Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Apparently, other teams are interested in trading for Kap. Who are those teams(including chicago )? LA?
Broncos front runners. Browns and Jets other teams showing interest. Looks to me like SF asking too much. They want a 2nd round pick.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
@MikeSilver
Talks have intensified between the 49ers and Broncos re: Kaepernick. But Broncos are not the only suitor. More on @nflnetwork soon

cant wait to see this unfold.

My inside sources tell me Kaepernick will sign with one of the following teams: Broncos, Browns, Bills, Jets, possibly Rams. MTF...

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I'd have to do that if I was the Broncos. Even if he is Captain One-read all they need to have another chance is basically someone that's not a complete corpse back there.

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
I've been telling you guys that Langford is a bust. Interest in Anderson confirms this.

Okay-Waka-Flocka-Meme-04.gif

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Would you still be skeptical of Pace if he dumps Cutler, drafts Goff and gets another 6th rounder?

Are you serious? I would put up 1,000$ towards his enshrining statue right the fuck now!

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We let forte walk, but it's cool, we got Langford... lololol @ baers fans.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Well, yeah we all would like him to retire and ride off into the sunset in a Bears uniform, but that isn't how today's NFL is setup to be a successful organization either. You're better off letting your older (still good) FA's walk and allow yourself a chance to get compensation picks in the following draft.

edit: He could be worth as much as a 3rd round pick in the 2017 draft. That's pretty good return on Forte, imo.

I thought compensation picks were based off of $$$, are you saying they are based off of performance? If true this makes a whole lot more sense to me.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Fox is a coach that has always believed that you can't have enough RB's

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Twitter says Browns very aggressive.... probably want to make up for that disaster of a day yesterday. They hold a much higher draft pick obviously than the Broncos, so should have the edge.

I'll give Kaep one thing, he's got some good tape to go with the bad, played pretty dam well in that playoff run and was a few plays way from winning a super bowl.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
People still don't understand how comp picks work? Christ... get it together ccs..

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I thought compensation picks were based off of $$$, are you saying they are based off of performance? If true this makes a whole lot more sense to me.

Yeah but they also take ino account free agents brought in as well

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We let forte walk, but it's cool, we got Langford... lololol @ baers fans.

Many Many Bear fans would have been just fine keeping Forte at a team friendly price.... they just knew it wasn't going to happen.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I'd have to do that if I was the Broncos. Even if he is Captain One-read all they need is basically someone that's not a complete corpse back there.
I'll disagree. Denver's defense won't be as good next year and if Carolina didn't play their worst game of the season and piss down their leg, they win the Super Bowl.

I'd much rather have a guy like Mike Glennon who can at least be a respectable passing QB and wouldn't cost nearly as much.

Kaep was fucking putrid last year. Yeah, his coaches sucked and he didn't have much talent around him, but a lot of their struggles were because of his suckage. He's regressed so much.

Yeah, he improves in Denver with better coaching and a lot more weapons, but I just don't like the fit at all. Mainly because Kaep is a shitty QB.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Are you serious? I would put up 1,000$ towards his enshrining statue right the fuck now!

Boom. I'll throw in another $1500. #biggerdonation

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So did the Bears lose free agency or what?

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
I'll disagree. Denver's defense won't be as good next year and if Carolina didn't play their worst game of the season and piss down their leg, they win the Super Bowl.

I'd much rather have a guy like Mike Glennon who can at least be a respectable passing QB and wouldn't cost nearly as much.

Kaep was fucking putrid last year. Yeah, his coaches sucked and he didn't have much talent around him, but a lot of their struggles were because of his suckage. He's regressed so much.

Yeah, he improves in Denver with better coaching and a lot more weapons, but I just don't like the fit at all. Mainly because Kaep is a shitty QB.

If Glennon played an entire season with Denver he'd be a free agent heading into 2017 and probably get more than Osweiler's 18m a year if he can show anything in 2016.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Many Many Bear fans would have been just fine keeping Forte at a team friendly price.... they just knew it wasn't going to happen.

He's worth every single penny he's gonna make.

You will see this next year when we're watching Langford drop passes and average 3.5 ypc.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
If Glennon played an entire season with Denver he'd be a free agent heading into 2017 and probably get more than Osweiler's 18m a year if he can show anything in 2016.
So trade for him and lock him into a team friendly deal before the season starts.