Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Free-agent LB James Laurinaitis is flying in tonight and will visit with the Falcons on Tuesday. #RiseUp

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I get that.

My goal for free agency on the OL is that I never hear the name Vlad Ducasse again.

I don't know what that has to do with Sweezy. Trading garbage for garbage still leaves you with garbage. I will give you Sweezy has potential, but he's worse then Ducasse. And that's really saying something.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Getting at least 1 draft pick In return.

Early rumor is that they are swapping first rounders, so the Eagles wil move to #8 from #13.

Then again I recall the Foles/Bradford trade first being reported that we swapped picks up to get Mariota...

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Early rumor is that they are swapping first rounders, so the Eagles wil move to #8 from #13.

Then again I recall the Foles/Bradford trade first being reported that we swapped picks up to get Mariota...

There goes Goff if true

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
It's worded a little funny but what he meant is 2 are already done, a DL and a CB.

Then there are 6 others they are negotiating with and they are hoping to sign 3 of them but they will get at least 2 of them. One of those 6 is Malik Jackson per the FA thread.

So that's 4-5.

I don't know if his info is correct but we'll see soon and I hope he is right.

He also said Hicks was not one of the "done" signings. Maybe Jaye Howard or Ian Williams

Komodo Dragon

Liked Posts:
My guess/maybe doable list is

1) Danny Trevathon
2) Akiem Hicks
3) David Bruton
4) Patrick Robinson
5) Brandon Brooks
6) Morris Claiborne

One major FA, two middle tiers and the rest. Also resigning Jenkins is a must , and Porter and Miller would be nice

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
There goes Goff if true

I don't know about that. I'm thinking they are targetting Stanley, Hargreaves or maybe Bosa if he falls. The 2 year deal on Bradford makes it a bit more dicey to go QB that early.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
There goes Goff if true

That would be dumb if the Dolphins did that. Acquiring Maxwell was bad enough.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For instance, I remember watching this game and seeing him do THAT [video=youtube;dsMmgvtesDc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsMmgvtesDc[/video]

That was literally the highlight of his year. It was all downhill from there. In week 1.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My guess/maybe doable list is

1) Danny Trevathon
2) Akiem Hicks
3) David Bruton
4) Patrick Robinson
5) Brandon Brooks
6) Morris Claiborne

One major FA, two middle tiers and the rest. Also resigning Jenkins is a must , and Porter and Miller would be nice

Did clairbourne get cut?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know about that. I'm thinking they are targetting Stanley, Hargreaves or maybe Bosa if he falls. The 2 year deal on Bradford makes it a bit more dicey to go QB that early.

Bradford isn't anywhere near reliable. So his two yr contract could be a nice bridge to develop Goff.

Komodo Dragon

Liked Posts:
He is an UFA, And has been a disappointment with Dallas. Maybe a change will do him good. Might get him at the league minimum.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I want Claiborne on a non guaranteed contract. A change of scenery and some motivation could do him some good, he was a monster in college and had fantastic cover skills and play making ability

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
When Mike is proven to be right, I hope everyone who has been talking mad shiz will all come here, eat your crow, and publicly apologize to the man.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is an UFA, And has been a disappointment with Dallas. Maybe a change will do him good. Might get him at the league minimum.

I thought he still had a year left but they wanted to cut him. Must've been wrong.

I brought his name up way early in the offseason at some point. He was drafted to play more of a man corner in Rob Ryan's D, didn't play well as a rookie (not uncommon for rookie CBs) and Rod runs more zone coverages.

So I do think there is still hope for Clairbourne in a scheme that may be better for him.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
When Mike is proven to be right, I hope everyone who has been talking mad shiz will all come here, eat your crow, and publicly apologize to the man.

Proven right? How could he not be with these vague, obvious predictions?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Proven right? How could he not be with these vague, obvious predictions?

He's explained why he has had to be vague, he can't give out info he hasn't received yet. Have some damn patience.