jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
User Actions
Follow

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
TE Jermaine Gresham is re-signing with the #AZCardinals, source said. He's taking less to stay.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
User Actions
Follow

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
TE Jermaine Gresham is re-signing with the #AZCardinals, source said. He's taking less to stay.

Good move Arizona a contender.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Good move Arizona a contender.

Unless they develop a pass rush that isn't heavily reliant on blitzes and if they don't have to rely on Carson Palmer to win them a game, then yeah they are a contender again.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
I've played against @The_Dream99 two times and I don't want to play against him again. How does that happen??
@Ky1eLong come on man we had fun. Good fights

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rand Getlin

The #Jets and #Bears both offered TE Jermaine Gresham strong 4-year deals. He opted to go back to AZ on one-year deal and reset his market.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
He may be a rotational player on a very talented DL, he would be a starter on most, and might be the Bears best DLmen.

And that is the exact kind of thinking that causes teams to overpay for players in free agency.

He's depth, he's a rotational player. Just because he might be the best d lineman on your roster does not change that. Paying him like a starter doesn't change what he is, and has been for his whole career. Obviously, if he was a priority, Pace would have gone after him more aggressively.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And that is the exact kind of thinking that causes teams to overpay for players in free agency.

He's depth, he's a rotational player. Just because he might be the best d lineman on your roster does not change that. Paying him like a starter doesn't change what he is, and has been for his whole career. Obviously, if he was a priority, Pace would have gone after him more aggressively.

I don't think advocating giving him 10 million a year.

And he is more than a rotational piece, he would start most places in the NFL.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Interesting. And kind of a bummer...I really like C.J. i'm surprised the Bears went that high. Also says maybe the Bears will be looking at backs in the draft.

Probably Pace trying to do a favor for Fox.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Casey Hayward to Chargers via rotoworld

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The same could have been said of McPhee prior to joining the Bears. If the Bears believe he is a legit starter then that is how they should pay him.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why are we not looking at safeties in FA?

I am very happy with what Pace has done so far, and i understand we have lots of holes. I am not criticizing his moves at all. I just don't see us linked anywhere to S. Perhaps that is simply because Pave is prioritizing (properly) other positions, and will address the S position eventually.

Weddle. Bruton. Jefferson. Any interest by anyone here?

And before someone says they're not all pro or worth a ton of $, I am not suggesting we pay them as such.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Chris Conte - DB - Buccaneers
Buccaneers re-signed S Chris Conte to a one-year contract.
Although he remained a replacement-level starter, Conte had the best season of his career back deep last year, earning PFF's No. 27 grade among 88 qualified safeties in pass coverage. Conte turned 27 in February and has forced 11 turnovers over the past three years. He'll return as the Bucs' starting free safety.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
The same could have been said of McPhee prior to joining the Bears. If the Bears believe he is a legit starter then that is how they should pay him.

McPhee played a lot more snaps at a much higher level. I mean if those things were true of Hicks don't you think he'd already be signed?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I bet she's a bitch and a dyke! If she didn't always have dem patches on I'd nut in her eye!

ron-simmons-damn-o.gif