Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Once the Bears actually sign someone maybe I'll pipe down but until then complaints are justified.

If the Bears were perennial contenders I could see them playing it safe in FA but they currently suck and have for a long time, gotta make some big moves to close the talent gap

I'm more upset about the Bears not drafting anyone yet. The fuck is Pace doing?

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Doubt it happens but you know I would love if the Bears went all in on Olivier Vernon. Last year he led the league in quarterback hurries, with 41, and Pro Football Focus rated him as its third-best edge defender in 2015, behind Von Miller and Khalil Mack. Only 25 years old, hitting his prime. It's rare guys like that hit the market. He's going to cost a lot but I think it would be worth it. We could trade Young and/or Houston to some 4-3 team.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 35s35 seconds ago

#Broncos continue to work on restructuring deals for LT Ryan Clady & LB DeMarcus Ware. The hope & belief is both stay in Denver.

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 2m2 minutes ago

TE Antonio Gates earned a two-year, $12M deal from the #Chargers. Has meant so much to that franchise. Will likely finish his career in SD.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Malik Jackson was a good player on a great defense. He didn't flash anything more than that. Cap rising or not, it's a bad deal.

And of course it's a team like Jacksonville that gives it to him.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

It's real tough to say it's a bad deal at this time. Did signing Jackson disallow them to get another FA? It's too early to tell. Has Jackson underperformed based on his contract? Again, it's too early to tell.

Let's say he magically becomes the next JJ Watt and some how the Jags were the only ones to spot his potential. In that case it's a good deal.

Personally I think it will be more like the Jags TE signing from last year, Julius Thomas, who underwhelmed in an injury filled first season.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago
More on a potential #49ers deal with #Broncos for Colin Kaepernic: John Elway has as close a relationship with Trent Baalke as with any GM.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'm more upset about the Bears not drafting anyone yet. The fuck is Pace doing?

Adding to your point, The pending FA moves this year didn't help him win the Superbowl last year...

He fucked this thing up before it even started...

Reactions: WCL

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
I hate the un-signing.

If Trevathan un-signs I am going to burn Atlanta to the ground....

Wait someone did that already? Damn it.

Pace is trying his best but these FA are seeing crazy $$ and agents going back asking for more
We might not get Trev ...I'm serious we may not get him....

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Pace is trying his best but these FA are seeing crazy $$ and agents going back asking for more

Everyone on this board will be drinking the Jim Jones Kool-Aid if that happens lol

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

Lol what great insider info

What happened to your "done deals"?

Rise

Liked Posts:
With this large jump in salary cap everyone has money to spend so you have to overpay. The other option is to sit back and let all these teams fill up their new cap and be in a better position in the next few years. It sucks but that might be what we are looking at doing. Staying patient, build threw the draft. Anyone want to buy season tickets for this year? Lol

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
With this large jump in salary cap everyone has money to spend so you have to overpay. The other option is to sit back and let all these teams fill up their new cap and be in a better position in the next few years. It sucks but that might be what we are looking at doing. Staying patient, build threw the draft. Anyone want to buy season tickets for this year? Lol

That works well if you already have a good team we do not.

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
I really hope that you are wrong.

I do too but GMs are tying to be smart
Denver thought they had Brock now it's not 100% because the agent going to Houston for more$$
Several other "deals" with multiple teams are folding like cheap Walmart chairs...

I think we may see more activity in the next few days or next week if these asking prices continue to rise....
There are not many quality FA on market so they are driving up asking prices

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
this can't be, wikipedia says he is a chicago bears and wikipedia is always right

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I really hope that you are wrong.

Contray to my earlier post I think the Bears need to grab a core defender. Someone that they want the other players in the locker room to gravitate to when things go sideways. Ideally it's an ILB position, but that type of leadership can come from other spots on the field.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Crazy right? And the Dolphis deal didn't go thru either. All this flip flopping by teams I just don't understand how things can change last minute.
Let's get the President and Senate involved.
Everything is clear cut and never ever any bumps in the road or change in plans.

You would make the gosh dam worst GM ever. Guess that's why you're a foot dr

I cant really blame the agents for trying to squeeze more money from the tight fisted Bears. If Pace wants to see his master plan happen he apparently is going to have to pay more money than he thought he was. I do not believe the Bears are pursuing Damon Harrison but now that Ian Williams is off the market I would prefer Harrison to Hicks because NT's are rarer than 5techs with pass rush skills. Harrison Eddie and a good not great LDE would be a formidable run stopping front three. If only Pace would consider trading for Wilkerson and making a trade with the Jets. That would thicken the plot real fast in Halas Hall.