Free Agency news tracker

Mitchapalooza

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Exactly. Instead of those stupid WR screens to someone 5'8", 175lbs, they can go to 6'2", 228lbs. Patterson's essentially a big RB that you don't have to play in the backfield.

Right because defenses are going to be really surprised when you put Pat on the field and throw a screen.

People talk about Howard being predictable on O but so is this dude.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
More trade news: The #Chiefs are deep in talks with the #49ers on a trade for star pass-rusher Dee Ford, sources say. Things have escalated and this could get done by the end of the night. Ford needs to work out a new contract with SF, which is a big piece of this.

Time for pace to swoop in and piss off the 49ers again

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

Wonder for what. Do they swap firsts? That 2nd pick would be huge to give up

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Right because defenses are going to be really surprised when you put Pat on the field and throw a screen.

Yeah it's unfortunate the Bears are completely obligated to throw a screen with to him with him on the field.

And yeah, I guess everyone knew the Patriots were doing that too since he was held to a career high 11.8 per reception.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

It's all about presnap reading the defense. You only call a screen if it's favorable. There is a lot you can do with Patterson to draw attention to free up other players.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Giants big winners in that trade.

Meh. What i will say is that the Giants have a chance to rebuild and compete in a crappy division

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
The patriots reinvented Patterson last year. He is not a wr he is s weapon. In the last a player like this would be wasted but we finally have a coach that can utilize a player like him. I wouldn't be surprised if he was used primarily as a runningback in our offense. With him and Cohen on the field at the same time you have a lot of speed and playmaking ability to account for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The patriots reinvented Patterson last year. He is not a wr he is s weapon. In the last a player like this would be wasted but we finally have a coach that can utilize a player like him. I wouldn't be surprised if he was used primarily as a runningback in our offense. With him and Cohen on the field at the same time you have a lot of speed and playmaking ability to account for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he's such a weapon, why didn't Bill keep him

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why r people upset with the Patterson signing?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think it is people coming to the realization that we are not going to overpay for Bell. That and we might miss out on a compensatory draft pick in NEXT YEARS draft because of this signing.

This comp pick craze is outta control