Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The report said that Massie's market is well below the 8 million that was reported.

If It does bump Long back to OG, it is a more economical decision than an 8 million dollar OG.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
The report said that Massie's market is well below the 8 million that was reported.

If It does bump Long back to OG, it is a more economical decision than an 8 million dollar OG.

I was just telling my dad the other day, I would rather see them bring a tackle and move Long back to Guard instead of paying a guard tackle money....Long and Slausen back in the trenches is way better.

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brian McNally ‎@bmcnally14
#Redskins have re-signed ILB Mason Foster, too, as others have reported. Wanted him back. Finished 2015 strong after being cut by #Bears

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
The #Bengals are closing in on a deal with star S George Iloka, source said. They should keep one of their own.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Damn it all to hell. The Bears went and unsigned the CB they had signed. That player should involve the NFLPA, as that sounds like a complete violation of the agreement. Do they not realize the spot that puts you in with your mole? You guys watch your backs and be safe.

At least that D lineman is still signed. Can't wait to see that 3 pm reveal.

Not that I believe this GatorMike dude but no one can officially sign a contract until today so no contract agreement is legally binding until they sign on the dotted line today. So it is entirely possible for a team or player to initially verbally agree to a deal but then change their minds or want more money as they see other signings changing the market value for a given position.

So there would not be a legally binding agreement in place for someone to be in violation of if they changed their minds prior to signing a contract today. That's what makes this legal tampering period so ridiculous.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 2m2 minutes ago
I'm told LB Rolando McClain has agreed to a deal that will keep him in Dallas with the #Cowboys.

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn 1m1 minute ago
Source says #Cowboys deal with MLB Rolando McClain is one year, $5 million

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming
‏@AaronLemingNFL
In addition to the #Bears opening back up talks w/ TE Zach Miller per @DickersonESPN, I'm told they also have interest in Ladarius Green.

Honestly, I hope the Bears sign Green. He is a physical freak.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Green would be an interesting signing..

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Not that I believe this GatorMike dude but no one can officially sign a contract until today so no contract agreement is legally binding until they sign on the dotted line today. So it is entirely possible for a team or player to initially verbally agree to a deal but then change their minds or want more money as they see other signings changing the market value for a given position.

So there would not be a legally binding agreement in place for someone to be in violation of if they changed their minds prior to signing a contract today. That's what makes this legal tampering period so ridiculous.
Thanks for the clarification.

:whoosh:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Raiders pass rush is going to be insane next season. Yikes.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So did we sign Danny T or what?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
On the score they announced that Rapaport tweeted that Bears are signing Trevathon for 5 years 59 million. They kinda sat there confused for a moment on why it was so high until someone realized it was a fake twitter account.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk