Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Their locker room will be a mess though.

They are pretty freakin stacked. Mayfield throwin to OBJ.. their tight end Njoku.. plus they got Jarvis Landry and draft pick wr Callaway? Nick Chubb AND Hunt in back field with Duke catching the ball as change of pace?

Their D line is stacked with Garret, Oliver Vernon, Sheldon Richardson and Ogunjobi. Now Earl Thomas back there too? Damn. If not for Bears performance last year and getting Mack.. id be quite jealous.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:

(M)agnet (D)oor

MD = Maryland

Magnet Door rhymes with Baltimore.

:thinking:

(Bell's brother btw)
That magnet looks like a C on It's side...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Would any of you prefer Coleman + Mike Davis + Patterson for 15 million vs Just Bell for 15 mil? More depth, gadgets, and improving special teams?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Chicago Doors?

Richb was right about you. Your rude on evetone else post and ignorant. Clearly the door to halas hall

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Would any of you prefer Coleman + Mike Davis + Patterson for 15 million vs Just Bell for 15 mil? More depth, gadgets, and improving special teams?

No.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I just wish Pace would get Bell already so I could go to bed.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Lol, if there was a lot you could do then he most likely would have received more play time in NE. The dude is nothing special on O. Let's not gas him up as some difference maker or someone the other team worries about.

You see him on the field and your DB pretty much moves up to take away the screen hence his low target number. Once or twice a game your D might get caught sleeping and you get a first down out of it but that is about it.

The dude is a 4th WR at best who was signed as an elite level KR who can fill in for depth if needed at WR or running back. To me, that is worth 5 million dollars. I would rather have him than Bellamy or White.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Fine with Patterson, but his importance on kickoff returns has likely been overstated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I feel like Cohen is a somewhat special talent. I mean he's awesome. but how to classify how elite a piece to have league wide.. is hard to say. But he has at least some specialness to him.. so I do think it's a good point.. that if you tie up 15 million on Bell... who is a workhorse.. you are kind of losing value. Because you have Cohen. So to me you are paying MORE than even 15 mil of your cap... because you are underutilizing someone you already have who is worth quite a bit even if Cohen is not counting $$ against your cap. Im not stating this clearly.. but. that does temper how I feel about paying 15 mil for Bell.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Those contracts don’t equate to signing Bell.

Bell would cost a lot more in guaranteed money.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Browns are absolutely killing the offseason.

Meanwhile the Patriots have done nothing but collect more comp picks.

We need to be more like the Browns...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The dude is a 4th WR at best who was signed as an elite level KR who can fill in for depth if needed at WR or running back. To me, that is worth 5 million dollars. I would rather have him than Bellamy or White.

I would rather have Bell and dump Pat, Skrine and Davis.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Those contracts don’t equate to signing Bell.

Bell would cost a lot more in guaranteed money.

Think he was referring to this year's cap space as obviously in future years Bell costs more.

We dont have a 1st round pick for a couple of years so FA was the best way to move the needle forward significantly. Instead we blew cash on organizational filler that we probably should have obtained via our low draft picks so we could use FA money to get an impact player.

It is one thing to not go hard in FA when you have the draft capital to improve the team via the draft. But we basically double down on low cost filler in FA and draft.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Think he was referring to this year's cap space as obviously in future years Bell costs more.

We dont have a 1st round pick for a couple of years so FA was the best way to move the needle forward significantly. Instead we blew cash on organizational filler that we probably should have obtained via are low draft picks so we could use FA money to get an impact player.

You're the same guy that's been moaning since the Bears "overpaid" for Robinson in last year's free agency. But continue justifying paying 15 mil for a runningback who hasn't played in over a year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

So far just housekeeping moves. RB depth to fit system. KR. NB.

Typical Pace economically plugging needs. No splash moves yet but all that cap?

Seems like Whitehair and one splash move still possible.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

We dont have a 1st round pick for a couple of years so FA was the best way to move the needle forward significantly. Instead we blew cash on organizational filler that we probably should have obtained via our low draft picks so we could use FA money to get an impact player.

It is one thing to not go hard in FA when you have the draft capital to improve the team via the draft. But we basically double down on low cost filler in FA and draft.

If we only had to worry about this year that would be a different story. Obviously the Bears have to consider future years so pining over Bell as if it would be an equal trade for this years free agents is not realistic and a moot argument.

NorcalBear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I feel like Cohen is a somewhat special talent. I mean he's awesome. but how to classify how elite a piece to have league wide.. is hard to say. But he has at least some specialness to him.. so I do think it's a good point.. that if you tie up 15 million on Bell... who is a workhorse.. you are kind of losing value. Because you have Cohen. So to me you are paying MORE than even 15 mil of your cap... because you are underutilizing someone you already have who is worth quite a bit even if Cohen is not counting $$ against your cap. Im not stating this clearly.. but. that does temper how I feel about paying 15 mil for Bell.

Those 3 guys are 15 mil guaranteed for 2 years. Bell would be 3 years of guaranteed money im guessing. 15 mil x 3. In anycase.. I also wonder how many more games would Steelers have won last year with Bell vs Connor? Hardly any IMO. 15 mil doesnt seem worth it unless you suck at RB. And Cohen has specialness. I like Mike Davis. We may draft a guy and Coleman is plenty good and maybe 8 million. Im not saying getting Bell might not work out.. but I also think it's close. Not getting him is not a major deal I dont think for the Bears. If we want to stay good for a few years... we easily may be better off not tying up 45+ mil in Bell.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that Bell would improve team more than 15 million in housekeeping