Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Which again is the sign of a poorly run organization. If they have to give out on contracts like that to reach their floor, that doesn't bode well for their future. Look, Malik was going to get paid by someone. Free Agency always happens this way and it's usually the teams like Jacksonville or Miami who end of shelling out the dollars, which isn't surprising when you see how bad their organizations are.

Bad teams give out bad contracts. Happens every year in every sport.

Which like I said, is the sign of a poorly run organization. Having to shell out money like that to hit your salary cap floor is a poor way to run and build an organization. There are teams like Jacksonville in every sport. Overpay and under perform.

Not necessarily. They simply saved their money until such time that they felt it would be needed. The 4 year period for the minimum spend is 2013 to 2016. There was little reason for them to spend money earlier in that period when they were years away from competing and when they were drafting high every year. Now that the draft has yielded some pretty good young talent and they have more pieces in place, they set themselves up nicely to add to that free agents.

If you are going to rebuild, that's the way to do it IMO. Save your FA money, draft talent and then hopefully if you hit on that talent, you can pair young players with cheap contracts with more expensive vets. Malik Jackson is in his prime and so can grow with the rest of that young talent. So you pay him a ton now while you are paying Bortles, Robison, and Hurns peanuts and in 4 or 5 years time, you can get rid of Jackson or sign him to a more modest new deal reflective of his being 30 or 31 while you give the big money to the cheap young talent.

The Jackson deal has very little chance of being an issue provided Jackson remains healthy and plays like he always has because he is getting paid big money at a time when the other emerging talent on the team is relatively cheap.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
gettyimages-463831195.jpg

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Jeremy Stoltz ‏@BearReport 31s31 seconds ago
Remember, Jeff Allen is from Chicago and played at Illinois. He'd be coming home if he signs with #Bears.

Mitchapalooza

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
Among the teams interested in veteran RB Matt Forte: The #Jets and #Dolphins. His market will heat up when the other RBs sign.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Allen worries me a little bit. Knowing Andy Reid he knows how important the OL is and is committed to the position group. From my Philly days it wasn't often they let an OL walk in free agency that went on to have a great career with another team.

It just never happened.

I'm not trying to ruin your FA time, just to temper the expectations.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Allen worries me a little bit. Knowing Andy Reid he knows how important the OL is and is committed to the position group. From my Philly days it wasn't often they let an OL walk in free agency that went on to have a great career with another team.

It just never happened.

I'm not trying to ruin your FA time, just to temper the expectations.

They do not have the cap room.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
Among the teams interested in veteran RB Matt Forte: The #Jets and #Dolphins. His market will heat up when the other RBs sign.

I'm shocked that Dallas isn't at the table. He'd fit so well with what they do and at his age he wouldn't get the $6M/yr contracts that are going to Ivory, Miller and the other RB who's name is escaping me...

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don't worry, Cagbro is in Florida so he'll know of all the signings an hour before us, so just go to him for signings.

I'm in Atlanta so I'll let you know if the falcons fuck shit up for us

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
They do not have the cap room.

I agree, but they choose to keep other player over Allen. Hear me out. If Andy Reid, a former OL and offensvie guy, had limited cap space why would he choose to resign Tamba Hali over Allen? My conclusion is that Reid had to pick one and went with Hali because he's the better player.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
We should take donations before the next free agency period and fly someone to Europe so they can get us the scoop 6+ hours early.

Reactions: WCL

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree, but they choose to keep other player over Allen. Hear me out. If Andy Reid, a former OL and offensvie guy, had limited cap space why would he choose to resign Tamba Hali over Allen? My conclusion is that Reid had to pick one and went with Hali because he's the better player.

Hali is a multi time Pro Bowler and a decade long leader on their team, so yes he is better.

But the Chiefs are another team like the Broncos that have drafted so well that they are hemorrhaging talent in free agency.

supra8795

Liked Posts:
Damn, people on the west coast only have to wait 50 more minutes.

I can't remember who it was but it was on the old CBMB and some dude from Florida was serious when he said he would know who we drafted before us in the Midwest because of the time difference. lol

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 3m3 minutes ago
Brad Biggs Retweeted Alex Marvez
Word is market for G Jeff Allen could hover between $6 million and $7 million per season. Stay tuned.