Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would like targeting to turn into signing.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Exactly. If I read one more asshat on Twitter saying the #Bears are targeting Trevathan I'm going to rip my dick off. Not targeting. SIGNING!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Except he isn't breaking news, just saying he is hearing some crazy shit:
Tracy Porter ‏@__TPorter__ 23m23 minutes ago
Wow lol, the news I just got...#crazy

No different than Long's:

Kyle Verified account
‏@Ky1eLong

Whatever happens in free agency I hope people understand there are really tough decisions being made. Don't hate the player hate the game

Both obviously have heard things. Not sure what isn't to believe.

I could easily see both of these referencing Forte to GB.

I just think that if Forte had already made a deal with Green Bay that the news would have leaked. That would be a pretty impressive tight ship to hold given that Green Bay doesn't make splash signings that often and the uniqueness of the signing.

Forte shades of Jay

Liked Posts:
Why wouldn't Porter's agent be looking for the best deal for his client anyways. It's not like he automatically has to stay here waiting to see if the Bears will offer him a contract. I'm sure every team would like to retain all their previous players that they plan on moving forward with. Unfortunately unless you tag them it is the players choice.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I just think that if Forte had already made a deal with Green Bay that the news would have leaked. That would be a pretty impressive tight ship to hold given that Green Bay doesn't make splash signings that often and the uniqueness of the signing.

Peppers deal was not leaked until he did so himself. Green Bay does run a tight ship and players would definitely know before reporters.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why wouldn't Porter's agent be looking for the best deal for his client anyways. It's not like he automatically has to stay here waiting to see if the Bears will offer him a contract. I'm sure every team would like to retain all their previous players that they plan on moving forward with. Unfortunately unless you tag them it is the players choice.

I am sure he was shopping around.

Doesn't mean Porter won't be shocked when the Bears tell him they don't want him back, regardless of the price he finds on the market.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

Exactly. If I read one more asshat on Twitter saying the #Bears are targeting Trevathan I'm going to rip my dick off. Not targeting. SIGNING!
Well how in the hell is that suppose to happen before 3PM CST tomorrow?

BPo001

Liked Posts:

Perhaps Forte just texted/called those 2 to inform him of his plans? Assuming the tweets are even about him..

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Keep your dick for one more day... I'm sure we'll sign someone tomorrow. You know, the first day we actually CAN sign someone.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Perhaps Forte just texted/called those 2 to inform him of his plans? Assuming the tweets are even about him..

One of my buddies at work who is a huge homer Packers fan said he would be shocked beyond belief if Forte signed with Green Bay. Personally, I don't think it helps them that much given his age and the fact they still are going to start Lacy, but we shall see.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Keep your dick for one more day... I'm sure we'll sign someone tomorrow. You know, the first day we actually CAN sign someone.

Might end up being for more money. 8-9 million a year.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Aaron Leming -I've been told nothing has changed on the Trevathan front. #Bears still in active talks & expected to land him. https://t.co/3lBtXnIXBB

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
My sources tell me that we'll know more about signings tomorrow. They tell me the Bears will sign some players, or they won't.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I remember recently long saying that he will miss the conversations with Forte. I think they are close friends.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
My sources tell me that having all FA rumors on one long thread absolutely sucks beyond sucks.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
NFL Network's Rand Getlin reports free agent CB Janoris Jenkins will sign with the Giants when the market opens late this afternoon.
The market officially opens at 4PM ET. The Giants were unable to land top free agent DE targets Charles Johnson and Mario Williams, but they'd do well to emerge with a pairing of Jenkins and someone like Olivier Vernon, whose transition tag is expected to be rescinded by the Dolphins. Jenkins, 27, would give the G-Men a high-upside bookend across from Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. Fellow free agent Prince Amukamara is poised to leave the Big Apple.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Yahoo's Charles Robinson reports "it's believed" the Dolphins will rescind Olivier Vernon's transition tag.
FOX Sports' Alex Marvez said Tuesday he is "getting strong vibes" the Dolphins will revoke the tag. With Mario Williams locked up, Miami likely feels more comfortable letting Vernon walk. It is still a horrific decision. Rescinding the tag would at least allow the Dolphins to recoup a compensatory pick when Vernon inevitably signs elsewhere.

49ers re-signed NT Ian Williams to a five-year contract.
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Mar 9 - 6:39 AM

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So much for all that beach talk from Jenkins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk