Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Jeff Dickerson ‏@DickersonESPN 10m10 minutes ago
#Bears also resumed negotiations yesterday with TE Zach Miller, another veteran in-line for a pay bump, especially given robust TE market.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
not much information who else the bears are pursuing other than hicks, but now that jenkins is off the market i assume pace will be giving out more 1-2yr deals to guys like robinson, claiborne, amukamara, grimes etc..

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 9m9 minutes ago
I'm told OL Chris Clark has agreed a two-year, $6M deal with the #Texans. May be the first ever swing-tackle to get $3M per year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Danny Trevathan's hometown paper, the Dailey Commercial is reporting he is signing with the Bears.

http://m.dailycommercial.com/sports/article_299268be-56df-56be-944a-410b04fe4fd3.html?mode=jqm

Former Leesburg High School football standout Danny Trevathan, who played a big factor in Denver’s victory in Super Bowl 50 against Carolina, is expected to sign a multi-year contract possibly as early as Wednesday with the Chicago Bears, sources close to Trevathan told the Daily Commercial.

Trevathan’s deal will be a four-year contract worth at least $7 million per year, but sources said the deal is still being finalized and could end up being worth as much as $10 million before Trevathan signs it.

Last edited:

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Ed WerderVerified account
‏@Edwerderespn
As of now, #Dolphins consider trade with #Eagles to be dead. Deal had teams swapping spots in 1st round of draft, Eagles moving from 13 to 8

Looks like Maxwell has some kind of shoulder issue that is being looked at..

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
$12 mil per for Jenkins with the Giants. Lol

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

AussieBear

peeps getting crazy money.......

saw forte maybe to miami if miller signs else where...

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not hard to figure out IMO that Porter got weird that Jenkins set the market at 12 mil guaranteed.

Sucks, but not for that money. Sean Smith is also about to cash in. Still want the Bears to chase him though at the very least.

LB
DT
CB

That's all I want. No big deal Ryan. Get it done.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

AussieBear

Don't think Matt would follow to that mess.

i guess it depends on if he wants to carry the load...jets.... miami or tex (depending on miller)

if he wants to platoon, id say NE, SEA or GB..

maybe a sleeper like the colts??

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
According to ESPN Arizona

Bears are interested in OT Bobbie Massie

Good player, but would it mean Long to LT?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
why do you think they're a mess?

They are all over the place. It's like there is no plan. Tag Vernon, sign Williams, un-tag Vernon. Trade for a terrible corner with a shit contract and an oft-injured LB. Let a talented young RB walk out the door. Cut Grimes.

I dunno, I just can't tell what direction they are trying to go in.