Free Agency news tracker

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Waddle and Silvy.

I always viewed that as ESPN bought/absorbed Barstool Sports...it was an immediate disaster...so, in order to give Big Kat something to do, they have him call Waddle & Silvy every now and then. It doesn't make any sense why a provincial program on the East Coast would be calling in to talk about Kris Dunn or Tim Anderson. Its kind of like how the Bears eventually starting using Kevin White to block on running plays. Gotta do something.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Portnoy claims it is a comedy site and said it should not be held to journalism standards...

I've said the same thing about the CCS Bears forum! When will anyone listen?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I always viewed that as ESPN bought/absorbed Barstool Sports...it was an immediate disaster...so, in order to give Big Kat something to do, they have him call Waddle & Silvy every now and then. It doesn't make any sense why a provincial program on the East Coast would be calling in to talk about Kris Dunn or Tim Anderson. Its kind of like how the Bears eventually starting using Kevin White to block on running plays. Gotta do something.

Barstool is kind of like f16harm in MM terms, Rory(I'm serious until I'm wrong, then I'm just trolling). They will post things, act like journalists, then when shit hits the fan or they are wrong is "Well we aren't really journalists!" despite masquerading as such for 99% of the time. There was a big blowup with Barstool and ND where they (IIRC Big Kat) started a story on Twitter that Ian Book was suspended for academic issues then when pointed out it was false and not sourced he basically went the "Hey, I'm not a journalist route"..despite his Twitter credentials being journalistic ones and presenting himself as one. Barstool has always been garbage. It's basically what would happen if Sports Mockery went national.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Barstool is kind of like f16harm in MM terms, Rory(I'm serious until I'm wrong, then I'm just trolling). They will post things, act like journalists, then when shit hits the fan or they are wrong is "Well we aren't really journalists!" despite masquerading as such for 99% of the time. There was a big blowup with Barstool and ND where they (IIRC Big Kat) started a story on Twitter that Ian Book was suspended for academic issues then when pointed out it was false and not sourced he basically went the "Hey, I'm not a journalist route"..despite his Twitter credentials being journalistic ones and presenting himself as one. Barstool has always been garbage. It's basically what would happen if Sports Mockery went national.

Or if Pro Football Talk employed CaptSug.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My Bears offseason predictions:

*Fangio and Broncos scoop up Amos

*Bears re sign Callahan, think the injury history hurts his market.

*Bears trade Howard for a 5th prior to the draft.

*Bears add a TE or WR via trade prior to the draft.

*Draft OL, RB, TE, CB. And tryout a hundred or so kickers.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
So many safeties... Hopefully drive the prices down for our hometown discounts.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I forgot about that guy, to which ever mod banned him :clap:

I always thought he was someone's alt, because he was a new member who already hated everyone with a passion. You would make some innocuous comment about the Bears, and the guy would come in with guns blazing, calling you a "mouth breather" who suffered from mental retardation and lives in a basement and eats crickets and so forth. Somewhat bizarre, even by CCS standards.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I always thought he was someone's alt, because he was a new member who already hated everyone with a passion. You would make some innocuous comment about the Bears, and the guy would come in with guns blazing, calling you a "mouth breather" who suffered from mental retardation and lives in a basement and eats crickets and so forth. Somewhat bizarre, even by CCS standards.

He was the same dude that is Grimson/HeHateMe/Novak/Gustavus Adolphus and a few others setting up a conservative foil so bad it makes "them" look good. (<-- green font required there)

Ask TeddyKGB for the proof. He ranted for a long time how they were all the same and in one thread ended up claiming anyone who replied to him they were a Novak alt. It was pretty funny.

Which brings me up to an interesting point: this offseason seems relatively peaceful compared to the past. huh

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He was the same dude that is Grimson/HeHateMe/Novak/Gustavus Adolphus and a few others setting up a conservative foil so bad it makes "them" look good. (<-- green font required there)

Ask TeddyKGB for the proof. He ranted for a long time how they were all the same and in one thread ended up claiming anyone who replied to him they were a Novak alt. It was pretty funny.

Which brings me up to an interesting point: this offseason seems relatively peaceful compared to the past. huh

Can you please not share my trolling techniques.

TIA!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Well, I was wrong.

I guessed you would reply by requesting me not to use that name lest he appear in this thread like Bloody Mary, Candyman, or Beetlejuice.
We're all Novak.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My Bears offseason predictions:

*Fangio and Broncos scoop up Amos

*Bears re sign Callahan, think the injury history hurts his market.

*Bears trade Howard for a 5th prior to the draft.

*Bears add a TE or WR via trade prior to the draft.

*Draft OL, RB, TE, CB. And tryout a hundred or so kickers.

I can see the Bears trying to land Demetrius Harris from KC...knows system and will get to play. He looks promising

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats

I dunno, I think it's more that we have a lot more positive stuff to agree on and talk about. We had a great season that was so much fun to watch, and we have a GM with the balls to take calculated risks that so far pay off at a pretty good rate. The difference in the atmosphere is a lasting side affect of that optimism combination, I think.

I mean, just for my experience, I was hardly interested in the playoffs this year after the bears lost to Philly. I was not thirsting for good football, I watched plenty of it over the preceding 16 games. I was still riding the high of Mack, Hicks and Jackson redefining what Monsters look like.

It's a pretty peaceful place to be when the biggest thing to complain about is replacing a failed kicker who isn't on the team anymore.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That's just because Watson and Trubs had similar years.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I dunno, I think it's more that we have a lot more positive stuff to agree on and talk about. We had a great season that was so much fun to watch, and we have a GM with the balls to take calculated risks that so far pay off at a pretty good rate. The difference in the atmosphere is a lasting side affect of that optimism combination, I think.

I mean, just for my experience, I was hardly interested in the playoffs this year after the bears lost to Philly. I was not thirsting for good football, I watched plenty of it over the preceding 16 games. I was still riding the high of Mack, Hicks and Jackson redefining what Monsters look like.

It's a pretty peaceful place to be when the biggest thing to complain about is replacing a failed kicker who isn't on the team anymore.

Fuck you. Pace sucks!

Completely kidding. Go Bears!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If there has ever been a metric historically proven to be accurate, its the PFF safety coverage grade!

Wasn't referring to his PFF grade. Was referring to fact he played mostly in the box. Almost 700 out of 800 snaps or so.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Who are the two guys?
The guy on the right is the spitting image of Jeff Girshman from the video gaming site Giant Bomb.

jeff-gerstmann.jpg

LOL, Shefter looks like he would rather be getting a root canal than hanging with these two.

D08ulrJWwAAzEBq.jpg