Gagner talk heats up

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Edmonton Oilers center Sam Gagner has often been mentioned in trade rumors this season, with one recent report linking him to the Chicago Blackhawks.

David Staples of the Edmonton Journal, however, doubts Gagner will be dealt, especially if the improvement he's shown in recent games continues.

Staples points out Gagner's slow start this season was largely due to the fact he was coming off two injuries (hand and ankle), but over the past eight games, the 22-year-old center not only regained his offensive touch (seven points in those eight games), but also improved his defensive play.

That improved play will also increase his trade value. Staples acknowledged any player is moveable for the right price, but argues Gagner would have more value to the Oilers as a fill-in on one of their top two lines.

Gagner is a restricted free agent next summer earning $2.3 million this season and, given his slide down the Oilers depth chart, his future in Edmonton is murky.

For the time being, his recent improvement will keep him with the Oilers – and if they stay in the playoff chase, he’ll likely finish the season there.

Make it happen Stan :woot:

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Patrick Kane at centre experiment in Chicago didn’t blow up in anybody’s face, but the Blackhawks have Kane back on the wing, which means they’re back to looking for a No. 2 centre because Dave Bolland is really the perfect No. 3 guy and Patrick Sharp is a winger, not a centre. The Hawks had Marcus Kruger as their second-line pivot with Sharp and Marian Hossa against the New York Islanders on Friday. Could you blame them if they were looking at Sam Gagner because he played junior with Kane in London?

Interesting

Stalberg-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Gagner-Kane

:cum:

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Interesting

Stalberg-Toews-Hossa
Sharp-Gagner-Kane

:cum:

bad enough you have him in the top 6 let alone on the top line. I really hope this is a weak ass attempt to bait joecawks and NOT what you actually believe.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
bad enough you have him in the top 6 let alone on the top line. I really hope this is a weak ass attempt to bait joecawks and NOT what you actually believe.

I think we all know who hasn't watched games and seen him produce with those 2. Has he not been producing with Toews & Hossa?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if you mean "producing" by being "grindy" and the allmighty fallback of board play than I will give you your fictional production.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if you mean "producing" by being "grindy" and the allmighty fallback of board play than I will give you your fictional production.

Nope what I am reffering to his is 13 points in past 20 games :)

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
a minus 3 in the last 5, with one point. but its all about the "board play" and "speed, fire and passion and stuff" :rolleyes:

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
a minus 3 in the last 5, with one point. but its all about the "board play" and "speed, fire and passion and stuff" :rolleyes:

whoever said that, stop being butthurt and accept the fact he's been good alongside Toews

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
whoever said that, stop being butthurt and accept the fact he's been good alongside Toews

ok, if you want to continue to believe he is a top 6 forward on a stanley cup contending team your entitled to that.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Also in 1 of those 3 games he had more than 10 mins of ice time, the othe 2 games he had 7 minutes and 9 minutes

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stalberg has been fine on the top line. If you want to shit on him, you can point to the open net feed from Toews he missed a game or two ago (or even go really in depth and google some plus minus numbers!). If you want to praise him, you can mention that his speed has created rushes and space. Whatever.

But most importantly, Stalberg being able to hang on the top line gives Q options. In the past handful of games, he's been swapping Stalberg with Carcillo and vice versa whenever he feels the urge and it's been paying off. Toews and Kane are getting pushed around by St Louis? Fuck it- throw Carcillo out there to scrap it up. If the game opens up, toss Stalberg back up there and let him carry the mail a little.

Versatility, size and speed for $875k? Yeah, lets bitch about that.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just what the Hawks need, another soft player.

Give me Ruuty instead.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just what the Hawks need, another soft player.

Give me Ruuty instead.

How is he a soft player. You get a #2 center that is only 22. If he doesn't work out you let him sign elsewhere and get compensation.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stalberg has been fine on the top line. If you want to shit on him, you can point to the open net feed from Toews he missed a game or two ago (or even go really in depth and google some plus minus numbers!). If you want to praise him, you can mention that his speed has created rushes and space. Whatever.

But most importantly, Stalberg being able to hang on the top line gives Q options. In the past handful of games, he's been swapping Stalberg with Carcillo and vice versa whenever he feels the urge and it's been paying off. Toews and Kane are getting pushed around by St Louis? Fuck it- throw Carcillo out there to scrap it up. If the game opens up, toss Stalberg back up there and let him carry the mail a little.

Versatility, size and speed for $875k? Yeah, lets bitch about that.

Or maybe we should just come out of the sauce pan :troll:

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
dewey is mad