Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd add LT in second place on that list, don't know why everyone ignores the fact that Leno isn't a starting caliber LT in the league.

And at TE, it all depends if they'll trade/cut Bennett in the end or not, which wouldn't be a smart idea considering how market is developing at the position.

Why isn't he?

There is a difference between not making the Pro Bowl and not being a starting calibre OT.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Here's one analyst opinion about Leno (from Roto)...

"Leno graded 63rd among 76 qualified pass blockers in PFF's offensive tackle ratings. Ideally, Leno would return as a starter at guard or as the Bears' swing tackle. Chicago needs offensive line help -- in addition to a serious injection of defensive talent -- in the upcoming offseason."

So, you know, this doesn't really cut it a "starting caliber LT" material, at least IMO.

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
Math are hard. (12-8.5)/3=1.167

Once again, the troll never fails to amaze me. I will ask my source to be 1000% accurate down to the penny. Heaven forbid that the deal gets done for 8 million because I will be called out for being a fraud.

Anyhow, I guess Math is easy for you because English definitely iz not dawg "Math are hard" How is hard Math??

Monster O

Liked Posts:
Pace is obviously showing restraint when it comes to spending free agency $. I'm assuming he's thinking there will be some quality players cut before, during and after training camp he may be interested in signing.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
It also makes no sense to get ridiculous money wise on the d-line when it's the strongest position in the draft.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
schefter and trevathan just started following Hicks on twitter.

Hicks to Chicago confirmed?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Here's one analyst opinion about Leno (from Roto)...

"Leno graded 63rd among 76 qualified pass blockers in PFF's offensive tackle ratings. Ideally, Leno would return as a starter at guard or as the Bears' swing tackle. Chicago needs offensive line help -- in addition to a serious injection of defensive talent -- in the upcoming offseason."

So, you know, this doesn't really cut it a "starting caliber LT" material, at least IMO.

Some mean median and mode context sure would be helpful here.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace is obviously showing restraint when it comes to spending free agency $. I'm assuming he's thinking there will be some quality players cut before, during and after training camp he may be interested in signing.

Well...we need elite level (high draft pick or real dollars) at LT, QB, RB, DE, OLB, S, and Corner in the next year or two. Until most of those happens, we suck, and we might even be sitting on some cap dollars.

Personally, I would have shed the 16 on the dominant penetrating DE. With QB/LT still in limbo....I don't know. I need more before I feel good about us. A safety and left tackle and maybe I could be a believer. couple DE's.

Mitchapalooza

Doug Moore ‏@DMooreNFL 54s54 seconds ago
It sounds like, for the time-being (as long as he is in CHI), Akiem Hicks has put #Lions & #Patriots on back-burner to negotiate w/ #Bears.

Monster O

Liked Posts:
Well...we need elite level (high draft pick or real dollars) at LT, QB, RB, DE, OLB, S, and Corner in the next year or two. Until most of those happens, we suck, and we might even be sitting on some cap dollars.

Personally, I would have shed the 16 on the dominant penetrating DE. With QB/LT still in limbo....I don't know. I need more before I feel good about us. A safety and left tackle and maybe I could be a believer. couple DE's.

You list our weaknesses, yes there are more than 1. I think Pace knows they need to be upgraded as well but realistically he can only do so much during this off-season.

I would think at least 3 of those positions get addressed with solid solutions before the season begins. Every team has holes to fill. What I like about Pace is he is filling our holes with value signings. It always seemed like Angelo and emery never had money to do anything around training camp.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
These are the new names I'm hearing

Haven't heard much since yesterday. Doesn't look good for Hicks as Pace not budging but they are $1.5 million apart per year Im told
3 yr, 12 million Hicks wants= Pace 3 yrs 8.5 Million
The 4 names that were popping up yesterday he told me was

3 Secondary players

Rahim Moore
Antonio Allen
Brandon Boykin

Besides Hicks this name:

Brandon Thompson

All these names are new and he said they are kicking the tires aka doing evaluations on them now

Too bad Terrence Knighton is not in the mix.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Too bad Terrence Knighton is not in the mix.

Why do you keep bringing up Knighton? He is out of shape and below average, which is why the Bears passed on him last year and why Washington passed on him this offseason.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I see a bit of a trend with Pace and it probably stems from his days as a pro scout. All of his "bigger" signings over the last two off seasons have came from winning organizations and they all have an Edge to them.

That is not a coincidence. Winners breed winning. It's a smart strategy when trying to inject a culture change.

Doctor Mancha

Liked Posts:
DT Akiem Hicks has agreed to a 2-year deal with the #Bears.

Welcome to #Chicago, @The_Dream99! ?⬇️

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Big signing at a needed position. Let's see who else brings in. Hicks is an upgrade over Jenkins.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would you look at that. My source and I were right, THREE DAYS AGO. From now on, please call me ChicagoLunchboxFL.

I'm going with ChicagoTupacFL