Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
So, your saying that the Bears are looking to fill needs in FA? Who would have thought? lol
I will hand it to you, you got his MO down pat!
Maybe a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, but this guy sounds like a joke.

No one has the drop on the Bears in the media, yet this random poster is getting all the goods?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Reporter in Chicago. Not sure if he's legit, but he was in on Trevathan news yesterday.

He guaranteed that the Bears were hiring Todd Bowles last year and then disappeared.

hester247

Liked Posts:
5 yr plan in full effect..seriously look at Bears roster and now look at Jaguars..whose would you rather have?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mike Silver

Atlanta the leading candidate to sign Alex Mack, hopefully takes them out of the market for Trevathan.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
5 yr plan in full effect..seriously look at Bears roster and now look at Jaguars..whose would you rather have?
Overpaying in free agency is a terrible way to build a team and the Jags have done it the past 2 years.

They have talent, but they also have some really bad deals that will come back to bite them.

Winning the free agency Super Bowl has been proven time and time again that it doesn't mean jack squat in terms of actually building a championship or even a playoff team.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Mike Silver

Atlanta the leading candidate to sign Alex Mack, hopefully takes them out of the market for Trevathan.
I saw 'leading candidate' and my heart sank because I thought it was about Trevathan. I need to take a break.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
Cardinals Beat Writer Josh Weinfuss

"Hearing that soon-to-be former #AZCardinals T Bobby Massie has interest from Bears and Giants but his market isn't near $8M/year yet."

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He guaranteed that the Bears were hiring Todd Bowles last year and then disappeared.

So based on the law of averages he's got a higher chance of being right on this one, right?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Cardinals Beat Writer Josh Weinfuss

"Hearing that soon-to-be former #AZCardinals T Bobby Massie has interest from Bears and Giants but his market isn't near $8M/year yet."

Massie is a very athletic tackle that I wanted at the right price. I'm not sure $8M/year is the right price...

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Gator land Mike: question for you - are the bears looking at any free agents from the NFC? That insider info would be huge. Thx

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Not that I believe this GatorMike dude but no one can officially sign a contract until today so no contract agreement is legally binding until they sign on the dotted line today. So it is entirely possible for a team or player to initially verbally agree to a deal but then change their minds or want more money as they see other signings changing the market value for a given position.

So there would not be a legally binding agreement in place for someone to be in violation of if they changed their minds prior to signing a contract today. That's what makes this legal tampering period so ridiculous.

Shhhh, you just gave him the excuse he's gonna use when none of his predictions come true again.

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Damnit, I have a feeling we are going to lose free agency.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Bengals re-signed S George Iloka to a five-year, $30 million contract.
Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Colin Kaepernick "appears to be" the Broncos' "backup plan" if they cannot re-sign free agent QB Brock Osweiler.
Pro Football Talk mentioned Kaepernick as a possibility for Denver earlier Wednesday. With Peyton Manning retired and Osweiler flirting with the Texans, the Broncos could find themselves with just 2015 seventh rounder Trevor Siemian on the roster by the end of the day. Kaepernick could thrive in a game-manager role in Denver, but relying on him alone at quarterback would be an extremely risky gamble. Denver needs to have a backup plan for their backup plan.
Related: Broncos
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Colin Kaepernick "appears to be" the Broncos' "backup plan" if they cannot re-sign free agent QB Brock Osweiler.
Pro Football Talk mentioned Kaepernick as a possibility for Denver earlier Wednesday. With Peyton Manning retired and Osweiler flirting with the Texans, the Broncos could find themselves with just 2015 seventh rounder Trevor Siemian on the roster by the end of the day. Kaepernick could thrive in a game-manager role in Denver, but relying on him alone at quarterback would be an extremely risky gamble. Denver needs to have a backup plan for their backup plan.
Related: Broncos
Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

I was hoping Cutler to the Bronco's for two firsts and a third.......

hester247

Liked Posts:
Overpaying in free agency is a terrible way to build a team and the Jags have done it the past 2 years.

They have talent, but they also have some really bad deals that will come back to bite them.

Winning the free agency Super Bowl has been proven time and time again that it doesn't mean jack squat in terms of actually building a championship or even a playoff team.

I normally would agree with you 100% its not the way to rebuild and recent Super Bowl teams have shown this to be the case....however when you are on the bottom of the league in terms of talent and have a boatload of money to spend you need to make some moves..and not moves that just are 1 yr plugs...So in past 2 yrs the Bears have jettisoned arguably 3/4 top offensive players in Marshall, Forte, and now likely Bennett. Pace then is forced to draft players to vacate the holes he fills while still never improving the rest of the roster. At some point you need to pay to get real talent on the team while continuing to draft well.

Reactions: WCL

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I normally would agree with you 100% its not the way to rebuild and recent Super Bowl teams have shown this to be the case....however when you are on the bottom of the league in terms of talent and have a boatload of money to spend you need to make some moves..and not moves that just are 1 yr plugs...So in past 2 yrs the Bears have jettisoned arguably 3/4 top offensive players in Marshall, Forte, and now likely Bennett. Pace then is forced to draft players to vacate the holes he fills while still never improving the rest of the roster. At some point you need to pay to get real talent on the team while continuing to draft well.
That still doesn't mean you overpay in free agency. Have you seen some of these contracts being thrown around?

Just because you have money to spend doesn't mean you spend it irresponsibly, which is exactly what Jacksonville has done the past 2 years.