dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
"[FONT="]Landon Collins is headed to free agency. He said this about Eddie Jackson before his former 'Bama teammate was even drafted (quote via: [/FONT][/COLOR][URL="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter"]@AdamSchefter[/URL][FONT="])"

[/FONT]
What does that even mean?

Well it says that Collins said "He gets his hands on the ball, He's going for six" and you don't know what that means?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Following Following @RapSheet
In advance fo free agency, the #Chargers are working to retain standout LB Denzel Perryman, sources say. He’s a key part of their defense and when healthy, he’s been a force. This would maintain continuity in the front 7 if it gets done.
2:29 PM - 6 Mar 2019

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Not sure what it is but if I had to guess it would be trading for O. Beckham.

Matt Miller
@nfldraftscout
3m3 minutes ago
The rumors coming out of Cleveland this afternoon are wild. And huge.

Something's cooking.
3:33 PM - 6 Mar 2019

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet
17m17 minutes ago
Former #Texans CB Kevin Johnson, who is visiting the #Bills today, is headed to the #Browns for a free agent visit tomorrow, source said. They have a need in the secondary.
3:22 PM - 6 Mar 2019

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Darian Stewart
@darianstewart26
Broncos country thank you all for the love you showed me and my family these past 4 years. But it’s time for me to move on and I’m looking forward to the next chapter. I still got a whole… https://www.instagram.com/p/BurpHZpH5qG/?
3:28 PM - 6 Mar 2019

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I've said it before, I'll say it again.... Greg needs to post here. He'd feel right at home.
You sure he doesn't? Have we ever seen him and msadows at the same time together before? Just sayin'

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LOL, Shefter looks like he would rather be getting a root canal than hanging with these two.

D08ulrJWwAAzEBq.jpg

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nice to see Gabriel is still a snarky, mad at the world douche bag. How awful it must be to be him.

But you being snarky about him in a forum is better?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Signing the young S costs more $$$ and it deprives us of a comp pick next year (that can presumably be used on a Safety).

No it doesn't necessarily deprive you of a pick as it would depend on who you sign. The formula is based on FA signed vs FA lost and the value of the contracts those FAs sign so if you did sign a young guy, it would depend on the value of his contract compared to the guys you lost (e.g. Amos, Callahan, etc.). Of course if you sign Collins then you most likely lose a comp pick but a lot of S out on the market and not all of them are in the big money range.

Also if you sign Amos, then the question would be whether the value you get from him exceeds what his comp pick would have been which depending on his contract is probably in the 4th round or later.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
In no way shape or form would weddle be a good choice as our safety....he is 33 and his production dropped off noticeably...
Agreed. Caution should loom large after Bears signed aging stopgap vet Safety Antrell Rolle... who sat on IR.

As a stop gap and insurance for Bush we could do worse. They are going to need a 4th safety, they could do worse than Weddle. The problem is that we may not need a 4th safety, we may need a 2nd safety is Bush is not ready.
We do need a 4th Safety... but along with All-pro Jackson, Bush played well in his playoff start, and both he and DHC are going into their 4th year with game experience and ST play. Not only do we need to see what we have with Bush/DHC this year, we'll have a 3rd option with a draft Safety (the 4th Safety). So the situation doesn't require signing a starting SS.

However if the Bears really think Bush/DHC/draft is going to be a significant liability at SS, then Weddle would be a competent stopgap. But I think Bears have confidence in Bush.

Re-signing Amos at a Bears' friendly price is wise because we already know Amos does well with this team and is durable. Any other FA would be iffy, or cost more, or not be sure-fire over Bush. As seems to be consensus around here, if we can't re-sign Amos, let's go Bush/DHC/draft and use that money on Callahan, RB and OLB... more significant team impact than Bush at SS.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
LOL, Shefter looks like he would rather be getting a root canal than hanging with these two.

D08ulrJWwAAzEBq.jpg

In this pic, and on TV, every time I see Schefter, he has his phone in his hands.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Not sure what it is but if I had to guess it would be trading for O. Beckham.

Matt Miller
@nfldraftscout
3m3 minutes ago
The rumors coming out of Cleveland this afternoon are wild. And huge.

Something's cooking.
3:33 PM - 6 Mar 2019

Browns trading up to #1 for Kyler Murray confirmed.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
If there has ever been a metric historically proven to be accurate, its the PFF safety coverage grade!

Disagree. Political polling and voting outcomes have a track record FAR superior to PFF safety grades. This is the fucking "Golden Age" of statistics, my friends.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think Weddle played mostly as a FS, but the Baltimore defense is notorious for showing different looks and baiting a QB, something I hope we do also.