Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Ra's al Ghul

Stuck in the Lazarus Pit
Liked Posts:
Ok
I mentioned that 2 Bears deals done
And 6 others with hopes of signing 2 or 3 of the 6

1 of the 6 is 100% Malik J from Denver . Bears have had multiple discussions with agent. There is hot n heavy talks with O linemen from AFC not sure team yet
So those are 2 of 6 discussions going on

I'm finding out little by little things

I hope you're right dude. Folks tend to overreact when free agency comes around

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
I think Casey Hayward, is a very real possibility.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
Jesus guys, it's someone's alt troll account...

Thank you, honestly this is all I was looking for. I felt like I was going crazy. Probably am. People like me are probably the reasons the troll job has gone on for so long.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I think Casey Hayward, is a very real possibility.

I just looked at the list of all the corner FA's available and it just does not make sense to me to pay inflated FA money to a slightly above average cornerback. The only two corners on this list that make sense to pay big money for without waiting to see if they can get someone at a discount is Janoris Jenkins and Sean Smith. However Smith is more of a gamble because he has a rep for giving up big plays too often to go along with his above average abilities. To my mind that leaves Jenkins.

A side note if the Bears do sign a quality starter for DL and CB then the first round pick leans heavily to OT like I have been saying for months.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
maybe they went for a cheaper CB like Jeremy Lane......there was a lot of talk about him earlier in the season......add Akeem Hicks to the list of the 2 already signed.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ugh. I would have loved Alonso on the Bears. Great young MLB, who's injuries have kind of overshadowed his performance when healthy.

He didn't play particularly well this year

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
While we need tons of help on D, I would love to bolster our OL this off season. Plus add a serviceable TE. It felt like Jay was under siege all season last year. In FA I'd like to add a OLB, OL, and TE. In the draft I'd like to DL, CB, QB and safety.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Now i know why you have a brown nose......actually your whole head is brown so you're really up in there deep.

Let's keep the racist remarks to a minimum. Dorkchop.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
He didn't play particularly well this year

Full disclosure, I did not watch many of his games, but when I did, I saw him making plays. A little bit tough to judge considering he was hurt (again) and Chip Kelly ran a ship as tight as a 55 year old prostitute, I think he was more a victim of circumstance rather than showing regression from his pretty impressive first few years. All things considered, I'd have liked the guy to be a Bear.

Poppasmurf

Liked Posts:
For instance, I remember watching this game and seeing him do THAT [video=youtube;dsMmgvtesDc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsMmgvtesDc[/video]

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
maybe they went for a cheaper CB like Jeremy Lane......there was a lot of talk about him earlier in the season......add Akeem Hicks to the list of the 2 already signed.

I do not think they would sign a cheaper CB given its importance as someone right out of the FA shoot. That means they ponied up top or near the top money for these guys as opposed to their agents letting FA play out a bit to see how much more they can squeeze out of the teams. The only other factor would be if a player is totally sold on playing for the Bears. Ian Williams for example played for Fangio already.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Ok
I mentioned that 2 Bears deals done
And 6 others with hopes of signing 2 or 3 of the 6

1 of the 6 is 100% Malik J from Denver . Bears have had multiple discussions with agent. There is hot n heavy talks with O linemen from AFC not sure team yet
So those are 2 of 6 discussions going on

I'm finding out little by little things
we all know they are in the Malik sweepstakes that isn't new, I hope they sign him and as far as the oline I hope its allen

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Cutler to Jets?

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would be extremely happy with Jackson and Trevathan.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He's pretty meh. Not flashy, but serviceable.

People forget that not every signing has to be a splash signing. The goal here is to win FA, and that means that sometimes you have to say no to overpaying for some of these guys that overproduced, and sign some middle of the road guys like sweezy.

I get that.

My goal for free agency on the OL is that I never hear the name Vlad Ducasse again.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This should be fun....2 are done deals!!
There are 6 others very close but Bears will try to sign 2 of those 6
Best case scenario 3 of the 6
Worst case looks like 2 of 6
"Bears to sign 4 possibly 5 players this week"

So it's definitely going to be either two, three, four, or five.

post-28035-robert-deniro-you-are-good-my-8fx9.gif

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I get that.

My goal for free agency on the OL is that I never hear the name Vlad Ducasse again.

No kidding. just watching him on Hard Knocks was enough for me. The dude is not good and is a penalty machine.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Bears to sign 4 possibly 5 players this week"

So it's definitely going to be either two, three, four, or five.

post-28035-robert-deniro-you-are-good-my-8fx9.gif

It's worded a little funny but what he meant is 2 are already done, a DL and a CB.

Then there are 6 others they are negotiating with and they are hoping to sign 3 of them but they will get at least 2 of them. One of those 6 is Malik Jackson per the FA thread.

So that's 4-5.

I don't know if his info is correct but we'll see soon and I hope he is right.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter