Free Agency news tracker

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Really? I'm expecting us to get a nice 3rd OLB. Hope i'm right and you're wrong on this cause we need all the pass rush we can get with two new starters at NB and S.

Puhlllleeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzeee you also want them to cut Trevathan so then the bears will need an inside LB unless u are just going to field 3 OLBs then u need a 4th OLB. Smh

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Man what a great start for the C.Bears. My guy R.Pace added C.Patterson who I’m all for and think is a good value. To think that in day 2 of tampering R.Pace has added M.Davis, B.Skrine AND C.Patterson? I can’t wait for what tomorrow brings. Whatever it brings I trust R.Pace and his vision.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Who? With what money? Other than Houston are there any good ones even left?

I mean there's some young intriguing guys out there like S.Ray and S.Barrett from Denver, B.Irvin, M.Golden, we could bring A.Lynch back and Clay Mathews and C.Barwin still out there as well as some other vets. I wonder what E.Ansah will get on the market with his injury history? We still have somewhere around $20 mil left after moving that K.Mack money around right?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man what a great start for the C.Bears. My guy R.Pace added C.Patterson who I’m all for and think is a good value. To think that in day 2 of tampering R.Pace has added M.Davis, B.Skrine AND C.Patterson? I can’t wait for what tomorrow brings. Whatever it brings I trust R.Pace and his vision.

I like Patterson, I feel he is a need that fits. Davis I don't fully get, but have an open mind, Skrine has a reputation here in NJ as a penalty machine. I want Callahan.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I mean there's some young intriguing guys out there like S.Ray and S.Barrett from Denver, B.Irvin, M.Golden, we could bring A.Lynch back and Clay Mathews and C.Barwin still out there as well as some other vets. I wonder what E.Ansah will get on the market with his injury history? We still have somewhere around $20 mil left after moving that K.Mack money around right?

Every one of those guys you listed is a dumpster dive. And I don't mean that in a derogatory tone like some. I mean we're in the "bargain bin" of free agency. Sometimes you find good stuff there. Sometimes you don't.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Every one of those guys you listed is a dumpster dive. And I don't mean that in a derogatory tone like some. I mean we're in the "bargain bin" of free agency. Sometimes you find good stuff there. Sometimes you don't.

I get what you're saying. I guess when i see dumpster dive i automatically think you're saying none of them are worth a damn and can't get us 6-7 sacks as a 3rd OLB but i actually think a few of them (with good health) could really help and get us 6-7 sacks which for a 3rd OLB i'll take it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I like Patterson, I feel he is a need that fits. Davis I don't fully get, but have an open mind, Skrine has a reputation here in NJ as a penalty machine. I want Callahan.

I'm pretty MEH on the C.Patterson signing. I get what he brings on the returner part but you don't get many kickoffs that get taken to the house ever since the new rules and he doesn't bring what Bellamy brought on the other end of special teams with his coverage. This will all be about how he's used by Nagy on offense for me whether i end up liking it or not but for now.....MEH.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah it's unfortunate the Bears are completely obligated to throw a screen with to him with him on the field.

And yeah, I guess everyone knew the Patriots were doing that too since he was held to a career high 11.8 per reception.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

Think you are confused. Not an issue of Bears being obligated to throw to him and more an issue of his route tree being very limited just like Howard's route tree is limited.

Guess you missed where he gets less than 2 targets a game. The reason why he doesnt get more is he is severely limited as a player.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty MEH on the C.Patterson signing. I get what he brings on the returner part but you don't get many kickoffs that get taken to the house ever since the new rules and he doesn't bring what Bellamy brought on the other end of special teams with his coverage. This will all be about how he's used by Nagy on offense for me whether i end up liking it or not but for now.....MEH.

Oh definitely he is not some stud that makes a monster difference. Just a very athletic guy that just might break a couple of plays on ST or offense and is somewhat versatile for depth. And not a big price.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's all about presnap reading the defense. You only call a screen if it's favorable. There is a lot you can do with Patterson to draw attention to free up other players.

Lol, if there was a lot you could do then he most likely would have received more play time in NE. The dude is nothing special on O. Let's not gas him up as some difference maker or someone the other team worries about.

You see him on the field and your DB pretty much moves up to take away the screen hence his low target number. Once or twice a game your D might get caught sleeping and you get a first down out of it but that is about it.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
https://www.chicagobears.com/news/bears-sign-kahlil-bell-8273164

Bears sign Bell
mayer_headshot
Larry Mayer
BEARS SENIOR WRITER

The Bears on Saturday re-signed running back Bell to a one-year contract and waived undrafted rookie safety Jeremy Jones.

Bell appeared in 20 games with three starts the past three seasons with the Bears, rushing for 557 yards on 119 carries and catching 20 passes for 137 yards and one touchdown.

Bell, who was waived by the Bears Aug. 23, returns two days after starting running back Matt Forte exited Thursday night's loss to the Packers early in the second half with an ankle injury.

After injuries sidelined Forte and backup Marion Barber last season, Bell rushed for 240 yards in the Bears' final three games, including a career-high 121 yards in a Week 16 loss in Green Bay.

Mitchapalooza

(M)agnet (D)oor

MD = Maryland

Magnet Door rhymes with Baltimore.

:thinking:

(Bell's brother btw)

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

(M)agnet (D)oor

MD = Maryland

Magnet Door rhymes with Baltimore.

:thinking:

(Bell's brother btw)

Novoitus and GatorLandMike wouldn’t lie to us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Oh definitely he is not some stud that makes a monster difference. Just a very athletic guy that just might break a couple of plays on ST or offense and is somewhat versatile for depth. And not a big price.

Yeah we definitely needed a legit kick returner so i get that part of it and we still have S.McManis for coverage on ST but i'm more curious how Nagy will use him on offense. Don't hate it but $5 mil when we're so damn cap strapped seems like a lot for a ST guy but we will see. $5 mil is not a big price when you have money to spend but i feel it is a little bit as of how we are now.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A woman beater, coke head and drunk walk into a bar in Cleveland . . . And the bartender asks Hunt, OBJ and Baker what they want to drink.

The End!