Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
Somebody tweeted at Tony Jefferson asking him to come to the Bears and asked Kyle Long to recruit him. Jefferson responded back with this. Not sure if it will mean anything but it is interesting.

Robert Cuthrell ‏@RobertCuthrell 2h2 hours ago
@Ky1eLong @tonyjefferson1
Come sign with the #Bears Tony!!! We need you as much as the other FA's!!
Kyle start the recruiting process!!

Tony Jefferson
‏@tonyjefferson1
@RobertCuthrell @Ky1eLong ya recruit me Kyle

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Somebody tweeted at Tony Jefferson asking him to come to the Bears and asked Kyle Long to recruit him. Jefferson responded back with this. Not sure if it will mean anything but it is interesting.

Tony Jefferson
‏@tonyjefferson1

Saw that. Read to me like they were just joking around.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I am all aboard the William Jakson train. I called he would be the pick at #11 in January..still am hopeful. He is the best CB in this draft next to Jalen Ramsey..not sure why it is taking him so long to be seen as the top 10 talent he is. Just look at his tape against Temple..the dude had a stellar performance.

Bears27

Liked Posts:
I am all aboard the William Jakson train. I called he would be the pick at #11 in January..still am hopeful. He is the best CB in this draft next to Jalen Ramsey..not sure why it is taking him so long to be seen as the top 10 talent he is. Just look at his tape against Temple..the dude had a stellar performance.

I share your sentiment. William Jackson III is a lights out corner. He has the long arms, closing speed, and natural timing that it takes to be a dominant press CB. It also doesn't hurt that he's tough as hell and can disrupt a receiver off his routes or separate him from the ball. That Temple game was amazing but check out his tape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ed52KLps6U

Part of this is also that I personally like the talent for DL/LB/OL in the later rounds – and since some of those needs were already addressed in FA.

Bears27

Liked Posts:

Tony Jefferson
‏@tonyjefferson1

I thought he had signed already. Was he non-tendered by the Cards?

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I share your sentiment. William Jackson III is a lights out corner. He has the long arms, closing speed, and natural timing that it takes to be a dominant press CB. It also doesn't hurt that he's tough as hell and can disrupt a receiver off his routes or separate him from the ball. That Temple game was amazing but check out his tape:

Part of this is also that I personally like the talent for DL/LB/OL in the later rounds – and since some of those needs were already addressed in FA.

There is no way he gets picked at 11 by by Bears. Pace is setting it up to draft someone who slips to 11 but is rated better than that. I like him as a someone in the last third of the draft and the Bears would be very lucky if he fell to them in the second which is possible but a long shot.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

I don't watch CFB, so I obviously never seen WJ play, and I know it's only a highlight video...but I have to admit, there were a great number of spectacular plays. Obviously I can't fully judge him on his "good' tape though. But it's hard not to come away impressed after watching that.

CutlerWithTheGW

Liked Posts:
With the Hicks signing you think Pace will go offense rest of the way in FA? Or is there hardly any talent available? I've been more focused on the defensive FA so I really don't know what's there

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Pace will go for the best players at the best value on either side of the ball. I'd bet he still wants to add a player to compete in the secondary, whether at CB or S, and probably add another player on offense. Whether it be an OL, WR, or TE. With that ladder, being the most likely culprit.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
IDK if Jackson is the quality of guy you would take at #11. In that case I w ouldn't have a problem with trading down and grabbing an extra 3rd if he's the guy.

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
Pace will go for the best players at the best value on either side of the ball. I'd bet he still wants to add a player to compete in the secondary, whether at CB or S, and probably add another player on offense. Whether it be an OL, WR, or TE. With that ladder, being the most likely culprit.

Pace loves 1 QB and loves Rankins from Lville

NO CB at 11 , 100% gurantee

3-4 not predicated on high profile corners....if it happens in later rounds great but not at 11

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
You guys need to be a troll on

@jasonLaCanfora

This guy said he is signing with Detroit. GatorLandMike the only true inside source here.

Also shows hour by hour things change.....

Troll Boys
LunchBox
IU Doc
NewBlood
DaBears 70
Unannounced Fart

Go Get him, SET HIM ON FIRE

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Agree Pace will let value drive the rest of FA not position. There are no huge glaring holes left. But I must point out. Ladder? That made me giggle a little this morning.

104648.gif

That's what 2am posting does to you.

Pace loves 1 QB and loves Rankins from Lville

NO CB at 11 , 100% gurantee

3-4 not predicated on high profile corners....if it happens in later rounds great but not at 11
Mike he is talking FA here. Try and keep up buddy.

Last edited:

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
Agree Pace will let value drive the rest of FA not position. There are no huge glaring holes left. But I must point out. Ladder? That made me giggle a little this morning.

104648.gif

That's what 2am posting does to you.

Mike he is talking FA here. Try and keep up buddy.

My bad, I'm still delirious after that "Math was hard" statement....I'll recover soon
Thanks IUDoc

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd go:

1. CB - Willie Jackson III
2. DE - Jihad Ward
3. S - Miles Killebrew

Miles Killebrew is my guy. I've been talking about him for a while now about how if he touches you you go backwards every time.