Game of Thrones Thread

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like the pacing is really messed up this season. There is so much crap that happens in the third book, yet this season has been dragging.

Hopefully it picks back up, if not next season is going to be insanely packed with stuff.

I'm just over half way through the third book and I just now got to where we are in this season. I'm slightly ahead on the Dany's and Arya story lines but everything else is mostly on pace.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So speaking of Arya's story.... The Hound just got a hold of her at the end of the last episode.... whats everyone think? Is he gonna try to give her back over to the Lannisters in return for his spot back or will he try to take her home like what he had offered to Sansa?

Idk what to think, there are hints of him being an ok dude and then he acts like a prick at times.... saved Loras from The Mountain.... helped kill Ned Stark's guys.... saved Sansa from rapists... Abandoned Joffrey and told him to fuck off.... says alot of shit about loving to kill people... hes a bit of a fucked up mystery to me.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So speaking of Arya's story.... The Hound just got a hold of her at the end of the last episode.... whats everyone think? Is he gonna try to give her back over to the Lannisters in return for his spot back or will he try to take her home like what he had offered to Sansa?

Idk what to think, there are hints of him being an ok dude and then he acts like a prick at times.... saved Loras from The Mountain.... helped kill Ned Stark's guys.... saved Sansa from rapists... Abandoned Joffrey and told him to fuck off.... says alot of shit about loving to kill people... hes a bit of a fucked up mystery to me.

Arya is clearly the badest (deadliest) chick, and maybe the most dangerous character in the story. She trained under a master swordsman at a ridiculous age, has personally killed people at a younger age than anyone else I can think of; has ordered people killed...she even chased her direwolf away first to save it.

Personally, I think the Hound knows what she is almost as well as he knows who she is. Kindred spirits maybe?

But The Hound is flawed because of his hatred for his brother, The Mountain; Arya doesn't seem to have any flaws. She can pass for almost anything from boy/girl to gutter rat/cup bearer, and yet she survives/thrives while those around her die or suffer. She has escaped from everyone that has ever held her, and almost everyone has at one time or another, even when they didn't know it.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
why is the hound's hatred of the mountain a flaw? the mountain is a pure evil motherfucker. you'd be flawed NOT to hate him.

never mind the whole face burning thing

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

He's done with the Lannisters. He'll take her to a Stark but I don't see any reunion forthcoming cause I think her trek continues til she uses Jaqen's coin to go join up with the faceless people.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why is the hound's hatred of the mountain a flaw? the mountain is a pure evil motherfucker. you'd be flawed NOT to hate him.

never mind the whole face burning thing

Exactly. He will do things that are stupid and dangerous just to engage his brother.

Plus he has a fear of fire which is bad with dragons and wildfire in the world, to say nothing of the god of fire...or light, or whatever.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So does the Hound find a way to fight against his brother and kill the bastard? Hound vs Mountain round 2 would be awesome.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's done with the Lannisters. He'll take her to a Stark but I don't see any reunion forthcoming cause I think her trek continues til she uses Jaqen's coin to go join up with the faceless people.

I know Arya is a badass but if she joins the faceless dudes then everybody she want's dead is fucked.

At some point, I hope she meet Brianne and Bronn.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So does the Hound find a way to fight against his brother and kill the bastard? Hound vs Mountain round 2 would be awesome.

I think the only thing the Hound has in his favor is that he's willing to run away from anybody/anything but his brother. The Mountain has to stand where Tywin tells him.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that a spoiler or a guess?

I know Arya is a badass but if she joins the faceless dudes then everybody she want's dead is fucked.

At some point, I hope she meet Brianne and Bronn.
It's a guess based off the Gunzaan spoiler I mentioned I saw on the first page.
She saw Dad die and now I suspect she'll see her brother die as well. Likely that's who the big guy will take her to or Mom which matters not cause they're together. That, I would guess,is the final family tragedy that will send her to join up with the faceless assassins. Jaqen and the coin had to mean something for later on.

Stapler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, I see.

Well I've seen enough HBO series to know that several shocking deaths are about to happen. And I'm far enough along in book 3 to know that lots of things are going sour for the north all at the same time.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Man I'm glad I've already read all the books this thread is all kinds of spoilery.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, I see.

Well I've seen enough HBO series to know that several shocking deaths are about to happen. And I'm far enough along in book 3 to know that lots of things are going sour for the north all at the same time.
Yeah, I expect many shocking deaths in the last 3 episodes. I'd like to see if the Lord of Light can bring anyone back besides the one eyed guy.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh, I see.

Kinda funny, cause things were going so well for the North thus far right?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Question for people who have not read the books and thus know the answer to this question lol.....

If Robb Stark dies out in the field right now, who would assume command of the North and its armies?

There aint no Stark in Winterfell to do it.... If Bran was there I assume they would bow to him and he would let someone more senior lead the armies.... but they are not sure if he is alive or not. They claim in the show Sansa is the heir to Winterfell but I keep thinking no Northern bannermen are going to want to take orders from some girl who is a prisoner of the Lannisters.

Lady Stark aint exactly popular, doubt anyone would want to listen to her.

Maybe Robb's Direwolf could take over? :lol:

What do you guys think?

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Question for people who have not read the books and thus know the answer to this question lol.....

If Robb Stark dies out in the field right now, who would assume command of the North and its armies?

There aint no Stark in Winterfell to do it.... If Bran was there I assume they would bow to him and he would let someone more senior lead the armies.... but they are not sure if he is alive or not. They claim in the show Sansa is the heir to Winterfell but I keep thinking no Northern bannermen are going to want to take orders from some girl who is a prisoner of the Lannisters.

What do you guys think?

The answer, clearly, is me.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Stark child in Utero... No? That is the usual line of succession. A bannerman would take control till he was old enough, if none of his siblings could fill in because they're either captured, running around learning how to talk to birds, or learning to be an assassin, or maybe his uncle/bastard Snow, could sit and advise till he's of age.

Haven't read any books, don't know anything just speculating here.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

What do you guys think?

a bannerman...probably a Tully (Blackfish)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If one of the Stark bannermen takes control, who? Bolton and his nutcases? Rodrick is dead.... Karstark is dead.... lol they are short on top leadership it seems.

And idk if a Tully taking command would go over well.... The Starks are lords of the North, they are only connected to the Tully's by marriage right? A Tully taking over would mean a lord of the Riverlands getting to be in charge of the North, not sure it would go over very well.

Bastard Snow would probably make a good leader to be honest, but hes a bastard.... a recognized bastard who joined the Night's Watch and then had to join up with Wildlings to save his skin is probably the last guy who the North would allow to take over as regent of the North. Too bad Snow went the Night's Watch path.... honestly Robb could use him IMO.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game of Thrones Season 3

If a Tully becomes King of the north that could be bad news for Talisa. She and her baby in utero would become a target cause you know how seriously people take this King stuff and the line of succession. Jon Snow would be the wiser choice. He is a Stark (in some way)