Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Mitchapalooza

Been told that #Packers QB Scott Tolzien is making a visit to the #Colts today. The #Bears are also showing interest in him.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 51s51 seconds ago
The amount of $ being paid to pass rushers in FA shows you what the NFL thinks of the pass rushers in this draft. Very average class

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Denver should be more concerned with finding a talented QB than worrying about what they'll pay him if he plays well in 2016.

You bring up a good point though so maybe Elway tries to give Glennon something in the $10-12 mil range over a long period. Overpay for him now, but save money if he does in fact play well in 2016.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

:lmao: Fucking Hilarious!!! ??? Or were you serious??

Mitchapalooza

Chris Emma ‏@CEmma670 7m7 minutes ago
I'm told the Bears have not engaged in contact with free-agent safety Eric Weddle. Three-time Pro Bowl player, but 30 years old.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
:lmao: Fucking Hilarious!!! ??? Or were you serious??
Dead serious. QBs are going to be ridiculously overpaid no matter what. The key should be finding a talented QB to fit their system.

I mean they're interested in Kaep, which is just mind boggling to me.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
I thought Pace might kick the tires with this guy....

Khiry Robinson - RB - Jets
Jets signed RB Khiry Robinson, formerly of the Saints.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm told the Bears have not engaged in contact with free-agent safety Eric Weddle. Three-time Pro Bowl player, but 30 years old.

Good. What's the point of bringing in a guy that will be a corpse by the time the Bears are ready to compete?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dead serious. QBs are going to be ridiculously overpaid no matter what. The key should be finding a talented QB to fit their system.

I'd give RG3 a go before looking at Glennon.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Still don't know why Tampa would let Glennon go. He's a serviceable back up that allows them to remain competitive if Winston goes down and his contract is team friendly ($1.5m I think). Plus, who would you replace him with? I don't think a second rounder would get it done.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

For a team relying on their D to win games, a QB who can control the ball because of his running ability is not that surprising. That's pretty much the model teams like the Panthers, Seahawks, and Niners (back when CK was good) employed ie good to great D with a ball control offense lead by a QB who can keep drives alive with his feet in addition to his passing.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

Is he posting about every player the Bears aren't engaging in contract talks with? Or was it mentioned somewhere that they were looking at Weddle?

Reactions: WCL

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
?????

Mitchapalooza

Is he posting about every player the Bears aren't engaging in contract talks with? Or was it mentioned somewhere that they were looking at Weddle?

people keep yelling at writers asking them about weddle.