Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I got the impression they truly felt he had 2-3 more years left, but wanted to go with Fox's 2-3 back running philosophy and let Forte go be a feature back somewhere.

I didn't feel like there was animosity between the parties fwiw

I never said anything about animosity. I thought they treated Forte very well.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think it's stupid. Best player we've had on offense in a long time I would let him retire here.

Not that it's a huge thing but I'm just saying I would have liked it to turn out that way. At least he's not a Packer.

Well, yeah we all would like him to retire and ride off into the sunset in a Bears uniform, but that isn't how today's NFL is setup to be a successful organization either. You're better off letting your older (still good) FA's walk and allow yourself a chance to get compensation picks in the following draft.

edit: He could be worth as much as a 3rd round pick in the 2017 draft. That's pretty good return on Forte, imo.

Mitchapalooza

Bears, Patriots also want to bring in C.J. Anderson, per source. Offer sheet could be coming from someone today.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bears, Patriots also want to bring in C.J. Anderson, per source. Offer sheet could be coming from someone today.

Is he a RFA? If so, I wouldn't sign CJ. Pass. There are other RB's out there you can get without giving up any compensation. This would be a stupid move, imo.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Is he a RFA? If so, I wouldn't sign CJ. Pass. There are other RB's out there you can get without giving up any compensation. This would be a stupid move, imo.

Bring back Harvey Unga!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

You don't have to give up any compensation to sign him. He is a low tender. All the Broncos have is the right to match any offer.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You don't have to give up any compensation to sign him. He is a low tender. All the Broncos have is the right to match any offer.

Ok, that makes me feel better about him. I wasn't sure and didn't really want to spend the time looking it up. Thank you.

Mitchapalooza

@MikeSilver
Talks have intensified between the 49ers and Broncos re: Kaepernick. But Broncos are not the only suitor. More on @nflnetwork soon

cant wait to see this unfold.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What does it say about how the Bears feel about Langford?..... that they are even showing interest in Anderson... They apparently not sold on starting the season with Langford/Carey/Rodgers?

Could this mean Ezekiel Elliott could be in play @ 11?
CFB_201601011434524488461-P5.JPEG

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@MikeSilver
Talks have intensified between the 49ers and Broncos re: Kaepernick. But Broncos are not the only suitor. More on @nflnetwork soon

cant wait to see this unfold.

The trade or GatorMike returning to sling some shit at all his detractors with 30 pages of fallout?