Future QB Talk

laputan

Liked Posts:
Giving up a 1st round pick (and getting back Jimmy and say a 4rd round pick) would be fine with me. I actually think Jimmy > Kiz-aaya-tson. And Kizer will likely go 1st to the Browns, so Jimmy with 3 years of top level coaching only has to be better than a raw Kaaya or Watson, which he is.

Not only will we have our QB this year, but we can bring excitement to and enjoy the rest of the season instead of counting draft position.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Which of these have NFL potential??

We all hear about D.Kizer, B.Kaaya and D.Watson but there's a lot of other QB's that are coming out or could come out that have some serious potential, so which ones do you see as actual starters in the NFL or good backups with starter potential or just clip board holders?? I think M.Trubisky could really be something but don't know much about a lot of these other guys, i do remember L.Falk getting some love on here a while back.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-dr...ho-are-2017s-best-qb-prospects-152354454.html

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Clemson pulled one out by the skin of their teeth. I'm lukewarm as far as Watson in a Bears uni.

Miami vs UNC now. Kaaya and Trubisky are more intriguing as pro prospects IMO.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Clemson pulled one out by the skin of their teeth. I'm lukewarm as far as Watson in a Bears uni.

Miami vs UNC now. Kaaya and Trubisky are more intriguing as pro prospects IMO.

As someone that went to UNC, watches on TV most of the games, and attends a couple of games each year when I go back to NC, I'm going to have to disagree on Trubisky.

The dude had one of the worst games in the history of college football last year against VT. Obviously that was during heavy rains as a result of Hurricane Matthew but I don't see him holding up in NFC North weather in the late fall/winter.

The thing about Watson is that he shows up in big moments.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
As someone that went to UNC, watches on TV most of the games, and attends a couple of games each year when I go back to NC, I'm going to have to disagree on Trubisky.

The dude had one of the worst games in the history of college football last year against VT. Obviously that was during heavy rains as a result of Hurricane Matthew but I don't see him holding up in NFC North weather in the late fall/winter.

The thing about Watson is that he shows up in big moments.

The highest QB rating of all the QB's that had to play in North Carolina was like in the 70s. I don't think anyone threw for over 100 yards including Deshone Kizer. Bury all of the tapes of games played in the Carolina's last week.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Trubisky is the real deal as an NFL prospect. Throws guys open, anticipation, touch, strong arm, athletic, can roll to his left and thow on the run with accuracy which is hard for a right handed QB. Looks off Saftey and goes through his progressions. The only knock I can put on him is his lack of snaps from under center which is common for most of the bigger name QBs in this class.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The highest QB rating of all the QB's that had to play in North Carolina was like in the 70s. I don't think anyone threw for over 100 yards including Deshone Kizer. Bury all of the tapes of games played in the Carolina's last week.

And yet his was the worst. I'm not basing it on that that game alone. I'm basing it on every NC game I have watched this year which is all of them. There's no question he has put up great numbers but NC has a lot of weapons around him.

It's a bit of a moot point anyways as I doubt he comes out this year as I think he knows he needs another year of seasoning but we'll see.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
People need to stop looking at numbers and start looking at traits and intangibles. All those weapons who still drop a ton of passes.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
And yet his was the worst. I'm not basing it on that that game alone. I'm basing it on every NC game I have watched this year which is all of them. There's no question he has put up great numbers but NC has a lot of weapons around him.

It's a bit of a moot point anyways as I doubt he comes out this year as I think he knows he needs another year of seasoning but we'll see.

UNC has 2 big guys in Howard and Hollins. The bulk of his targets however go to the smaller speedier guys Switzer and Ricky Proehl's kid. It's not easy for your typical collegiate guy to accurately hit WR's of that size and he's money, especially throwing downfield. You're right that he he may need a bigger sample size, but money talks. If there's talk of Top 15 overall pick by anonymous scouts & NFL execs by the end of the season I don't see what else he has to prove at UNC(Or why he would want to prove it).

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
ND going with a QB change after Kizer threw picks on back to back drives.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
UNC has 2 big guys in Howard and Hollins. The bulk of his targets however go to the smaller speedier guys Switzer and Ricky Proehl's kid. It's not easy for your typical collegiate guy to accurately hit WR's of that size and he's money, especially throwing downfield. You're right that he he may need a bigger sample size, but money talks. If there's talk of Top 15 overall pick by anonymous scouts & NFL execs by the end of the season I don't see what else he has to prove at UNC(Or why he would want to prove it).

Most of his passes to Switzer and Proehl are 10 yards or less. They then get alot of YAC because of their lateral quickness and speed. That's why today for example when he didn't get a lot of YAC, Switzer had 9 catches for 1.7 yards a catch.

I'd be shocked if Trubisky gets 1st round consideration at all frankly but like I said I guess we'll find out.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Luke Falk is a boss. I don't see anyone make NFL level throws like he does on a weekly basis.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Most of his passes to Switzer and Proehl are 10 yards or less. They then get alot of YAC because of their lateral quickness and speed. That's why today for example when he didn't get a lot of YAC, Switzer had 9 catches for 1.7 yards a catch.

I'd be shocked if Trubisky gets 1st round consideration at all frankly but like I said I guess we'll find out.

The top of the draft is far from settled with Kaaya and Watson beginning to look lukewarm. 3-4 teams will be looking for a QB and with however many games left. I think Kizer is gone because Kelly is a goddamn lunatic, but with Kaaya slowing down and anonymous scouts supposedly being down on Watson the opportunity to intrigue a QB needy team is definitely there. Trubisky is gonna lose Logan, Hollins, Switzer and possibly Hood as well. With 6 or 7 weeks to go if he's on fire to end the year I just don't see why he wouldn't strike while the iron is hot if he closes out well.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LOL. Jimmy Pickles giving QB advice.

Jimmy Clausen
‏@JimmyClausen

Kizer needs to get his feet underneath him and stay balanced on both of those high throws. Wide base = ball will sail on you

Jimmy Clausen ‏@JimmyClausen 12h12 hours ago

If I was Kizer I'd want to go in the draft early. Why would I come back with a HC that has no trust in you? Throw 2 ints and get yanked?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The top of the draft is far from settled with Kaaya and Watson beginning to look lukewarm. 3-4 teams will be looking for a QB and with however many games left. I think Kizer is gone because Kelly is a goddamn lunatic, but with Kaaya slowing down and anonymous scouts supposedly being down on Watson the opportunity to intrigue a QB needy team is definitely there. Trubisky is gonna lose Logan, Hollins, Switzer and possibly Hood as well. With 6 or 7 weeks to go if he's on fire to end the year I just don't see why he wouldn't strike while the iron is hot if he closes out well.

Well of course it's unsettled hence why I said we'll see at the end of the year. I just don't see him as a 1st round talent no matter how many QB needy teams are out there.

At this point he's more of a dink and dunk type passer. When you are throwing 9 times to one WR for an average of 1.7 yards and 4 times to another WR for 4.6 yards then that's 13 completions that are basically easy throws. That's inflating his completion numbers.

I see him throwing a lot of short passes, jump balls to big WRs or passes to downfield targets that are wide open. I'm not seeing a lot of tight throws. He's a poor man's Alex Smith right now.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trade for Jimmy G

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies