Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Looks like Elway said Travathan is going to test the market. That bodes well for us. Seems like Denver is focusing on Miller, Osweiler and Jackson for now.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Looks like Elway said Travathan is going to test the market. That bodes well for us. Seems like Denver is focusing on Miller, Osweiler and Jackson for now.

That's the right call for them. I'm hoping we could get Trevathan for 7.5-8 mil per year. Might take 9+

Gipson is a guy I'd love in the 6-7 range.

If we could get both of those guys for 15 mil a year or under, I'd be ecstatic.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Denver needs to completely focus on that defense

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If Morris Claiborne is cut and comes cheap (he should) he would be an interesting project.

I have always thought he would be an interesting signing, if the price is right I would jump all over it. I just wouldn't sign him and expect him to lock down one side of the field. Project is the correct term.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Kaepernick has requested permission to seek a trade. Per NFLN ticker

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Good news, but Oakland may be lurking as well with deep pockets and a need at ILB.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Kaepernick has requested permission to seek a trade. Per NFLN ticker

It is hard to trust anything that ESPN spews at us now days. Just yesterday, ESPN said that he would be on the team April 1st. It seems like reporters would rather be the first to report something rather than the make an accurate report.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
It is hard to trust anything that ESPN spews at us now days. Just yesterday, ESPN said that he would be on the team April 1st. It seems like reporters would rather be the first to report something rather than the make an accurate report.

Lol what? It was the 49ers GM that said that he fully expected Kapernick to be on the team April 1st. So now ESPN is spewing rumors and conjecture because they are reporting what the GM of the 49ers stated? Mkay....

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Lol what? It was the 49ers GM that said that he fully expected Kapernick to be on the team April 1st. So now ESPN is spewing rumors and conjecture because they are reporting what the GM of the 49ers stated? Mkay....

No, I am talking about today's news about the trade request. Who knows how accurate Kaplan's "sources" are on that.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
No, I am talking about today's news about the trade request. Who knows how accurate Kaplan's "sources" are on that.

You mean Kapernick's agent?

And you stated the comment about being on the roster April 1st. You didn't say anything in your initial comment about the trade request. So yes, you was talking about the GM's statement.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Good news, but Oakland may be lurking as well with deep pockets and a need at ILB.
Hopefully Fox has his selling shoes on then, but I hear you. If the bidding gets too high, Pace will bow out.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
You mean Kapernick's agent?

And you stated the comment about being on the roster April 1st. You didn't say anything in your initial comment about the trade request. So yes, you was talking about the GM's statement.

What the fuck?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
What the fuck?

Yeah, fucking exactly. Get your shit straight.

I have seen nowhere where his agent mentioned anything about Kapernick and April 1st. However, "San Francisco 49ers general manager Trent Baalke told Bay Area media that he expects Colin Kaepernick to be on the roster April 1 when his 2016 base salary comes due."

So yeah...

And as far as I've seen the trade rumor originated from NFL's media Rand Gatlin. But a few others besides he and Kaplan have run with it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who gives a shit about Kap?

I really hope that the Broncos cannot get a deal done with Von Miller and have to tag him, Malik Jackson needs to hit the market, so Oakland can sign him and we can get Trevathan.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who gives a shit about Kap?

I really hope that the Broncos cannot get a deal done with Von Miller and have to tag him, Malik Jackson needs to hit the market, so Oakland can sign him and we can get Trevathan.
I think some folks are hoping that SF keeps Kap, rather than lose him and have to draft a qb in front of us.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think some folks are hoping that SF keeps Kap, rather than lose him and have to draft a qb in front of us.

Why would keeping Kaep prevent them from drafting a QB

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
2/25: The Bears are interested in re-signing Shea McClellin. They're going to let Zach Miller test the market. They're also presumably listening to trade offers for Martellus Bennett. - Dan Wiederer, Chicago Tribune

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors/freeagency#6bEd4O5Jl5pi9rUq.99
Despite some common 'pop' angst against Shea around here, Bears re-signing Shea was the most obvious call of the FA's. He's more valuable to the Bears than any other team (as a serviceable Fangio play calling ILB backup who can compete for a starting position in his 2nd year at ILB).

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I really liked Miller, but if he's asking too much then w/e. I hadn't kept up with him, but last year was an unsually good year or something right?. If so might as well try and find the future TE somewhere in the draft.