Free Agency news tracker

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Not necessarily. Mike Davis will assume the Mizzell / Cunningham role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's not a 3 million dollar role. They played less than 10% of the offensive snaps last year. And that's with Howard playing just 58% of the snaps. Leveon would likely play much more than that.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
It’s either fans salivating over huge splashes in FA or want several comp picks. There can be no in between.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
That's not a 3 million dollar role. They played less than 10% of the offensive snaps last year. And that's with Howard playing just 58% of the snaps. Leveon would likely play much more than that.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

Depth but like I said I think Cohen will become more and more of a WR. Davis could become the player to take the rest of the carries from Bell. There’s a million different ways Nagy’s can do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
This is when the whole "not enough footballs" thing would come into play for me. I think part of the reason to get rid of Howard is to get Cohen more touches. He only played 46% of the snaps. LeVeon is a workhorse that doesn't really come off the field. I think you're either minimizing Cohen if you have Bell out there 80% of the time. Or you don't get your money's worth for Bell if you don't get him 250 carries and 80 catches like he's done in the past.

Nagy would make it work.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
It’s either fans salivating over huge splashes in FA or want several comp picks. There can be no in between.

Honestly, that's how it should work for good teams. If you don't want to re-sign your guys for whatever reason, you either need to upgrade them for more money and give yourself a chance to get over the hump, or be prepared to draft their replacements. If you aren't clearly upgrading them in free agency, then you go for the comp picks. 4th round comps are top 150 players. These are guys that often become starters. The Bears have 5 of those guys they drafted starting currently on their roster.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Not sure who this person is but would be crazy if they add Thomas

Adam Silverstein
@asilversteinTV
Sources: Earl Thomas and the #Browns in discussion on a 3 year deal that will bring him to Cleveland to join newly acquired star Odell Beckham Jr.
8:09 PM - 12 Mar 2019

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well, they are paying $13mil for Buster, Davis, and Patterson. Could have just signed Bell, kept Howard, played mcmanis at nickel and probably still get comp picks. But what do I know!

Dorsey isn't fucking around

It'll be nice to see the browns actually win

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Correct make big splashes or take the comp picks.

Didn’t the Bears start the new league with under 35 players under contract? And you expected them not to sign several free agents? Or just sign one or two and have no money left over to fill the roster? This shouldn’t be hard to understand.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Whose the remaining Safeties? Bears going to go after one or just draft one?

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thank God the Browns aren't in our division, 70% of CCS would be committing suicide right now!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Not sure who this person is but would be crazy if they add Thomas

Adam Silverstein
@asilversteinTV
Sources: Earl Thomas and the #Browns in discussion on a 3 year deal that will bring him to Cleveland to join newly acquired star Odell Beckham Jr.
8:09 PM - 12 Mar 2019

It sounds great on paper, but I don’t like this love for them. I don’t see Thomas staying very healthy from here on out.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Honestly, that's how it should work for good teams. If you don't want to re-sign your guys for whatever reason, you either need to upgrade them for more money and give yourself a chance to get over the hump, or be prepared to draft their replacements. If you aren't clearly upgrading them in free agency, then you go for the comp picks. 4th round comps are top 150 players. These are guys that often become starters. The Bears have 5 of those guys they drafted starting currently on their roster.

the bottom of the 4th often become starters?! You sound like the trade down clowns trying to get all 4th round picks