Fukudome Wants to Remain in MLB with Cubs beyond 2011

AddisonStation

YamaHama it's fright nite
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plus, Fuks is going to be forced to take a pay cut anyway. No one is going to pay him his current salary.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
Ive thought about it a little bit more and 5 is too much for strictly a bench role but he would play more than a typical bench player.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Ive thought about it a little bit more and 5 is too much for strictly a bench role but he would play more than a typical bench player.

Which is why he should get $3M, instead of $1M-$2M.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which is why he should get $3M, instead of $1M-$2M.

Absolutely not. If Xavier fucking Nady can get 3.3 coming off an injury, Fuke can and should get 5.

You really don't get that he would still be getting 50ish starts and about 300ish PAs, do you? AND in case you haven't noticed, he does a lot better in smaller sample sizes. I could easily see him OPSing close to .900 in 300 PAs as a 4th OFer.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
I Know

I just don't think keeping the outfield crowded is the way they want to go. Just a guess.

Who knows if he will take a big cut though? He isn't Kerry Wood.

I used to be the biggest Kosuke fan, but I've turned on him rather recently.

I just don't see it working out.

Kosuke,.......... man he had his chance in 08 to produce, and all he was good for was opening day, and a bunch of walks. i dont see the Cubs wanting to keep an aging outfielder, when they could put a young guy outhere. And when i heard about KidK comin back, i didnt believe it, and couldnt believe his salary. He should have stayed with a contender, maybe not NYY. but he coulda been on a playoff ready roster. I hate to say it but hes still useful and will be wasted in with the Cubs.

AddisonStation

Donator
Liked Posts:
Kosuke,.......... man he had his chance in 08 to produce, and all he was good for was opening day, and a bunch of walks. i dont see the Cubs wanting to keep an aging outfielder, when they could put a young guy outhere. And when i heard about KidK comin back, i didnt believe it, and couldnt believe his salary. He should have stayed with a contender, maybe not NYY. but he coulda been on a playoff ready roster. I hate to say it but hes still useful and will be wasted in with the Cubs.

Why emphasize 08? That was arguably his worst season.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

God damn it! I HATE players who walk. They fucking suck, bro! I mean, getting on base?! That's fucking stupid. Just clogging the bases, that's all it is doing.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:

If he is our 4th OF i would be happy but i dont want him to be our everyday starter. Like CO said ill take his on base and d with a 4-5 mil a year contract.

Dan0mite

Liked Posts:

True wood could have gone to an expected contender (although I think the cubs could still contend) but he wanted to come home. I think he only sees himself playing a few more years and would love nothing more than to retire with the club that raised him. Also, if Fukudome comes back it would most likely be in a 4th or 5th outfielder role. Not as an aging starter. Most backups are rookies or aging, not in their prime.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think 5 mil is reasonable. Hes gonna be starting and playing utility a lot. And he has solid D with a good OBP. And he does not make or break a deal for Pujols. Jntg is approaching my ignore list with supersonic speed.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
I think 5 mil is reasonable. Hes gonna be starting and playing utility a lot. And he has solid D with a good OBP. And he does not make or break a deal for Pujols. Jntg is approaching my ignore list with supersonic speed.

Fine, whatever, 5 Mil, fine. I just think that's overpaying a bench player.

Outfield alone isn't really Utility.

His D in CF is just average. We need above average defense in each position from a backup.

Yes he does, we need every $ we can get if we want Pujols. We already may not be able to afford him.

Cool, ignore me for not wanting to throw $5 million at a bench player.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fine, whatever, 5 Mil, fine. I just think that's overpaying a bench player.

Outfield alone isn't really Utility.

His D in CF is just average. We need above average defense in each position from a backup.

Yes he does, we need every $ we can get if we want Pujols. We already may not be able to afford him.

Cool, ignore me for not wanting to throw $5 million at a bench player.
Woah don't throw a hissy fit about it. And it's in general. All of your arguments suck in my eyes. And 2+35=37 not 42 and we have 42 coming off the books. If we sign Pujols our cap is gonna go up or atleast it should. your missing the fact that the Cubs have a lot of money. The salary could be what the Yanks pay probably and we could handle it. But we have new management that is stilll getting settled in, and nobody ever goes up that high. And if you can't get Pujols who cares? let him go back to St. Louis and kill there cap. I'll take Fielder for cheaper

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Woah don't throw a hissy fit about it. And it's in general. All of your arguments suck in my eyes. And 2+35=37 not 42 and we have 42 coming off the books. If we sign Pujols our cap is gonna go up or atleast it should. your missing the fact that the Cubs have a lot of money. The salary could be what the Yanks pay probably and we could handle it. But we have new management that is stilll getting settled in, and nobody ever goes up that high. And if you can't get Pujols who cares? let him go back to St. Louis and kill there cap. I'll take Fielder for cheaper

Dews has explained why it will be hard for the Cubs to fit Pujols in and field a competitive team.

I didn't throw a hissy fit. I said to go ahead and do it, because I didn't care.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dews has explained why it will be hard for the Cubs to fit Pujols in and field a competitive team.

I didn't throw a hissy fit. I said to go ahead and do it, because I didn't care.

If you didn't care you would of simply ignored it instead of answering it. So you do care. And I think we can get Pujols and a couple good role players and win. Our salary isn't set in stone it all depends on what Ricketts wants to do with his team

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
If you didn't care you would of simply ignored it instead of answering it. So you do care. And I think we can get Pujols and a couple good role players and win. Our salary isn't set in stone it all depends on what Ricketts wants to do with his team

No, I don't care. I told you to go ahead, as it isn't a threat to me.

Depends on what you define as "good role players" too.

And what is the point of getting Pujols if you lose A-Ram? Whose going to protect Pujols so he doesn't get walked as much?

Granted, if we make a big trade summer, then fine. If we can get a big power hitter who can play 2B, then it makes more sense to me.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I don't care. I told you to go ahead, as it isn't a threat to me.

Depends on what you define as "good role players" too.

And what is the point of getting Pujols if you lose A-Ram? Whose going to protect Pujols so he doesn't get walked as much?

Granted, if we make a big trade summer, then fine. If we can get a big power hitter who can play 2B, then it makes more sense to me.

If you didn't care you still wouldn't be answering to it. And who says we can't get Rammy back?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
If you didn't care you still wouldn't be answering to it. And who says we can't get Rammy back?

Ummm... because about half of the money coming off the books is from A-Ram.

We have closer to 15 Million available after arbitration cases and everything if we bring A-Ram back. Pujols at 30 Million a year, and then Phillips or Johnson... that would require Ricketts to increase the payroll by about $25 Million.