Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Jets got Kaep, the 49ers got a third round pick and both teams sent a 6th rounder to the Bears in exchange for nothing.

pace.jpg

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I thought compensation picks were based off of $$$, are you saying they are based off of performance? If true this makes a whole lot more sense to me.

It's both along with the caveat of losing more FA's than you sign. There is an equation they use to calculate the level of compensation pick.

edit: Here is some light reading for you to help understand compensatory picks. I'm not sure anyone fully understands the whole thing.

http://overthecap.com/the-basics-and-methodology-of-projecting-the-nfls-compensatory-draft-picks/

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Would any of these guys fit what we're looking for to play next to E.Goldman.
N.Fairley
C.Long
R.Ayers
T.Knighton

I know they're not the best names but with losing out on guys like M.Jackson and J.Howard these are some of the best names left. Of course this is only if we don't sign A.Hicks. If not then we might as well use our 1st or 2nd round pick to fill the spot.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My current DL rankings

1. Akiem Hicks
2. Cedric Thorton
3. Robert Ayers
4. Terrence Knighton

I just do not think Fairley fits with what they want to have on the team.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I'll disagree. Denver's defense won't be as good next year and if Carolina didn't play their worst game of the season and piss down their leg, they win the Super Bowl.

I'd much rather have a guy like Mike Glennon who can at least be a respectable passing QB and wouldn't cost nearly as much.

Kaep was fucking putrid last year. Yeah, his coaches sucked and he didn't have much talent around him, but a lot of their struggles were because of his suckage. He's regressed so much.

Yeah, he improves in Denver with better coaching and a lot more weapons, but I just don't like the fit at all. Mainly because Kaep is a shitty QB.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Also, no way TB.trades Glennon unless someone gives up a LOT.