Free Agency news tracker

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The Robinson point is to simply say that Bell would require a serious resource shuffle on offense in the future.

If that’s the case worry about the future when we get there. We are trying to win a super bowl now. We cannot waste this opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
How so, what I see is MP bringing in three ex-patriots to "change the culture". Time will tell. The Trey Flowers signing is a good sign, Edge rushers are going to get paid, Amendola is ok, 4.5 mil not exactly breaking the bank, time will tell on the Coleman deal, that is the one I would consider most shaky. Is Detroit positioning themselves to go WR in the 1st? Now it seems feasible. Draft DK Metcalf, trade Marvin Jones?

Trey Flowers isn't really an edge rusher though... lol

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Robinson alone is 13 million in cap savings on top of 33 million in cap space albeit with more guys to resign. Then you have Prince and Long who are 8 mil a piece in savings.

Rory ain't gona like it if you talk about hypothetically cutting someone....

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Aaron Wilson‏ @AaronWilson_NFL
Ben Braunecker Bears deal: $2.7M, salaries $750K (gtd), $1.35M; $550K gtd total, including $300K signing bonus; $100K per game 46-man annual, up to $500K playtime, catches, incentive annual

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Ralph Vacchiano‏Verified account @RVacchianoSNY
I've heard from multiple NFL sources who tell me they believe the Jets are still the favorites to land Le'Veon Bell. The Bears, 49ers, Eagles and Raiders are other teams I've heard mentioned in connection with the Bell sweepstakes.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lions have realized to have a run first offense and take the ball out of Matt's hands. Basically they are the 2015 Bears

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Nobody is ever bent out of shape over a previous debate with you except for the wasted time

Don't you know, anytime Remy comes up with some hairbrained post, those that point out his ridiculousness is reacting due to some longstanding grudge and the inability to get Remy off their mind. It's never just that he comes up with the most craptastic ideas of all CCSdome.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
The safety you want to sign long-term is on the Bears roster (Jackson) and should be priority to ensure you can in the future, not Amos. If they overpay Amos, I won't be happy about that. I think you can sign a solid enough safety to fill the Amos roll in June or draft a guy to fill that roll. Keep paying that defensive position on the rookie contract, not by resigning Amos.

With the numbers we are seeing right now he is going going gone!

I was comfy paying him 6 million, that isn't going to happen.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because you are creating a need to fill another. Makes no sense

No Windy created a need to fill another as he brought up ARob.

Low first year and then it likely costs you Robinson or Gabriel and someone else in 2020 or 2021.

And no we would be filling a need now with a year to figure out who we cut in 2020 or 2021 as the premise was you have a low first year cap hit so no decision would be made until 2020 and 2021. If Miller busts out in 2019 and ARob's role reduces then you get rid of ARob. If not, then get rid of potentially Kyle or Prince as I noted. Point is you would have at least a year to figure out based on 2019 performance who gets the boot in 2020 based on the scenario above.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Jesse James also to Lions

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You've been hating on Robinson since about week 2, don't act like Bell has anything to do with it.

SMH! Bell has everything to do with it because that was the premise put forth by Windy that I responded to. Jesus, some of ya'll are really emo.

Nobody is ever bent out of shape over a previous debate with you except for the wasted time

Obviously you guys are because no one said shit when Windy suggested cutting Arob but then like 4 or 5 of you responded when I simply noted the cap savings from doing so in addition to Prince and Long. Obviously, a lot of hurt feelings still.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Jamison Crowder to Jets

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Bold strategy cotton, start calling people emo who point out you hate on Robinson every chance you get. Let’s see if it pays off.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No Windy created a need to fill another as he brought up ARob.

And no we would be filling a need now with a year to figure out who we cut in 2020 or 2021 as the premise was you have a low first year cap hit so no decision would be made until 2020 and 2021. If Miller busts out in 2019 and ARob's role reduces then you get rid of ARob. If not, then get rid of potentially Kyle or Prince as I noted. Point is you would have at least a year to figure out based on 2019 performance who gets the boot in 2020 based on the scenario above.

That is what I wrote "in 2020 or 2021"

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Mike Garafolo
‏@MikeGarafolo
#Lions have agreed to a deal with former #Steelers TE Jesse James, source says. Detroit remains active.
3:18 PM - 11 Mar 2019

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
SMH! Bell has everything to do with it because that was the premise put forth by Windy that I responded to. Jesus, some of ya'll are really emo.

Obviously you guys are because no one said shit when Windy suggested cutting Arob but then like 4 or 5 of you responded when I simply noted the cap savings from doing so in addition to Prince and Long. Obviously, a lot of hurt feelings still.

Should back off that emo crap, isn't working.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Lions have been extremely active.