Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also getting a bad vibe. Seems like we haven't announced signings not because of the tampering period but because we're low balling players.

Not that wise when you have the 3rd largest cap in the league

We don't have the 3rd largest cap per www.overthecap.com (we are 7th)

And can you please spare us the vaginal discharge until maybe 24-48 hours AFTER free agency has started?

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Listening to NFL Network right now, apparently Julius Peppers is the one lobbying hard for Matt Forte to join the Packers.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Listening to NFL Network right now, apparently Julius Peppers is the one lobbying hard for Matt Forte to join the Packers.
Julius can fuck off. He's working harder to recruit Forte than he worked in his final year as a Bear.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Yeah but that still doesn't mean you give a $90 million contract to a guy who started just 1 year and might not be an impact player.

It's all relative. Let's say Jackson turns out to be a guy who goes to the Probowl most years while he's under that contract. His $90M contract will look pretty good in 3-4 years when DTs around his age and production are getting $130-150M deals.

Again, the expectation is that a combination of new revenue streams (Thursday night games, betting/fantasy websites, Europe expansion, LA market more activated, etc...) will boost the normal cap growth, so teams are factoring that into the contracts they are offering.

Let's take the Cutler contract as an example (because all things come back to Cutler). It was a horrible deal signed in 2014 whom many hated/bashed. Let's flash forward to now. Considering Brock Osweiler is turning down $15M/year for his 11 total TDs the Cutler contract is starting to look pretty good.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
It's all relative. Let's say Jackson turne out to be a guy who goes to the Probowl most years. His $90M contract will look pretty good in 3-4 years when DTs around his age and production are getting $130-150M deals.

Again, the expectation is that a combination of new revenue streams (Thursday night games, betting/fantasy websites, Europe expansion, LA market more activated, etc...) will boost the normal cap growth.

Let's take the Cutler contract as an example. It was a horrible deal whom many hated/bashed. Considering Brock Osweiler is turning down $15M for his 11 total TDs the Cutler contract is starting to look pretty good.
Malik Jackson was a good player on a great defense. He didn't flash anything more than that. Cap rising or not, it's a bad deal.

And of course it's a team like Jacksonville that gives it to him.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Fuck!!! My #2 realistic want

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Likewise. I was hoping for that one. Curious what the guaranteed amount was. Seems like we could have topped those numbers. Hoping we get at least one DB that is young and proven rather than the old vet band aid approach. Fuller and Amos need some compadres.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
With the Salary Cap increasing, no matter who we sign today, we are going to over pay for now. Looking at it two years from now, we will probably say it was a good contract if we sign the right player(s) with the cap expected to keep going up and the contracts getting more and more expensive.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
We don't have the 3rd largest cap per www.overthecap.com (we are 7th)

And can you please spare us the vaginal discharge until maybe 24-48 hours AFTER free agency has started?

Once the Bears actually sign someone maybe I'll pipe down but until then complaints are justified.

If the Bears were perennial contenders I could see them playing it safe in FA but they currently suck and have for a long time, gotta make some big moves to close the talent gap

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any news on Gipson?

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Once the Bears actually sign someone maybe I'll pipe down but until then complaints are justified.

If the Bears were perennial contenders I could see them playing it safe in FA but they currently suck and have for a long time, gotta make some big moves to close the talent gap

I hate to go Aaron Rodgers on you but...

R E L A X

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 18s19 seconds ago
The #Cowboys and #Seahawks are among the teams interested in #Eagles DL Cedric Thornton. His market's starting to heat up.

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
Damn it all to hell. The Bears went and unsigned the CB they had signed. That player should involve the NFLPA, as that sounds like a complete violation of the agreement. Do they not realize the spot that puts you in with your mole? You guys watch your backs and be safe.

At least that D lineman is still signed. Can't wait to see that 3 pm reveal.

Crazy right? And the Dolphis deal didn't go thru either. All this flip flopping by teams I just don't understand how things can change last minute.
Let's get the President and Senate involved.
Everything is clear cut and never ever any bumps in the road or change in plans.

You would make the gosh dam worst GM ever. Guess that's why you're a foot dr

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
Ugh, I thought free agency started today at 12 EST. Gotta wait four more hours? Brutal.

Mitchapalooza

Crazy right? And the Dolphis deal didn't go thru either. All this flip flopping by teams I just don't understand how things can change last minute.
Let's get the President and Senate involved.
Everything is clear cut and never ever any bumps in the road or change in plans.

You would make the gosh dam worst GM ever. Guess that's why you're a foot dr

the eagles trade DID go through after all.

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
'The Gator' is a damn American Saint! He's here dropping knowledge ,like Donald Trump, trying to save America and you are hating on him. You are just a bunch of thirstly Rubio loving losers who couldn't build a wall if your lives depended on it (which it does!!!)!!!

giphy.gif

#MakeChiCitySportsGreatAgain

Whoa Pegger with the POST OF THE DAY!!! Like Trump I love you, I really do.
And like Trump I can't stand IUdoc