Free Agency news tracker

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weddle is 34 years old and declining.....we'd be a bit desperate signing him...

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's had a lot of those short term injuries other than the broken toe last season, I seems, or at least I hope, the Bears have dealt with the training issues related to their plethora of soft tissue injuries. So, I don't see that as a major factor for Callahan.

The only thing I think will give teams pause with Amos and Callahan is figuring out if they really took that step towards elite status, or they were a product of a hugely superior front 7.

The bolded cannot be overstated. I have no idea if they're elite or a product of the front 7... I'll leave that determination up to Pace and the experts at CCS. What I DO know is we need to keep that front 7 elite. That's why another pass rusher is way higher on my list that most people.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The problem is that we may not need a 4th safety, we may need a 2nd safety is Bush is not ready.

I would assume the Bears know in their minds if Bush is ready or not by now. He's had plenty of playing time to be evaluated.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
"[FONT="]Landon Collins is headed to free agency. He said this about Eddie Jackson before his former 'Bama teammate was even drafted (quote via: [/FONT][/COLOR][URL="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter"]@AdamSchefter[/URL][FONT="])"

[/FONT]
What does that even mean?

The quote is the picture

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"[FONT="]Landon Collins is headed to free agency. He said this about Eddie Jackson before his former 'Bama teammate was even drafted (quote via: [/FONT][/COLOR][URL="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter"]@AdamSchefter[/URL][FONT="])"

[/FONT]
What does that even mean?

You have to click on the tweet, there is a comment with Landon's actual quote about Jackson being a game changer and going for 6 anytime he has his hand on the ball.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
I can see that if coaches are convinced Bush is not a starter but one thing to give up on finding out for a long term solution ie signing a young S like Amos or Collins. Quite another to do so for an aging guy.

Signing the young S costs more $$$ and it deprives us of a comp pick next year (that can presumably be used on a Safety).

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Greg Gabriel
‏@greggabe
26m26 minutes ago
Bears fans.. the Bears will not spend a lot of money on a safety in FA. Have to pay Jackson yet. They will either get Amos back at their price or wait until draft. Sport, but you’re dreaming to think they will go after a big name safety
1:17 PM - 6 Mar 2019

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
30m30 minutes ago
Browns officially have released LB Jamie Collins. Team had been trying to trade him, no takers, so now released.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel
‏@greggabe
26m26 minutes ago
Bears fans.. the Bears will not spend a lot of money on a safety in FA. Have to pay Jackson yet. They will either get Amos back at their price or wait until draft. Sport, but you’re dreaming to think they will go after a big name safety

Most fans totally understand this but it really has nothing to do with Jackson and more to do with limited cap space

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Greg Gabriel
‏@greggabe
26m26 minutes ago
Nice to see Gabriel is still a snarky, mad at the world douche bag. How awful it must be to be him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nice to see Gabriel is still a snarky, mad at the world douche bag. How awful it must be to be him.

I've said it before, I'll say it again.... Greg needs to post here. He'd feel right at home.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Craig Gabriel is so fragile he blocked Vick Ashley on twitter

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
at the end of it all i think the bears get callahan back since his buzz for free agency has been minimal, they roll with bush at SS and make a run at a pass rusher