Game of Thrones Thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Question to anyone who read the 3rd book, is this season approaching the halfway point of the book or is it behind or ahead? Just curious.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Question to anyone who read the 3rd book, is this season approaching the halfway point of the book or is it behind or ahead? Just curious.

It doesn't match up on all the story lines. For some story lines it's a little a head, and for some it's behind.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Episode last night was cool, lol they put Brienne up against a fucking Bear with a wooden sword..... does Bolton not give them any rules?

I think the best was when the guys Bolton assigned to take Jaime to King's Landing got to the arena and the lead dude "helps" by shooting the Bear with his crossbow, but thats all he was willing to do lol, like this could be life or death for him if Jaime dies, but the most hes willing to do is tell Locke to fuck off and shoot the bear with his crossbow a couple times.... don't you have other dudes with you? Shouldn't they do something.... throw some spears, shoot some bows? I mean I can't blame em for not wanting to jump in and fight a Bear, but cmon..... Bolton will likely flay you if Jaime/Brienne die and you just hang out and watch?

The Sansa and Tyrion thing creeps me out.....

The Tywin vs Joffrey encounter was a cool scene.... Tywin knows how to keep his cool, lol he wanted to grab Joffrey by the throat and be like "You are King because I keep you on that throne you cunt, now shut the fuck up and let me do my work" but instead he just kept cool and Joffrey whined like a bitch to Tywin.... only person Joffrey won't try to walk all over. Would be interesting to see what the Kingsguard and Lannister guards would do if Joffrey turned on his grandfather? Would have to imagine more of them would side with Tywin than Joffrey, but Lannister guards vs Kingsguard would be interesting.

Anyone else really want to see more white walkers?
Jaime's a true hero. Interested to say what happens with him when he gets back home. I don't think Tyrion will ever consummate his marriage w/Sansa. He see the creepiness in it too. Tywin is all man. There should be more like him.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, the Others are awesome, they don't really show them though. The white walkers (aka white zombies) really aren't that cool.

I'm more interested in these guys with their ice swords:

TfDQg.jpg
I think these guys are the white walkers . . . w/crystal swords. The other zombies are wights, those who've been killed or touched by these white walkers. I don't think this guy had mercy on Samwell. I think he just didn't see him.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yeah, my bad, the Others and White Walkers are the same thing.

I just didn't know what to call the zombie things/people.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he just didn't see him.

He looked right at Sam. In fact, that picture is the dead horseman from Sam's perspective as they made eye contact.

(I'm guessing it has something to do with the obsidian dagger Sam's carrying)

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He looked right at Sam. In fact, that picture is the dead horseman from Sam's perspective as they made eye contact.

(I'm guessing it has something to do with the obsidian dagger Sam's carrying)
Did he? You see this often in shows where the bad guy is right up on the scared would be victim in hiding and everyone believe the bad guy sees him but he doesn't and then moves on.

I did forget about the dagger though. You may have something there.

Last edited:

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Anyone else used to watch Deadliest Warrior when it was on SpikeTV? I think a Deadliest Warrior: Game of Thrones would be pretty cool.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did he? You see this often in shows where the bad guy is right up on the scared would be victim in hiding and everyone believe the bad guy sees him but he doesn't and then moves on.

I did forget about the dagger though. You may have something there.

I guess you're right, I don't know for sure that the horseman saw him. The way they shot the scene sure made it seem like it though.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Aight heres a good one, The Mountain vs 2-handed Jaime Lannister?

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aight heres a good one, The Mountain vs 2-handed Jaime Lannister?

The Mountain.

(Jaime pondered this question himself early in the third book)

I think he named "in his head" five guys in the seven kingdoms that might beat him, and he figured that at least 2-3 of them were already dead. I think he said "The Mountain's size and strength "wasn't human," or words to that affect.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess you're right, I don't know for sure that the horseman saw him. The way they shot the scene sure made it seem like it though.
Yeah, I know they made it look like he saw him but visibility was poor and Sam seemed well hidden when he first climbed behind the rock. How would he know Sam had the dagger anyway?

[video=youtube;upDoPAVExjg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upDoPAVExjg[/video]

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After rewatching that...they went out of their way to show eye contact and "recognition" of some sort.

The obsidian weapons might have special powers but I don't think invisibilty is one of them.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He didn't have the weapon out. He keeps it inside that big furry coat (out of sight)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah the show clearly glosses over how Sam went from being surrounded by White Walkers to being back with the other Night's Watch guys. Idk if it was glossed over in the book, I doubt it. It makes me wonder if theres something that happened which we will find out later or if it was just a plot hole of sorts we have to ignore and live it.

Khal Drogo vs The Hound?

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's a good match up.

I'd say The Hound over Drogo because of the armor/better weapons factor.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's a good match up.

I'd say The Hound over Drogo because of the armor/better weapons factor.
hahahahaha. Drogo was most elite of all. That long hair wasn't just there to make him look pretty. He never lost a fight.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He didn't have the weapon out. He keeps it inside that big furry coat (out of sight)

Right, so we can either assume possessing the obsidian weapons render you invisible to the dead; being a coward gets you a pass; the dead didn't see him due to bad eyesight; or, the screen play is skipping an important plot point as Ares mentioned.

I'm with Ares. But I think the obsidian weapon is an issue (somehow/someway).

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right, so we can either assume possessing the obsidian weapons render you invisible to the dead; being a coward gets you a pass; the dead didn't see him due to bad eyesight; or, the screen play is skipping an important plot point as Ares mentioned.

The dragon glass comes from the fire (volcanoes). Fire is the only way these things can be destroyed so I'd guess dragon glass is their kryptonite.

Don't think they're skipping a plot point. White Walkers just an interesting side story anyway, giving credence to the importance of the wall and those who protect it. Who is protecting that damn thing now anyway?

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Re: Game of Thrones Season 3

Dragon glass kills them. In the books iirc Sam already killed one and they mockingly call him "Sam the slayer".

sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus on PPC