Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Really??

Let me see Bears at roughly 8 million on Saturday
Hicks wanted 12 million

SPLIT the difference

GatorlandMike wins again you lose AGAIN

You said over 3 years, not 2. The AAV is higher than both AAV's you claimed by a lot.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I dont bug my inside source on info
I have NO need to Im not a writer/journalist
No skin in the game

When he texts me with info I relay on boards

You don't have an inside source because you have nothing to offer any source. Sources/journalists have symbiotic relationships; journalists get access to exclusive info and the source gets a way to anonymously put information out to the press without it coming directly from the team, which is useful in all kinds of ways. But because you are just a schmuck on a message board, you have nothing to offer your "source". He would be taking risk for no benefit. Give up the ghost.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This should be renamed the gatorland Mike thread

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
You said over 3 years, not 2. The AAV is higher than both AAV's you claimed by a lot.

OVer and over and over again How many times do I have to say this

ON SATURDAY...SATURDAY THE DAY BEFORE SUNDAY....36 hours before a Deal was done which means 1 1/2 days before

Hicks wanted 3 years 12 million, Bears 3 years 8.5 million

The last info I heard for the 1,000th time was on SATURDAY afternoon, why can't anybody on this board understand this?? Its NOT complicated

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Hicks - I want 4 million a year over 3 years.

Bears - We are prepared to offer you 2.833 million over 3 years.

Hicks - How about we split the difference and you give me 5 million over 2 years?

Bears - Sounds great. We would love to pay you 2.167 more per year than we wanted to while giving you more total money than we wanted to over less years.

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
You don't have an inside source because you have nothing to offer any source. Sources/journalists have symbiotic relationships; journalists get access to exclusive info and the source gets a way to anonymously put information out to the press without it coming directly from the team, which is useful in all kinds of ways. But because you are just a schmuck on a message board, you have nothing to offer your "source". He would be taking risk for no benefit. Give up the ghost.

sloth-yawn-cute.gif

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
Hicks - I want 4 million a year over 3 years.

Bears - We are prepared to offer you 2.833 million over 3 years.

Hicks - How about we split the difference and you give me 5 million over 2 years?

Bears - Sounds great. We would love to pay you 2.167 more per year than we wanted to while giving you more total money than we wanted to over less years.

Did you guys help Kerry & Obama negotiate the Iran Deal?
Nobody has a clue about negotiations.....They split the money obviously but the agent cut back the deal by 1 year...Win - Win for both obviously...

So many Democrats on this board

#VoteTrump

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd suggest you make your own thread, Mike, but it would probably just get merged in to this one.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
OVer and over and over again How many times do I have to say this

ON SATURDAY...SATURDAY THE DAY BEFORE SUNDAY....36 hours before a Deal was done which means 1 1/2 days before

Hicks wanted 3 years 12 million, Bears 3 years 8.5 million

The last info I heard for the 1,000th time was on SATURDAY afternoon, why can't anybody on this board understand this?? Its NOT complicated

So Hicks got Pace to go $1 million over what Hicks initially wanted in AAV in those 36 hours. That seems totally believable.

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
Yep I was wrong again lol

I said 8.5 million I heard, Deal was 10 mil oh boy I was off by 1.5 million from what I heard

Not like it was a 45 million deal that was 28 million
And the year was off by 1

Whoa GatorLandMike you know absolutely nothing, cluless lol

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
So Hicks got Pace to go $1 million over what Hicks initially wanted in AAV in those 36 hours. That seems totally believable.

What? NO....Read Hicks wanted 12 million, Bears at 8.5 million, Pace came up 1.5 million, Pace did not pay 1 million over the 12 million Hicks wanted

dennehy

Liked Posts:
What? NO....Read Hicks wanted 12 million, Bears at 8.5 million, Pace came up 1.5 million, Pace did not pay 1 million over the 12 million Hicks wanted

Paying $12million over 3 years is less per year than paying $10million over 2 years. Average per year. Hicks got Pace to pay him over $1million per year more than Hicks initially wanted in those 36 hours of radio silence. Seems totally believable.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
hicks guaranteed money is supposedly 5.5 mill, so it looks like its a 1yr deal walk away deal if it doesnt pan out, assuming the guaranteed money is in year 1 rather than being spread out over the two years

da_bears6

Liked Posts:

Goddamn you're embarrassing.

You have to be a troll and a bad one at that or have mental health issues.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Gator Mike didn't give us one name throughout his "wonderful" insider info and yet people still believe him thus proving people are really fucking stupid

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
Paying $12million over 3 years is less per year than paying $10million over 2 years. Average per year. Hicks got Pace to pay him over $1million per year more than Hicks initially wanted in those 36 hours of radio silence. Seems totally believable.

Who says there was silence? I'm sure still negotiations going on....I didn't hear anything else so didn't report anything else
probably because my source wasn't at HH on Sunday
apparently Pace felt more comfortable going 2 years than 3 and so did the players agent
I dont understand what the big deal is

more often than not terms change within hours whether it be years, dollars or incentives....

If you guys want to keep beating a dead horse that the contract was off 1 million dollars thats fine but it seems counterproductive at this point

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
I mean seriously? Is this still going on? This guy has legitimate mental health issues, this isn't even funny anymore.

No wait, yes it is. GLM -- He's a huge dickhole.