Game # 5: Bulls @ Celtics 04/28 @ 6pm TNT

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Got screwed on that charge call. Davis had one foot in the lane and the other foot wasn't set.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
YEEEAAA! A foul call that went our way!

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Bulls finally taking advantage of the Scalabrine / Salmons matchup like I mandated!

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
I say just pull Ben. See if he can get back for next game. He is no use to use hobbled.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
YEEEAAA! A foul call that went our way!

We've had a few calls go our way that were awfully bad. I think this game just looks like the refs are bringing their C game more so than really favoring one team.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Bulls need to keep Gordon on the floor just to keep Scalabrine on Salmons.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
Gotta love Doug Collins. "The Bulls arent a switching team. If they switch, its by mistake."

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Wow, that was pretty weak, but bad decision by Ben to reach in while Ray Allen was with his back to the basket 18 feet out and 3 seconds on the clock.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
Gotta love Doug Collins. "The Bulls arent a switching team. If they switch, its by mistake."

He obviously didn't watch game 4 where our entirely defensive strategy was predicated on switching every time Ray Allen changed sides of the court.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Is Benny Salvatore on the crew tonight? I loved his "inadvertant whistle" that cost us a possesion at the end of game 1.

The refereeing has been so different from each game. And not just in this series either.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Bulls need to get Tyrus Thomas out of the game. He doesn't contest so many shots. Hopefully Brad Miller is better in his next stint. And Noah should also obviously be better than Thomas.

maq25060

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Wow, that was pretty weak, but bad decision by Ben to reach in while Ray Allen was with his back to the basket 18 feet out and 3 seconds on the clock.
i dont think he was reaching...i think he was just trying to get wide so allen couldnt completely spin off of him

i think the refs are weak today...very weak....and most of the weakness is taken place in favor of the celtics but they have missed a call or 2 the other way....but seriously...a lot of this has been WEAK

maq25060

Liked Posts:
??? ?????? wrote:
Bulls need to get Tyrus Thomas out of the game. He doesn't contest so many shots. Hopefully Brad Miller is better in his next stint. And Noah should also obviously be better than Thomas.
i think tyrus thomas may be the lowest IQ player i have ever seen...

dunkside.com

Liked Posts:
so far

- nothing called under the boston basket, just as i expected. the refs know the C's front court is thin, so perkins and big baby could club tyrus or noah like baby seals and not get called for a foul. but vinnie should have told his players to expect this. the defending champions will get the benefit of the doubt (and even more) 99 times out of 100.

- on that offensive foul on rose, the defender had the foot on the line.

- hinrich shooting well, yet he blows an open layup and loses his dribble

- brad miller throwing 3 bad passes. wasn't he supposed to be a good passer ?!

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
maq25060 wrote:
dougthonus wrote:
i dont think he was reaching...i think he was just trying to get wide so allen couldnt completely spin off of him

i think the refs are weak today...very weak....and most of the weakness is taken place in favor of the celtics but they have missed a call or 2 the other way....but seriously...a lot of this has been WEAK

It's clearly one sided. I was watching the first quarter with a Phoenix Suns fan, and he said the Bulls would be up 7 or so if the refs were calling the game fairly.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
maq25060 wrote:
??? ?????? wrote:
i think tyrus thomas may be the lowest IQ player i have ever seen...

Amen. I've been saying that ever since he was a rook.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

The way the fouls have been called has hurt us a lot more than them, the fouls are similar (as are the good/bad call ratio IMO), but they've had a few of their questionable calls on guys Scalabrine whereas all our guards have two fouls.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Vinny's defensive strategy and scheme is impressive tonight. Makes you think...what if we used any sort of defensive scheming in the regular season, what this team could have done.

Kirk Hinrich hits again to even the game at 38!