Game of Thrones Thread

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think I figured out why this season feels like its dragging a bit compared to the first 2 seasons... more storylines.

I realized in the episode last night, Arya and The Hound had like a 3 minute scene and that was it. And then I realized all the storylines have episodes like this where the story takes just a couple tiny steps forward. I really think this makes the stories feel like they drag because each episode a little bit happens for most storylines and a couple of the lines take big leaps forward. So even though 1 or 2 stories make big progress, the other ones feel like they are dragging the whole story because they make little or no progress.

They should just expand the seasons to like 20 episodes and limit the number of storylines per episode.... I think it works better when a story either makes good progress or is just absent from the episode entirely. I may also just want more GoT episodes... :D

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
They do a lot of table setting, but the show runners were just quoted as saying they envision the whole series lasting about 7 seasons. As far as adapting the books goes, they won't have the same problem in books 4 and 5 that they did with book 3, because a lot less happens, and also the time frame that books 4 and 5 take place during is the same, just told from different POVs. At least they have the plot for the rest of the series in hand from Martin himself, so we will get to see how everything wraps up. Meanwhile, I really wish Martin would get of his ass and finish at least book 6 before he croaks

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hmmmm books 4 and 5 are same time period, different POVs? So I wonder if they will cover the period of the 2 books in 2 seasons and tell all the stories in parallel. It would seem werid to have a season cover just some story for a time period, then have a 2nd season cover the other stories for the same time period, since up to now all stories are told in parallel.

You think they will do it that way or literally cover the books over 2 distinct seasons?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think they will compress a lot of it but it's hard to say

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think they will compress a lot of it but it's hard to say

No! I demand you tell me exactly how a group of people outside of your control will produce a fictional book series into TV seasons! :D

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game of Thrones Season 3

As for Coldhands, I think he will show up, because

I'm convinced he is Benjen Stark

For real? That would be crazy. I was reading something about the guy who played Ned saying he'd like to get back in the show even if it was as a zombie.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game of Thrones Season 3

In watching the preview for the next show, I noticed they said in 2 weeks. What's up with that?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game of Thrones Season 3

Ah, oh well. Leave more time for speculation. I think Tywin is ready to get rid of that embarrassing stupid grandson of his. And Tyrion's ready to make some trouble. He had some good lines in the last show ... About how Joffrey would need a wooden cock to fuck his bride and then the story of how he once vomited on a girl during the act. Then he says to Sansa come wife, I'll tell you all about it to put you in the mood. That's one funny imp.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
2 weeks for new GoT?!?!?! Argh.... man when this season ends Sundays are gonna suck

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ah, oh well. Leave more time for speculation. I think Tywin is ready to get rid of that embarrassing stupid grandson of his. And Tyrion's ready to make some trouble. He had some good lines in the last show ... About how Joffrey would need a wooden cock to fuck his bride and then the story of how he once vomited on a girl during the act. Then he says to Sansa come wife, I'll tell you all about it to put you in the mood. That's one funny imp.

Im waiting for Joffrey to go after Tyron again with his Kingsguards..... and Bronn will carve up some Kingsguards :D

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
as we all know, joffrey prefers crossbowing to sex, anyway.

when all the ravens were gathering outside the hut, that was one of the best moments of suspense for me in the show so far. And I usually hate that director based on her work on "breaking bad" (super gimmicky)

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Oh another moment I forgot.... when Cersei tells Margaery "If you call me sister again I will have you strangled in your sleep"... man she is one bitter old cunt.

Cersei better watch out.... Joffrey is falling under Margaery's influence.... Cersei might be nailed to a bedpost next

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
as we all know, joffrey prefers crossbowing to sex, anyway.

when all the ravens were gathering outside the hut, that was one of the best moments of suspense for me in the show so far. And I usually hate that director based on her work on "breaking bad" (super gimmicky)

Yeah, for a minute there I thought they were going to cut away from that scene and not show the Other and leave it as a cliffhanger of sorts.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, for a minute there I thought they were going to cut away from that scene and not show the Other and leave it as a cliffhanger of sorts.

Speaking of cliffhangers of sorts... Are we meant to assume that all the Night's watch guys killed one another at Krasta's place.... or will they likely show up later in the Sam/Gilly storyline perhaps?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game of Thrones Season 3

Speaking of cliffhangers of sorts... Are we meant to assume that all the Night's watch guys killed one another at Krasta's place.... or will they likely show up later in the Sam/Gilly storyline perhaps?

They ain't all dead but there's definitely positions at the top that's been vacated.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If The Mountain went North of the wall and took out a White Walker wtf happens? I mean if he just carves one of them mofos to literal pieces are they like zombies where the head piece still works? Do the pieces run together like a Terminator and go back to being a White Walker?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game of Thrones Season 3

If The Mountain went North of the wall and took out a White Walker wtf happens? I mean if he just carves one of them mofos to literal pieces are they like zombies where the head piece still works? Do the pieces run together like a Terminator and go back to being a White Walker?

Looking like you can only kill them with fire or dragon glass.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Looking like you can only kill them with fire or dragon glass.

Yeah that seems to be the case, thats why I wonder what happens when you cut them apart without using dragon glass or fire

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Game of Thrones Season 3

Is Stannis going to let the Baratheon bastard go now. And when he was naming Robb, Joffrey, and Greyjoy during that ritual was he praying for their deaths?