Game # 5: Bulls @ Celtics 04/28 @ 6pm TNT

cool007

Liked Posts:
First of all, I just heard that BG most likely won't be playing this game - unless miracle happens and he is not hobbled and able to play.

Secondly, why haven't we tried this. We need to trap Rondo or send big man to help trap Rondo and make him give up the ball - I saw all the games again and what I noticed is Rondo is getting a lot of his stuff in the 1st half - by just releasing after a miss by Bulls and getting on the break and us not getting back.

We need to stop this. We should be trapping Rondo and let others handle the ball and make plays, I think enough of too much paying attention to Pierce and Allen. I think because of that Rondo is having a phenomenal series coz I hardly see anyone putting a body on him while our bigs are super conscisous about Allen and Pierce. Rondo is also getting long rebounds coz our bigs are trying to switch and worry about Pierce and Allen.

Stop Rondo at the mid court and make him give up the ball, and I am pretty confident that we will have a MUCH BETTER chance at winning the game.

Come on Vinny, try that strategy for this game. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
We gave hard doubles to Rondo with a big in the overtime periods in Game 4. Rondo didn't score in either overtime period. Hopefully we keep doing that.

cool007

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
We gave hard doubles to Rondo with a big in the overtime periods in Game 4. Rondo didn't score in either overtime period. Hopefully we keep doing that.

Yup, that's what I want for an entire game.

let Pierce go 1-on-1 as it really disrupts their offense and they really don't have much ball movement when Pierce is scoring and going 1 on 1.

I would love that.

JohnSalmonsforMVP

Liked Posts:
Gordon is hurt :S. Should he play this game? Or should he wait for the next one? I think he should wait till next game. Because the series isn't over after this game. So if Ben really is as hurt as it seems, then I think he shouldn't play. Considering his injury might get worse, and we don't want him definately out for game 6. Ben could sit on the bench and play a small amount of minutes if needed at the end of the game, to try to help his team to win.

I pick Bulls in 6 games btw:p

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
cool007 wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:

Yup, that's what I want for an entire game.

let Pierce go 1-on-1 as it really disrupts their offense and they really don't have much ball movement when Pierce is scoring and going 1 on 1.

I would love that.

Especially if Gordon is out, it is a must to stop Rondo. If Gordon's out, I'd like to see Tim Thomas get around 30 minutes tonight, put him on Pierce, and tell him to work his ass off. If Thomas is dogging it, switch it up to Linton Johnson. If we have Hinrich/Salmons chasing Allen around the screens, with a bigger small forward on Pierce, while doubling Rondo with a big, I think we can disrupt their offense.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:

It took 4 games but Vinny finally realized that when a PG is averaging a trip-dub it's best to keep him from getting the ball when the opposing team begins to run their offense. It worked well in the OT's and it something that must be continued in game 5. And for the love of God someone needs to pick Rondo up on long rebounds, which is where he gets 80-90% of his rebounds. That was has been absolutely killing us in this series. A 6-1 PG should not be leading his team in rebounds.

Containing Rondo is the key to winning this series.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
YESSIR im gonna need a stream... justin.tv doesnt work where im at

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
YEEEEAAAA!!! BG is starting!

engies

Liked Posts:
We're getting robbed by the refs

Theres been a few fouls already in the paint that aint been called on celtics

Yet we have been called on fouls. I just want even calls not any favors just be fair to both teams!

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
You forgot to mention the goaltending call they missed on BG's missed layup. Someone hit the backboard.

They are getting too many offensive boards right now. Someone put a body on these guys.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Gordon getting his money's worth while he's out there as far as FG attempts go.

Definitely looks like the refs are keeping the whistles in their pockets tonight.

engies

Liked Posts:
Good hustle despite our mistakes & missed shots and lack of calls going our way (expect the obvious delibrate fouls on Kirk and John near the end) happy to only be down by 2. Just gotta put together a run and get in front!

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Turned the ball over 4 times, shot 30% for the quarter and are only down by 2.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I agree.

Similar trend as in the past, they start outplaying us with their starters, we bring in our bench, htey bring in their bench, we go on a run.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
So far Hinrich is playing good D again. :)