Free Agency news tracker

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're the same guy that's been moaning since the Bears "overpaid" for Robinson in last year's free agency. But continue justifying paying 15 mil for a runningback who hasn't played in over a year.

Lol not sure why you comparing a guy with multiple seasons over 1800 yards from scrimmage with a guy who had one good year.

Further, I supported Robinson being signed. He simply hasn't delivered as expected. Shit happens in FA. The two have nothing to do with each other as Bell is a far superior talent.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we only had to worry about this year that would be a different story. Obviously the Bears have to consider future years so pining over Bell as if it would be an equal trade for this years free agents is not realistic and a moot argument.

Yeah but Bell is a transcendent impact superstar difference maker and those 3 guys can be easily replaced.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If we only had to worry about this year that would be a different story. Obviously the Bears have to consider future years so pining over Bell as if it would be an equal trade for this years free agents is not realistic and a moot argument.

We have a rookie QB with 3 more years of being cheap. More than enough to eat up the guaranteed money on a Bell team. Now is the best time to spend on a pricey RB. That is what the Rams understood and why they signed Gurley.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Albert Breer -"Never thought I'd be staying up until midnight awaiting the release of a football player who hasn't played football in a year's mixtape. But here we are."

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Those 3 guys are 15 mil guaranteed for 2 years. Bell would be 3 years of guaranteed money im guessing. 15 mil x 3. In anycase.. I also wonder how many more games would Steelers have won last year with Bell vs Connor? Hardly any IMO. 15 mil doesnt seem worth it unless you suck at RB. And Cohen has specialness. I like Mike Davis. We may draft a guy and Coleman is plenty good and maybe 8 million. Im not saying getting Bell might not work out.. but I also think it's close. Not getting him is not a major deal I dont think for the Bears. If we want to stay good for a few years... we easily may be better off not tying up 45+ mil in Bell.

They are 15 million guaranteed when draft picks and UDFAs can give you the same production for like 2 million guaranteed.

And again now is the time to spend on a top RB since your QB is cheap. 45 million guaranteed over the final 3 years of Trubs rookie deal is not a deal breaker.

The NFL doesnt stay the same. Teams are improving and we spent 15 million to basically be no better offer than we started FA with. We had the cap to do more.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
We have a rookie QB with 3 more years of being cheap. More than enough to eat up the guaranteed money on a Bell team. Now is the best time to spend on a pricey RB. That is what the Rams understood and why they signed Gurley.

I haven’t done the cap research for future years and we don’t know what it will take to sign Bell even if the Bears want him.

But to say they could easily get Bell instead of these guys isn’t necessarily a truth we can say for sure.

As of right now spotrac says the Bears have 9m in cap space next year. The lowest in the league.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So who got bell's mixtape?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I haven’t done the cap research for future years and we don’t know what it will take to sign Bell even if the Bears want him.

But to say they could easily get Bell instead of these guys isn’t necessarily a truth we can say for sure.

As of right now spotrac says the Bears have 9m in cap space next year. The lowest in the league.

That number doesn’t sound like it includes Mack help which puts us at 20, maybe 15 after late Patterson addition.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
There will be players released next year like Prince and Kyle.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
As great as Bell is.. the eye test told me not having him didnt impact the Steelers that much - using Connor. I wont be crushed like the difference of not getting Mack.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I can't believe Bell has people listening to his mixtape the minute it drops, just to figure out where he's going. That's a smart man. lol

Unfortunately people will consider Vanilla Ice to have better mike skills after listening to his garbage

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Twitter comments are great on the mix tape.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Twitter right now

Trends for you · Change Change trend settings

Browns
Odell Beckham Jr. is headed to the Browns
Giants
Cleveland
Odell
#TheBachelor
139K Tweets
Landry
Baker
New York
John Dorsey
Dee Ford
49ers expected to trade for Dee Ford and work out a new contract

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Yeah well, I have.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/cap/

We have 24 million in cap space and that includes Skrine. So if we never signed him, it would have been 28 million in cap space. More than enough to fit Bell in this year.

In 2020, we have 9.4 million but that is with ARob counting 15 million and Prince, 10 million and Long 9.4 million. So you can pretty much cover Bell's salary by cutting one of those guys and if you think either of them is worth more than Bell then I think you are dreaming.

This doesn't even get into other moves that can be made like moving around money on some of the bigger contracts. The money is there. Just a question of whether the will is there as well.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Id say Bell is goin to Ravens. followed possibly by Raiders. Def not Bears at this point.