hoping for rose, was i was sick of seeing hinrich take the ball down the floor and take a crappy shot.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i guess what i'm saying is that, hinrich played pretty well for one year, and her earned his contract that one year. after that there's been a steady decline. I WOULD LOVE NOTHING MORE THAN TO SEE HINRICH RETURN TO FORM! NOTHING MORE! it hasn't happened. i'm ready to see him go.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
so he was paid 9 million to play back up pg? In the last years draft, part of th reason i was hoping for rose, was i was sick of seeing hinrich take the ball down the floor and take a crappy shot.
i dont think i should have to answer that question to be quite honest. for 1, i didnt pay hinrich. for 2, we all know for a fact that Hinrich wasn't given that money as a backup player...im not even sure what this has to do with anything at all. i understand it's about hinrich, but what does it have to do about
A) Him not getting enough blame in the media?
b) How bad he's been this season?

EDIT: I believe i understand why you said this. it was in response to me saying Hinrich wasnt asked to score like Gordon...in which case, I'm still not sure what it has to do with the last season as Hinrich wasn't given that contract last season or this summer. The reason why I I'm referencing last season is b/c that is when Hinrich only scored 9.9 PPG for this team.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
i guess what i'm saying is that, hinrich played pretty well for one year, and her earned his contract that one year. after that there's been a steady decline. I WOULD LOVE NOTHING MORE THAN TO SEE HINRICH RETURN TO FORM! NOTHING MORE! it hasn't happened. i'm ready to see him go.
hinrich played FANTASTICALLY that one year. i'd say he's played "pretty well" in the rest of the years not counting 07-08

another funny thing to note is, after Hinrich signed the deal, he went out and had his best season. so according to the Bulls, Hinrich had already eanred that contract.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
name one team that would have hinrich as a starter on the contract he's on, except the lakers.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
name one team that would have hinrich as a starter on the contract he's on, except the lakers.
again, why should i have to do this? quote me as to where i said hinrich was worth his contract, and then i'll create a list for you

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
name one team besides new york and the lakers that would want hinrich to start over their existing starters?

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
Kirk Hinrich is just bad, bad bad bad bad.

I wanted him to be good. I thought he could win 6th man, but this is it. Kirk Hinrich is who he is. And the 06/07 season was the best we'll ever see from him.

But he'll continue to get a free pass in the media because he's the "Great White Hope."

that's the truth. I've talked about it with Fred off-air because I didn't want to go there on my show, but it's the truth in the case of Hinrich. When Isaiah Thomas said it about Larry Bird he was dead wrong, but it's true in the case of Hinrich.

Someone needs to explain to me how Ben Gordon can lead the team in scoring for 4 straight years, hit all the big shots and be the best offensive weapon, but he gets ripped at every turn. But Hinrich can make twice as much ans suck twice as bad. But it's okay. Why?

It's a race thing, clear as day. The great white hope.

Not that's there's anything wrong with it. I told Fred that the 12-year old white kid in Naperville (that's the town I used, did't pick on the North Shore lol) shooting hoops in his driveway looks up to Hinrich. He gives him the feeling that "if Hinrich can make it, so can I." And there's nothing wrong with that. I also use Yao Ming as an example, I'm sure billions of Chinese kids look up to him. Nothing wrong with it, we just need to tell it like it is.

As yourself this question. What would the level of criticism be if Ben Gordon had put up numbers like Hinrich???

Listen to yourselves people. Liking someone because of their skin color is racist and it is not ok. People from the north shore shouldn't like Kirk Hinrich because he is white, they should like him because he is a good player. What is wrong with their parents that they think being white and making it in the NBA is now attainable because Kirk made it, please just an example of horrible parenting. I am white and my favorite players growing up were Michel, Magic, DR. J and I hated Larry Bird cause he was boring and never dunked or did anything flashy.

And Yao Ming is not the same thing, he represents one of the first players from a 3rd world nation to make it, not the same as a white guy from america at all.

Yes it might be exciting to see a white guy do well at the guard spot all those white guys someone mentioned were from 30 years ago, lol bad examples. However your favorite player shouldn't be someone because he is white. Actually if I met a Bulls fan that said his favorite player was Kirk Hinrich I would automatically assume he is a racist because he is not even close to the best player on the team, not exciting to watch, he doesn't even show emotion. There is just no reason I can possibly think as to why Kirk would be anyone's favorite guy, and this year even likable at all.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
name one team besides new york and the lakers that would want hinrich to start over their existing starters?
again, why? what does it have to do with ANYTHING? the only place me making a list would lead to is no where

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
well surely if hinrich is such a good player, he ought to be capable of being a starter? if you're sayinh hinrich is a fine role player, i agree with you. he's great at 3-5 million a year.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
well surely if hinrich is such a good player, he ought to be capable of being a starter? if you're sayinh hinrich is a fine role player, i agree with you. he's great at 3-5 million a year.
yes, he's more than capable of being a starter...what that fact has to do with this thread i'll never understand...

also being a starter does mean that you're no longer a role player...there's only enough room for a Big 3 on today's NBA roster. the issue is the fact that there are more than 3 starters in the starting line up.

also, please stop with asking me to defend Hinrich. it's very annoying and i honestly find it disrespectful. this is the exact major issue I have with Fred. why should i have to defend the 9.5 million that Hinrich is making? did i pay him that money? why should i have to defend someone who I am far from satisfied with currently? and why should i have to defend him against something that has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on this Chicago Bulls team? what does Kirk starting on 15-20 other teams have to do with my Bulls? not dick...

but in terms of Hinrich's contract, the fact that you say he's "great" at 3-5 million shows you that he's worth more than that. a player shooting under 40 percent is only "great" if he's grossly underpaid.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hendu0520 wrote:
Actually if I met a Bulls fan that said his favorite player was Kirk Hinrich I would automatically assume he is a racist because he is not even close to the best player on the team, not exciting to watch, he doesn't even show emotion. There is just no reason I can possibly think as to why Kirk would be anyone's favorite guy, and this year even likable at all.

My favourite Bulls player right now is Kirk Hinrich (close before Derrick Rose) and I can tell you that I´m definitely not a racist. I hate Larry Bird, too and don´t like Dirk Nowitzki very much despite he is our German Wunderkind. I simply love guards because I play this position by myself. So for me it has to do a lot with personal comparison. I hope this is a point you understand and accept.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Hendu0520 wrote:
Actually if I met a Bulls fan that said his favorite player was Kirk Hinrich I would automatically assume he is a racist because he is not even close to the best player on the team, not exciting to watch, he doesn't even show emotion.

OK, I must hate the USA because my favourite player is Noah and he's French, a country which as we all know hates freedom.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
maq25060 wrote:
Kush77 wrote:
Again, ask yourself this question. What would the level of criticism be if Ben Gordon came out and averaged 9.9ppg? He got ripped to shreds when he led the team in scoring. I can't imagine what would be said about him now.
that's not really fair at all...the role Gordon had on this team over the years compared specifically to the role Hinrich had last season are 2 COMPLETELY different roles...you can't compare stats so simply and then say imagine what would have happened if that was Gordon only averaging such and such. roles on the team MUST be taken into account.

Sure you can compare it. One guys makes twice as much as the other guy, but for some reason the bar is set much lower for Hinrich even though he makes more money? that makes zero sense.

Ben Gordon led this team in scoring, was the big shot maker on the team, and the best shooter they have. But he was constantly ripped and told by media-types and fans that he should accept a Vinnie Johnson role. But he's a much better plater than Vinny Johnson. He was also told to accept, or expect less money. Why? Why should he accept less, or even close to the money Hinrich makes. He's more valuable that Hinrich.

But Hinrich gets his extension, has a career year, then sucks for the next two years. And is off to a poor start now even though the evil Ben Gordon isn't there to hold him back. But there's no criticism of Hinrich at all. None.

It's because Hinrich is the try-hard white guy that people like. And in the NBA, when a white guy (specifically a white american player) does well, he's overhyped. That's the truth. Again, look at Jason Williams from 10 years ago.

And this doesn't mean you're racist if you like Kirk Hinrich. Those that say that are twisting my words. Never said anyone was racist. I said race plays a factor in things. And it does.

Ben Gordon gets ripped to shreds for being the best player on the team. But Kirk Hinrich can suck for two years and make 10 million and get praised. How does that work? Someone needs to explain to me why that is?

Last season Sean Devaney from the Sporting News had some capsule about teams heading into the post season and he wrote what he thought of the Bulls "playing better since Salmons/Miller trade" etc.. The he wrote that Kirk Hinrich was the "glue that holds the team together." Really? that's what I mean by overhype.

If Kirk Hinrich was black he would be just another player. But he's the try hard white guy so he gets pumped up a little more.