Game of Thrones Thread

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The dragon glass comes from the fire (volcanoes). Fire is the only way these things can be destroyed so I'd guess dragon glass is their kryptonite.

Don't think they're skipping a plot point. White Walkers just an interesting side story anyway, giving credence to the importance of the wall and those who protect it. Who is protecting that damn thing now anyway?

I highly doubt they are just a sub plot when you consider all the things that are happening at the same time for the first time in centuries. My guess is the rising of the dead is the catalyst for almost everything else that's happening in the story. Or something set off the dead, which ultimately leads to everything else.

Kind of like how the Mongols shaped Chinese history, and the Great Wall. (the author is leaning heavily on the middle ages, and mixing European and Asian history nicely, with a sprinkle of all the best legends and fables)

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
There seems to be a lot of talk about how the Others passed over Sam, but I personally think it was just a bad screen play accident from the show. He never even saw Sam is my guess.

And yes, the dragon fire is important but I'd bet a lot of money it has nothing to do with Sam not being seen (seen as how he gets attacked later).

As for the Others themselves, like Ole, I'm hoping for a pretty big twist with that plot. Like maybe they have a relation to the Starks somehow, or wargs or something. It's pretty obvious they are the Ice to the Dragon's Fire theme that runs throughout the book.

At the very least the Others are to be the means to which the GoT 'Jesus' rises up and saves the world.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I highly doubt they are just a sub plot when you consider all the things that are happening at the same time for the first time in centuries. My guess is the rising of the dead is the catalyst for almost everything else that's happening in the story. Or something set off the dead, which ultimately leads to everything else.

Kind of like how the Mongols shaped Chinese history, and the Great Wall. (the author is leaning heavily on the middle ages, and mixing European and Asian history nicely, with a sprinkle of all the best legends and fables)
yeah, yeah, winter is coming. Whatever. I still don't see GOT turning into the Walking Dead. The wall was built specifically to keep the white walkers out and defend the 7 kingdoms from them should they come again. It was when, in the absence of white walkers, the emphasis turned to just keeping the free people out that the importance of the wall and the luster of those who defended it took a big hit. Now there is no honor for those who defend it as they are mostly just society's rejects or those who have been sent to defend it as part of some punishment. Re-Enter the White Walkers to restore the importance of it all.

Last edited:

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
At the very least the Others are to be the means to which the GoT 'Jesus' rises up and saves the world.
That seems most likely of all. I think it is to build up the importance of the wall and those who defend it and I'm thinking Jon Snow will be the one to rise up as the savior.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
That seems most likely of all. I think it is to build up the importance of the wall and those who defend it and I'm thinking Jon Snow will be the one to rise up as the savior.

Who is Azor Ahai...? (rhetorical question)

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Game of Thrones Season 3

Fire burns and leaves nothing. Cold preserves.

~paraphrasing maester aemon targaryen

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I feel like the pacing is really messed up this season. There is so much crap that happens in the third book, yet this season has been dragging.

Hopefully it picks back up, if not next season is going to be insanely packed with stuff.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Mountain/w Armor and Wooden Sword vs That Bear that Jaime saved Brienne from

:D

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I feel like the pacing is really messed up this season. There is so much crap that happens in the third book, yet this season has been dragging.

Hopefully it picks back up, if not next season is going to be insanely packed with stuff.

I thought someone mentioned that this book was split into two seasons...

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
I thought someone mentioned that this book was split into two seasons...

It is, but it feels like they didn't need to with how much this season has been dragging.

Kinda feels like they re-arranged certain events so that next season will be super packed and this season will be all lead up.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
at least ros is dead. no more "let's talk to the whore who wasn't in the book" scenes. She had stopped getting naked anyway, except when she took that arrow to the tit

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I noticed another difference in the show than in the book that's kind of weird. While in both Sansa is to marry Tyrion, but in the show Cersei is to marry Loras while in the book Loras can't marry at all, and Cersei is to marry Willas.

I wonder why they switched that up?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
they didn't want to introduce another Tyrell character is my guess. There hasn't been much for Willas to do in the books except exist by mention or in flashbacks

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Tywin should have offered Cersei to Stannis, bahahaha she prolly would have tried to kill Tywin.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Stannis is married AND has a witchmistress, so...

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I've seen carice in a couple other movies since then and she sure loves to get naked. :D

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Samwell Tarly vs "Hot Pie" ...

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I learned something odd the other day; apparently the name Bran is Welsh for "raven." Have to give Martin credit for finding that little tidbit...sneaky fucker.