Future QB Talk

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
I think if we keep Hoyer, we could let a rookie sit behind him. I also hear ppl. saying this guy or that guy raw. Any rookie is gonna show rawness at some point.
Contrary to what some may think....no 1st yr. Qb is "pro-ready".....that's a myth.

Fuck Hoyer

Ruff Ruff

Liked Posts:
Dude.. even I, with my linguine arms would be a huge improvement over Cuntler and here u guys debating who to take next year.

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
Watson my choice also.

Kizer cant win at a program like Notre Dame bothers me.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Watson my choice also.

Kizer cant win at a program like Notre Dame bothers me.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Kizer's completing 63%, 9 YPA, for 11 TDs and 3 INTs with 5 rushing TDs. He's not without his issues, but how is he close to being the main problem and not the trash defense that has 0 sacks after 4 games or the trash coach they have Kelly?

cobra302

Liked Posts:
Kizer's completing 63%, 9 YPA, for 11 TDs and 3 INTs with 5 rushing TDs. He's not without his issues, but how is he close to being the main problem and not the trash defense that has 0 sacks after 4 games or the trash coach they have Kelly?
Exactly! ND defense hasn't learned how to tackle. Frankly, if it weren't for Kizer, they'd be getting blown out each week. Scoring 35 points should win most games, but not when the defense couldn't stop a pig in a ditch.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watson would have to learn to trust his progressions, and not just tuck and run if his 1st option or even 2nd option iant there. He is raw, but has a tremendous ceiling if he is paired with the right team and OC.

Kaaya has yhe best pocket awareness of all 3, needs to be a fraction of a second quicker with his release. I'm not sure Kaaya comes out, but working with Coach Richt ia only going to benefit him.

Kizer I havent watched really watched yet.

Out of the 3 my choice would be Kaaya, but being as I dont think he will come out, I would go with Watson over Kizer, only because i know little of Kizer, and Watson has a very high ceiling.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably better for us in the long run as it increases his chances to declare. If he is benched by Kelly and/or Kelly is fired then Kizer may be more included to declare for the NFL rather than return to school with some uncertainty and risk his stock declining.

Hope ND keeps Kelly, after throwing Kizer under the bus, it's more likely he walks with the same HC.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A little off topic but in the game last night, it was said that while interviewing QBs, brightest board guy was Wentz and 2nd was Prescott. Why were the Bear, Raiders and Dallas all trying to get Cook when a functionally sound and smart guy like Prescott is there? Cook has not shown an ability to read a field, has a weaker arm and doesn't scramble as well. He could drop from center and threw a pretty ball from the pocket, sometimes forced or errant but is low on intagibles. Probably was looked at as more pro ready but that's what coaching is for and at QB, if you have the tools, it's what's between your ears that matters most.

I could be wrong and Cook becomes a star but I was happy we lost that wager and was very unhappy about not taking Prescott somewhere in 4. I had him and Brissett rated similarly with one or both available in the 4th where we could snag one. I actually though Brissett was more likely to be there but the Pats did their homework and have the depth to make a call like that.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will take any of the 3.

Anything is better than living in Cutler purgatory.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I would think any QB that is eligible to come out this year will. In the first round, you can expect the Bears, browns, 49ers all to be drafting Qbs.

You could even say that the Cardinals, Chiefs, Ravens, and Jets may be looking early for their heirs as well.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We may not even take a qb in the 1st round. We may take that DE from Texas A&M and then get a qb in the second

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, how many teams at the bottom of the standings need a QB? (Besides us.) Just CLE?

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
We may not even take a qb in the 1st round. We may take that DE from Texas A&M and then get a qb in the second

1st Round: Myles Garrett
2nd Round: Luke Falk

Last edited: