FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Yeah Fields market foreseeably is now teams looking for a 1 year back up QB - most of the team left who want a starting QB are positioned to get one in the draft.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems to have come down to Darnold or Fields to Vikings, or Tannehill?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What AJ did in 2022 has no bearing either. He was injury prone last season and appeared sluggish. He’s going to be 30 years old and obviously on the decline. How are they better with him over Jacobs? It’s not even debateable and the Packers agree. They usually get it right.
I guess you didn’t watch the Packers ride him in the playoffs as he made his opponents look foolish.
His last 5 games in 2023 he put up:

102c, 584yds, 3TD’s

Do you even watch the Packers play? Serious question.

NeverDieEasy

Righter of Wrongs
Liked Posts:
2 credible sources here, please be legit.

NOPE. Just more
Jim Carrey Help GIF by Ace Ventura

😜

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Waiting to see the numbers, but this was the center I hoped Poles would go for. I'm guessing the price was considerably higher than the backup G/C from the Bills option Poles did execute. Hoping Poles finally hits a homerun on an OL free agency play, but his batting average is not that great in this arena for it supposedly being an area of expertise for him.
Connor Williams is my guess. He can heal while Bates starts. When he is well, he starts and Bates is a valuable backup.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
I think Fields would start ahead of or at least compete strongly with Geno Smith, Daniel Jones, anyone in LV, anyone in TEN, MIN. There are still some options.
Comes down to GMs feeling pressure as tge season gets closer. Injuries too obviously.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Then there'd have been chatter about the trade down and he had already agreed to a deal with the Panthers by this time last year.
No. This is not the case — apples and oranges. IF a player were to be involved, there would have been chatter, and it would have been done before FA. As of now, it looks to be purely draft capital. So it may go straight to draft night or even closer.

Lmao where the fields Stans at now?????
Right here, with Fields. Who, last I checked, is still the Bears starting QB as he didn’t go anywhere. Poles isn’t trading him. He’s trading the pick.

Last edited: