Adrian Phillips

NOT INTERESTED
Clayton Geathers
Glover Quin
Tre Boston
Kenny Vaccaro
George Iloka
Jimmie Ward

Lamarcus Joyner is a terrible safety. Too small, gets beat way too often. He is not an option, no way.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does Weddle have anything left in the tank? I haven't watched him lately so I don't know.

He has been good for the Ravens and has not missed time.

I think that is why the league was surprised, but the Ravens have a ton of young guys to try and re-sign or extend.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Weddle had zero interceptions last year (2018), he had 10 combined in 2016 and 2017

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Either way, with Collins and Weddle joining the free agent pool, Amos is droppping on the list, so he either gets a stupid deal by a team that lose out on Thomas, Collins and Weddle or his suitors have bigger name choices.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Adam Schefter
‏@AdamSchefter
26m26 minutes ago
Teams that have spoken to the Steelers about a potential Antonio Brown trade have been told that a deal is expected to be in place by Friday, per league sources.

Ian Rapoport
‏@RapSheet
44m44 minutes ago
The Antonio Brown sweepstakes are heating up: Sources say the #Steelers have begun telling teams that this is moving quickly and to give their best offers ASAP. This could wrap up soon. 3 new teams have jumped in the last 48 hours. Meanwhile, #Jets, #AZCardinals are out.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Field Yates
@FieldYates
9m9 minutes ago
Source: Lane Johnson restructured his contract by converting $10.045M of his base salary into a signing bonus. He’s now due a base salary of $805K for 2019. This creates close to $6.7M in cap space for the Eagles.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This from Biggs concerning Amos and Callahan:

We don’t know how much the Bears are willing to pay those guys to potentially return. I agree that the Bears cannot sink too much money into the secondary, but the nickel cornerback position is important and I could see Callahan commanding about $5 million per season.

Da Fuk? $5M. Tavon Young got over $8M per on an extension where he was controlled for another yr. Biggs is fucking clueless. He then goes on later to say that if Callahan signs elsewhere they may go after K Jackson or Skrine who made $8.5M and $6.25 M last year respectively.

Can you imagine if Callahan gets $5M with another team and the Bears sign one of these older stopgaps for more $$'s. Maybe Biggs should put down the donut pipe and do his job

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

We don’t know how much the Bears are willing to pay those guys to potentially return. I agree that the Bears cannot sink too much money into the secondary, but the nickel cornerback position is important and I could see Callahan commanding about $5 million per season.

Da Fuk? $5M. Tavon Young got over $8M per on an extension where he was controlled for another yr. Biggs is fucking clueless. He then goes on later to say that if Callahan signs elsewhere they may go after K Jackson or Skrine who made $8.5M and $6.25 M last year respectively.

Can you imagine if Callahan gets $5M with another team and the Bears sign one of these older stopgaps for more $$'s. Maybe Biggs should put down the donut pipe and do his job

Do you think his health issues will hurt his negotiations?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

Callahan's, or Biggs'?

I heard Biggs on the radio the other day, and he was saying similar nonsense. Landon Collins wouldn't help the Bears, and the Bears don't need a safety, anyways. Same thing regarding Justin Houston...Bears don't need him, either.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

I imagine if Pace signed Callahan to a 3yr/$15M deal, he'd end up cutting him after the first season in order to create more cap space anyways. So its a non-story.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Biggs was signed to a multi year deal by Dunkin donuts. Dairy Queen dropped out of the negotiations
Nathan's Hotdogs was also in the running... The back of Biggs neck looks just like a 5 pack

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Eric Weddle would be a good short term signing if Amos leaves.

-Durable
-Doesn’t effect comp picks
-Short commitment

Maybe he can bring T.Suggs with him.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Maybe he can bring T.Suggs with him.

If Weddle doesn't effect comp picks, does that mean we could/would still get a comp pick when Amos signs a deal elsewhere?

Because on the basis of that alone, he should probably be our top Safety target.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He has been good for the Ravens and has not missed time.

I think that is why the league was surprised, but the Ravens have a ton of young guys to try and re-sign or extend.

I saw that they're gonna go after T.Mathieu to replace Weddle.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He's had a lot of those short term injuries other than the broken toe last season, I seems, or at least I hope, the Bears have dealt with the training issues related to their plethora of soft tissue injuries. So, I don't see that as a major factor for Callahan.

The only thing I think will give teams pause with Amos and Callahan is figuring out if they really took that step towards elite status, or they were a product of a hugely superior front 7.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I imagine if Pace signed Callahan to a 3yr/$15M deal, he'd end up cutting him after the first season in order to create more cap space anyways. So its a non-story.
With $14M guaranteed?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Biggs was signed to a multi year deal by Dunkin donuts. Dairy Queen dropped out of the negotiations
I think the promotion wit DD involves a life size cutout at each store that they take a photo of you with with each dozen ordered. The idea is to make people feel skinny when buying more donuts.

Evil genius.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
19m19 minutes ago
Teams have called the #Jaguars to inquire about starting S Tashaun Gipson, sources say, and the belief is he’s available. Due more than $8M and Jax is in a cap crunch, but Gipson has played at a high level and is only 28.