Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
We got no $$ for serious signings unless we restructure. The cap figure is probably at like 4-5m right now at most.

My guess is he's taking oline with the 43 and 50 pick.
yeah i know i hear ya, i been keeping up a bit with F.A and the cap..but still..pace better get busy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ebron was absolutely garbage last season as well. Ppl are acting like he was some amazing TE.

Ebron has been garbage for many seasons. He had one really good year with A.Luck throwing him the ball and with J.Doyle hurt.

msadows

Liked Posts:
he had Jacoby throwing to him..and there wasn't much they could do down in indy..

No doubt he has more upside but I doubt it. He's proven to be garbage his whole career. I would have preferred him however because he's like 8 years younger than Jimmy G.

I don't mind Jimmy Graham, I think he's an alright signing.....for 4-5m. 8m was a massive overpay. At least its basically a one year deal.

IF, and I say a heavy fucking IF, Burton comes back healthy this team will have a ton of formations we've never seen.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
No doubt he has more upside but I doubt it. He's proven to be garbage his whole career. I would have preferred him however because he's like 8 years younger than Jimmy G.

I don't mind Jimmy Graham, I think he's an alright signing.....for 4-5m. 8m was a massive overpay. At least its basically a one year deal.

IF, and I say a heavy fucking IF, Burton comes back healthy this team will have a ton of formations we've never seen.
I still don’t see burton staying. There are lots to cut at te position we have 8

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think a lot of the Jimmy G signing had to do with run blocking as well. He might not be a good one but he's done it.

Eric Ebron might be one of the worst TE's in the league at it. The colts took him off the field a lot last season because they wanted to run the ball. They basically rarely had him out there when running it.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I still don’t see burton staying. There are lots to cut at te position we have 8

We save 1m by cutting him. He still earns like 8m or some shit.

Not worth it, much better to hope he returns healthy and can be productive. 1m doesn't give you shit, if he's healthy enough to even perform as a #3 rotational TE its worth more than 1m.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

age was a huge factor for me too, and ebron wanted to play here i believe, so pace didn't make him a offer, somebody need to ask Ebron about that on twitter.
and I just want a better blocker than JG tho, also, i trust ebron with protecting his homie Mitchy.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Arob's extension should be announced shortly...

So they are actually working on it or is this just speculation by you?

Last I heard(A week ago on Waddle/Silvy) he said they werent even talking.

msadows

Liked Posts:
age was a huge factor for me too, and ebron wanted to play here i believe, so pace didn't make him a offer, somebody need to ask Ebron about that on twitter.
and I just want a better blocker than JG tho, also, i trust ebron with protecting his homie Mitchy.

lol, i don't. Being homie's with a dude doesn't make you know how to block. Just as Charles Leno.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We save 1m by cutting him. He still earns like 8m or some shit.

Not worth it, much better to hope he returns healthy and can be productive. 1m doesn't give you shit, if he's healthy enough to even perform as a #3 rotational TE its worth more than 1m.
It doesn’t have to do with the cap it has to do with the roster spot. They will keep the best four of the 8. Graham and the guy we picked up on waivers I think stick. Who will the other two roster spots go to? I think they are done with burton

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pace wont do it..unless he trades him.

Pace wouldn't do it anyways, ever.

This offense is built to have two pass catchers from the TE position. It's what we have lacked since Day 1. It's what Pace/Nagy thought they were getting with Shaheen/Burton. A potent combination of inline/flex tight end. It's what they are getting with Jimmy/Burton.

My guess is they both line up on the field a ton together this season(Once again, if burton is healthy, which i hope to fuckin god he is).

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think a lot of the Jimmy G signing had to do with run blocking as well. He might not be a good one but he's done it.

Eric Ebron might be one of the worst TE's in the league at it. The colts took him off the field a lot last season because they wanted to run the ball. They basically rarely had him out there when running it.
wait a minute tho, Ebron was a better blocker than JG for pass protections..might have to fire up tha FREE NFL PASS..and watch both Colts and fuckin Packer games.. :unsure::cool:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Another thing to consider is we don’t know who is healthy right now. Can’t do any physicals till who knows when. Even the new contracts have disclaimers for future physicals.

msadows

Liked Posts:
It doesn’t have to do with the cap it has to do with the roster spot. They will keep the best four of the 8. Graham and the guy we picked up on waivers I think stick. Who will the other two roster spots go to? I think they are done with burton

If burton is healthy he most definitely makes the roster. The guy is still our best TE.

They will bring him into camp, and then they'll know. No need to cut him now to save 1m in free agency so we can sign another 40 year old.

The TE room will have 5 tight ends. Depth chart goes:

1) Jimmy G Y/F
2) Trey Burton (F)
3) Demetrius Harris(Y) - gets heavy play time due to run sets. Don't be shocked if he's on the field 35-40% of the time.
4)Horsted
5) J.P Holtz

Holtz will be a fullback/H-back tho on the roster IMO.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
lol, i don't. Being homie's with a dude doesn't make you know how to block. Just as Charles Leno.
giphy.gif

damn,, thats cold..you fucked Leno up with one line.
and it was true last season..Leno was lackin'..

msadows

Liked Posts:
wait a minute tho, Ebron was a better blocker than JG for pass protections..might have to fire up tha FREE NFL PASS..and watch both Colts and fuckin Packer games.. :unsure::cool:

I was only talking about run blocking. Sorry.

All i know is jimmy G rarely if ever pass blocked on passing downs. I think one of his numbers in seattle for a game was he lined up flexed out like 95% of snaps. The sad/shocking part is I think we're going to play him inline a ton because we play all of our TE's inline. I believe last season nearly half the snaps burton played were inline.

No bueno for a guy who barely did it his entire career. Guess you can teach an old dog new tricks if you're ryan pace/matt nagy.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Graham had a better catch % (63.3 v. 59.6) and better average separation (3.9 vs. 3.2) than Ebron last year. The only advanced metric in which Ebron was better was expected yards after catch, which was (.8) vs. Graham (.7).

So yes, I will take the tight end that gets open and catches better.