Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I wonder if that means they won't be signing anymore significant players because if they had a significant player that they were close to signing or thought they were gonna sign soon then you'd think they'd wait and introduce him with Trevathon and Massie??
Well Hicks was set to visit today, so...

My guy says Hicks is in to join Danny T and Big Bobbie for the presser, as long as there is no last second hiccups with the deal that is in place.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What about R.Ayers?? Would he fit on the line next to E.Goldman?? I think Pace will go hard after A.Hicks but he won't way overpay, he may overpay some though since he lost out on J.Howard and M.Jackson and if not the bigger name like Hicks in free agency then he'll draft one in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft and maybe even use another mid to late rounder on another one.

Ayers is garbage.

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
Buncha brokebacks not listening to what the great Gator Mike has. Not sure about any of you pukes, but he has been 100% since Monday.

Gus where have you been 2015 Chicago Bears Poster of the Year Award Winner?

Been trying to feed these guys with deep intel yet most still in denial...I told them tomorrow if Friday but IUdoc and his band of cronnies said I'm lying and its not Friday tomorrow

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gus where have you been 2015 Chicago Bears Poster of the Year Award Winner?

Been trying to feed these guys with deep intel yet most still in denial...I told them tomorrow if Friday but IUdoc and his band of cronnies said I'm lying and its not Friday tomorrow

Calm down Mike, it will be ok.... I will keep everyone from setting you on fire.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The Bears are hedging their bet that Forte is about to lose a step. He might be good this year, but they are gambling that he doesn't have much left in the tank. That's why they chose to allocate that money somewhere else on the roster.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I agree I would not be shocked at all of PACE traded Cutler between now and the draft or on draft day.... but what works against that is the fact that they promoted Dowell Loggains to OC. Isnt that just a total 'curtail to Cutler move' ?? To keep continuity. Wasn't there probably better OC candidates out there to hire if Pace's plan is to send Cutler packing this off-season? Or do you think they just felt Loggains was the best man for the job regardless of who will be at QB?

IDK good questions. I know McDaniels' brother is also the QB coach and I know McDummy can't be feeding his brother good things about Cutler. His first order of business when he first got to Denver was literally take a massive shit on Cutler and then get rid of him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The three in red and drop the Mike ...uh ...I mean mic.

I'd probably see what the asking price is for Okung to provide some depth and insurance at LT and get another CB on the cheap in addition to the guys in red.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Please take him.

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 32s32 seconds ago

Broncos RB C.J. Anderson visiting the Dolphins, as @DanGrazianoESPN said. Broncos would have right to match an offer sheet.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because the Bears want to get younger, and maybe they didn't think that he is worth it.

I think it's stupid. Best player we've had on offense in a long time I would let him retire here.

Not that it's a huge thing but I'm just saying I would have liked it to turn out that way. At least he's not a Packer.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why couldn't we give that?

I'm not a blogger, so take my opinion for what it's worth, but maybe they want a different style of running back? Supposedly we're talking to CJ Anderson. Is he a different type of runner than Forte? It also could simply be age.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I think it's stupid. Best player we've had on offense in a long time I would let him retire here.

Not that it's a huge thing but I'm just saying I would have liked it to turn out that way. At least he's not a Packer.

If it makes you feel better, I am sure that when Forte wants to retire, the Bears will sign him to a one day contract.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not a blogger, so take my opinion for what it's worth, but maybe they want a different style of running back? Supposedly we're talking to CJ Anderson. Is he a different type of runner than Forte? It also could simply be age.

I got the impression they truly felt he had 2-3 more years left, but wanted to go with Fox's 2-3 back running philosophy and let Forte go be a feature back somewhere.

I didn't feel like there was animosity between the parties fwiw

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Jeremy Stoltz ‏@BearReport 6m6 minutes ago
NFLPA has #Bears at $31.4M in cap space.

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 2m2 minutes ago
Aaron Leming Retweeted NFLPA
According to the NFLPA, #Bears have $31.4M in cap space after all signings from yesterday.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 3m3 minutes ago

Titans announced WR Rishard Matthews' deal is done pending physical. That's a three-year, $15m deal by the way.

Titans making moves.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
31.4 million left in cap space. Plenty to get Hicks, a DB and some backups.