Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

AussieBear

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 4m4 minutes ago
Just to clarify, I'm not the first one to pick up the Danny Trevathan signing. Simply passing along what info I received. #Bears

Sawit called it 2015... dont worry you can source the oz....

also... whats all this i didnt want to sign malik at 15 per mumbo jumbo now from the malik bears camp.... 14 mil was okay..."you go out and make that deal regardless"..... but at 15 .... nah didnt want him, rather have some second tier guy...

AussieBear

We just need Aussie to tell us again ad nauseum that DT would rather sign with a Florida team than the bear's. Even after he said during superbowl week he'd love to play for Fox again.

#becausehomestate #Becausetaxes lock it up.

malik to fl.....

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Trevathan, Jenkins, Hicks or Howard, McLeod, and Allen....

Get it done Pace!

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Trevathan, McCleod, Hicks and Allen would be one heck of a haul. I would say they will target a CB...other than Jeremy Lane, any news?

Mitchapalooza

The #Buccaneers have officially cut LB Bruce Carter after just a single season. TB also re-signed S Keith Tandy:

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Bruce Carter cut was announced a day or two ago...

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
oh, well a bucs writer just tweeted that.

Profootballrumors apparently don't know the difference between Bruce Irvin and Bruce Carter.

I also don't know if their are both a Keith and a Chris Tandy in the NFL.

55380ef3a37f3f1a1aedd3f32c4ef509.jpg

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Bruce Carter would be a cheap LB option if Shea goes elsewhere......Very Cheap lol

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I am expecting Shea back and another mid to late round LB be added to the mix to compete.

ILB:
Trevathan
Shea
3rd-5th round pick
Christian Jones
Timu

Bears27

Liked Posts:
I am expecting Shea back and another mid to late round LB be added to the mix to compete.

ILB:
Trevathan
Shea
3rd-5th round pick
Timu

I believe they'll sign another LB to go with Trevathan, the next one probably being a low-risk/high reward type: Donald Butler/Bruce Carter/Erin Henderson. I would look for an old-school type LB that can crash the line, take on/shed blocks, & stuff the run. The LB talent in the draft is fairly thin, so they may want to cover their butts and get two guaranteed starters before the draft. Then anything you add afterwards is essentially depth/competition.

I wouldn't even entertain resigning Shea until you get all or most of your targeted FA players. If a team wants to spend and sign him, Mazel Tov, but no use trying to tie him up when there are better options that can be had for cheaper. That doesn't mean I don't like Shea, for the right price he's a decent young backup.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe they'll sign another LB to go with Trevathan, the next one probably being a low-risk/high reward type: Donald Butler/Bruce Carter/Erin Henderson. I would look for an old-school type LB that can crash the line, take on/shed blocks, & stuff the run. The LB talent in the draft is fairly thin, so they may want to cover their butts and get two guaranteed starters before the draft. Then anything you add afterwards is essentially depth/competition.

I wouldn't even entertain resigning Shea until you get all or most of your targeted FA players. If a team wants to spend and sign him, Mazel Tov, but no use trying to tie him up when there are better options that can be had for cheaper. That doesn't mean I don't like Shea, for the right price he's a decent young backup.

I think there's a pretty good chance they re-sign him. Just be prepared. I'm prepared so I don't get too pissed

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Mitchapalooza

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
The two teams now making the strongest push for Broncos free-agent LB Danny Trevathan are Atlanta and Chicago, per sources.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 4m4 minutes ago
Just to clarify, I'm not the first one to pick up the Danny Trevathan signing. Simply passing along what info I received. #Bears

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 2m2 minutes ago
#Bears far from done in FA market. DE Akiem Hicks, OL Louis Vasquez & S Rodney McLeod are all names to keep an eye in the coming days.

I'm not so hot on R.McLeod as i am on T.Gipson or Bruton but i can't say i'd complain if we did sign him.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

ILB:
Trevathan
Shea
3rd-5th round pick
Christian Jones
Timu

Anderson is better than Timu and Jones.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
The two teams now making the strongest push for Broncos free-agent LB Danny Trevathan are Atlanta and Chicago, per sources.

Damn those Falcons....