Future QB Talk

msadows

Liked Posts:
kizer just threw a perfect bomb. 44 years to the WR in stride. Nice to watch a QB actually have accuracy

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kizer intrigues the hell out of me.

Fucking Cleveland.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
It is paramount that we lose enough games to ensure we get one of Kizer, Watson, or Myles Garrett.

Liked Posts:
Watson is likely the most talented. He's also the most raw.

Kizer has the best intangibles and make up. Lots of arm talent. Big kid. "gets it". Compares athletically to Winston IMO.

Kaaya I need to watch more of but initial impressions is that he's below Kizer but more naturally athletic but just doesn't run much. He's an upgraded Bridgewater/Hundley(who I was REALLY high on) type to me right now.

I watched Watson last night and didn't come away overly impressed(in relation to him being the no duh #1 guy). He's the "worst" passer of the group of these three but has the most upside. He's kind of the Paxton Lynch of this year in the sense he has the highest ceiling and most upside but you have to see it translate. Like, you HAVE to like Watson and his tools but there's this thing where you wonder how it translates to the NFL and if he can throw NFL passes and what not.

Kizer to me is the "safest" pick. He's got some footwork issues to iron out on throws to the sideline. But everything is there.

Kaaya isn't a huge risk either IMO.

I would take any three of them without hesitation but if you're sitting there with all three as options..it's a hell of a debate.

I really want the Bears to draft Kaaya more than any other QB in this draft. He reminds me of a young Bernie Kosar as a passer, & if he were similar to a young Kosar, I'd be more than happy with that. In this era of wide open passing I believe a young Bernie Kosar or someone similar in terms of make up & talent do very well in this era of of play.

kdawgzx9

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder what the ND coaches did or did not see that caused them to not name Kizer the clear cut starter at the start of the year. They saw him the whole year before and all spring.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wonder what the ND coaches did or did not see that caused them to not name Kizer the clear cut starter at the start of the year. They saw him the whole year before and all spring.

Brian Kelly is a fucking idiot. Simple.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
ONLINEduke(4)

Really>?

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
JJ Stankevitz ‏@JJStankevitz
Brian Kelly says DeShone Kizer's play was "below standard." It's a "definite possibility" Brandon Wimbush could play this year.

They just dropped to 1-3. He's panicking and scapegoating the fuck out of Kizer.

For the year - including today - Kizer's completing 63%, 9 YPA, for 11 TDs and 3 INTs with FIVE rushing TDs to boot.

Yeah...let's bench your best player by far.

BlueandGold.com ‏@BGInews
Kelly on defensive coaching: “That’s the least of my concerns after today."

Yeah losing your job is your biggest concern after today.

hPqcKMe.png

Mitchapalooza

So let's say Kizer gets benched. Is he still the top qb in the draft?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They just dropped to 1-3. He's panicking and scapegoating the fuck out of Kizer.

For the year - including today - Kizer's completing 63%, 9 YPA, for 11 TDs and 3 INTs with FIVE rushing TDs to boot.

Yeah...let's bench your best player by far.

Yeah losing your job is your biggest concern after today.

hPqcKMe.png

Brian Kelly will be gone after the year. The guy has lost it. OSU fans should be worried. Urban Meyer would definitely consider South Bend.

kdawgzx9

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is in the conversation but he wasn't the top guy to begin with.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:

In my eyes yes. Kelly being an idiot wouldn't change a thing. Pro teams won't hold against him, because Kelly is gone after the season at this rate.

Brian Kelly will be gone after the year. The guy has lost it. OSU fans should be worried. Urban Meyer would definitely consider South Bend.

Yeah dude is an idiot. If you believe Kizer is playing bad(He wasn't, but whatever) then you are the head coach... Bench him instead of bitching to the media after the fact.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
In my eyes yes. Kelly being an idiot wouldn't change a thing. Pro teams won't hold against him, because Kelly is gone after the season at this rate.

Yeah dude is an idiot. If you believe Kizer is playing bad(He wasn't, but whatever) then you are the head coach... Bench him instead of bitching to the media after the fact.

That 6 year extension isn't looking too good right now

Monster

Liked Posts:
I like Luke Falk as well, but need to see him against better defenses.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
1. DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
Height: 6-4. Weight: 230.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2017): 1.
9/22/16: Kizer is the top quarterback prospect for the 2017 NFL Draft. He has a better physical skill set than Deshan Watson, Brad Kaaya or Chad Kelly. Kizer can make beautiful touch passes with superb accuracy and ball placement while being under fire from pass rush. His field vision is very good as he moves his eyes through his progressions even with defenders bearing down on him. Kizer has the arm strength to make all the throws in the NFL with impressive accuracy to beat good coverage. He consistently shows the ability to drop in accurate touch passes downfield and the mobility to make plays with his feet. Kizer is an excellent pocket passer.

In 2016, Kizer has completed 71 percent of his passes for 371 yards with seven touchdowns and one interception. He's also run for two scores. Kizer started this year with a tremendous game against Texas and gave evidence to NFL teams that he could be a future franchise quarterback. Kizer lofted in some beautiful passes between defenders against the Longhorns. Kizer also showed excellent decision-making while maintaing poise under the pass rush of Texas. He protected the football and made extraordinary passes into small openings. Kizer also was impressive in leading a near comeback against Michigan State where he made many similar throws.

In 2015, Kizer completed 63 percent of his passes for 2,884 yards with 21 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He also ran for 520 yards with 10 scores on the ground.

2. Deshaun Watson*, QB, Clemson
Height: 6-2. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.60.
Projected Round (2017): 1-2.
9/22/16: Watson had two subdued performances to open the season before playing better against a cupcake team in South Carolina State. So far in 2016, Watson has completed 57 percent of his passes for 692 yards with seven touchdowns and three interceptions.

7/29/16: Watson played really well to lead Clemson to the National Championship game, and in that title tilt, he threw for over 400 yards and four touchdowns against an Alabama defense that featured tons of future NFL talent. Watson completed 68 percent of his passes in 2015 for 4,104 yards with 35 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. On the ground, he averaged 5.3 yards per carry for 1,105 yards with 12 scores.

Watson has a decent arm, excellent athleticism, and can show some superb accuracy. However, he is undersized and doesn't play in a pro-style offense. His numbers are vastly inflated by his college offense. Operating under center will be one thing for him to learn. Watson also has to improve his field vision. He flashes good field vision to work through his progressions on some plays, but he is inconsistent and he can also look to run too soon. Watson won't be able to run as much in the NFL and he needs to get faster at working through his progressions. His pocket-passing process has to get quicker as well.

3. Brad Kaaya*, QB, Miami
Height: 6-4. Weight: 209.
Projected 40 Time: 4.72.
Projected Round (2017): 1-2.
9/22/16: I personally like Kaaya more than Watson, but the consensus view right now is that Watson would get selected higher. Thus, Kaaya is third in these rankings. In 2016, he's completed 66 percent of his passes for 694 yards with seven touchdowns and three interceptions.

Kaaya's game against Appalachian State illustrated that he has serious pocket-passing talent for the NFL. His protection has been an issue in other outings, but when Kaaya is given time, he's deadly. Kaaya showed that he has a big arm, pocket presence, is accurate in tight windows, can throw perfect touch passes, and has field vision to work through his protections. The Appalachian State tape made him look like a candidate to be a first-round pick and potential franchise quarterback.

7/29/16: 2015 was a rough year for Miami and Kaaya had to battle through with a weak supporting cast. He completed 61 percent of his passes for 3,242 yards with 16 touchdowns and five interceptions on the season. Kaaya didn't develop significantly over his freshman-year performance.

Kaaya has a good physical skill set with a strong arm that can make all the throws. At times, he has displayed some pocket-passing ability to go along with poise. In 2014, Kaaya completed 59 percent of his passes for 3,198 yards with 26 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. Kaaya had a ton of talent around him as a freshman in the form of a stud left tackle (Ereck Flowers), wide receiver (Phillip Dorsett) and running back (Duke Johnson).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Probably better for us in the long run as it increases his chances to declare. If he is benched by Kelly and/or Kelly is fired then Kizer may be more included to declare for the NFL rather than return to school with some uncertainty and risk his stock declining.